Ed Daniels

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

A couple fans wonder why Tulane doesn’t get more attention, that’s not strange. Ed making a little video and editorial calling out those fans is what’s weird.

Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:52 am Ed-itorial: Riding the Wave of Enthusiam – who’s on board?
Video
https://wgno.com/sports/ed-itorial-ridi ... -on-board/
I remember "Buffet" Bob Toledo complaining to me face to face that he only made $450,000 a year as head coach, and that Tulane would never be successful at Div. 1 football until it paid a competitive salary to its coaches, both head coach and staff coaches. I agreed with "Buffet" Bob but silently thought, "if Cowen paid a competitive salary for our head coach and staff coaches, I would not be talking to a washed-up has-been like you right now." :D
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:01 am
tpstulane wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:52 am Ed-itorial: Riding the Wave of Enthusiam – who’s on board?
Video
I remember "Buffet" Bob Toledo complaining to me face to face that he only made $450,000 a year as head coach, and that Tulane would never be successful at Div. 1 football until it paid a competitive salary to its coaches, both head coach and staff coaches. I agreed with "Buffet" Bob but silently thought, "if Cowen paid a competitive salary for our head coach and staff coaches, I would not be talking to a washed-up has-been like you right now." :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wave755, you could have expressed those thoughts in a positive manner. You could have told Buffet Bob that, "if it weren't for his miserly salary he wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to speak directly with Wave755."--it was destiny.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:16 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:43 pm Don’t blame the media. Calling for commitment in hopes of a Big 12 invite
https://crescentcitysports.com/commimen ... l-success/
Because of that commitment, Cincinnati will be leaving the American for the Big XII.
Conference realignment will continue for years to come. If Tulane got into the Big XII, what do you think attendance might be for a home slate that includes TCU, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas Tech? Attendance would grow exponentially.
Blaming the media is a red herring. It is all about commitment. It is time to build on the momentum of potentially a great season.
Mixed message in that article. He ultimately does call out the university for not making the commitment, but he starts off the article by attacking us, the Tulane supporters, for trying to get the media to do their part.

I also think his opinion and my opinion of the media's role are two different things. He seems to think its our job to be good first, if we expect to be reported on. He even made the point that all the media were there at the press conference, BECAUSE they're winning. My opinion is, the media's job is to report on the local news, REGARDLESS of whether its good or bad, whether we're winning or losing. Its their job to INFORM the public of what's happening in the city. Not to inform them only if its good, or if the media feels its worth reporting.
Could Ed Daniels be gbgreenie?
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:26 am
Wave755 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:01 am
Video
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wave755, you could have expressed those thoughts in a positive manner. You could have told Buffet Bob that, "if it weren't for his miserly salary he wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to speak directly with Wave755."--it was destiny.
😂😂😂
TURVS71
Swell

Question for Mr. Daniels: “In which press box will you be this weekend? The one of the Top 25 team or the one of the unranked team?
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
TURVS71
Swell

Still waiting Ed to find out from
which press box you will be tweeting this Saturday at 2:30PM!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Show Me
Tsunami

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:46 pm Still waiting Ed to find out from
which press box you will be tweeting this Saturday at 2:30PM!
I predict
Ed will be in BR but his protégé Richie Mills will be in NOLA.
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:30 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:43 pm Don’t blame the media. Calling for commitment in hopes of a Big 12 invite
https://crescentcitysports.com/commimen ... l-success/

Mixed message in that article. He ultimately does call out the university for not making the commitment, but he starts off the article by attacking us, the Tulane supporters, for trying to get the media to do their part.

I also think his opinion and my opinion of the media's role are two different things. He seems to think its our job to be good first, if we expect to be reported on. He even made the point that all the media were there at the press conference, BECAUSE they're winning. My opinion is, the media's job is to report on the local news, REGARDLESS of whether its good or bad, whether we're winning or losing. Its their job to INFORM the public of what's happening in the city. Not to inform them only if its good, or if the media feels its worth reporting.
Look dumb quat I emailed Daniels and told him his weak argument when the hometown paper can't even put our score on the front page alongside the school up the river. I also put criticism on the backs of New Orleans and the Tulane employment and what should be the schools base in the city. I mentioned about the tourist commission not promoting Tulane as they would local conventions that bring money into the city. I mentioned the Universities failure to sell and promote local products at its games, Abita Brewing, Rielly Foods, Zatarain's, Folger's and Community Coffees, Jambalaya Girl, Faubourg Beer and other local companies. This is a potential lost fanbase as ticket packages could be offered to these companies as they promote their products. With all that said, True Tulane fans have an obligation to keep negativity off of these boards that are read by recruits and families. You chose not to go to games and stay home that is your problem I don't want to hear about personal problems. We are the voice of the Wave in the Community and just like Saint fans we need to be diehards through both winning and losing. Be positive influence and stop handicapping Coach Fritz and other coaches with negativity. Yes, I challenge any of you fair weather fans to recruit to empty stadiums and to all the negativity. You are bound to fail. So be positive influences so we can continue this momentum moving forward.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:10 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:30 am

Look dumb quat I emailed Daniels and told him his weak argument when the hometown paper can't even put our score on the front page alongside the school up the river. I also put criticism on the backs of New Orleans and the Tulane employment and what should be the schools base in the city. I mentioned about the tourist commission not promoting Tulane as they would local conventions that bring money into the city. I mentioned the Universities failure to sell and promote local products at its games, Abita Brewing, Rielly Foods, Zatarain's, Folger's and Community Coffees, Jambalaya Girl, Faubourg Beer and other local companies. This is a potential lost fanbase as ticket packages could be offered to these companies as they promote their products. With all that said, True Tulane fans have an obligation to keep negativity off of these boards that are read by recruits and families. You chose not to go to games and stay home that is your problem I don't want to hear about personal problems. We are the voice of the Wave in the Community and just like Saint fans we need to be diehards through both winning and losing. Be positive influence and stop handicapping Coach Fritz and other coaches with negativity. Yes, I challenge any of you fair weather fans to recruit to empty stadiums and to all the negativity. You are bound to fail. So be positive influences so we can continue this momentum moving forward.
gbgreenie, You're posts are like my golf game--all over the fairway, and frequently not even on the fairway. My point is you love to blame all the Tulane athletic problems on the few dozen or so fans that we have left, instead of the real source of our problems--Gibson Hall. And while I didn't mention anything about it, I'll go ahead and address the media since you brought it up. The media are like the fans, waiting for something to talk about. I have no opinion or view regarding your complaints about how Tulane doesn't further various restaurant and food brands--never really noodled on that one much.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane Athletics missed the boat when I suggested they sell-rent food and beverages spaces at Yulman to local business, instead of allowing the Universities foodservice management company to control concessions at the stadium... local Breweries, Adult Beverage and Eateries, would have had first choice..an example of this would be the Zurich Open golf tournament..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fans in Westfeld really miss the margarita's from Superior Grill.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:07 pm Fans in Westfeld really miss the margarita's from Superior Grill.
New Orleans Original Daiquiris would have been a hit
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:11 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:07 pm Fans in Westfeld really miss the margarita's from Superior Grill.

Yes if Tulane wants to be New Orleans team it needs to prove it selling and promoting New Orleans foods and beverages. The fanbase needs to come from local workers, companies including the Tulane Community of employees.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:11 pm
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Just win !
Wave755
Tsunami

This year may turn out to be a lot like 1998 when we were the "only show in town" for Louisiana football - the Saints went 6-10 under Mike Ditka💀 and LSWho was 4-7 under Gerry DiNardo☠️. Being a Saints fan, I feel for our team, but sincerely hope LSWho loses to Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas and Texas A & M. 🤞

Cowen squandered our 1998 season, but hopefully, with Cowen no longer president, not so for 2022, but we have tough games ahead for UCF, Cincy, and SMU, a team that has had our number and is 7-0 against us from 2015 to 2021.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Also I do know of some local vendors at the stadium that aren’t part of the giant shitty food company (Aramark or whatever it’s called).
Hornetswave
Low Tide

These local TV news station should stop calling themselves local reporting. Nothing is local about non of them .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WGNO-TV either at 5,6 or 10. We had a Greenbacker interviewed today by LBJ.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Strike the iron while it’s hot! FACILITIES

Tulane must produce facility upgrades to keep producing football wins
https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-m ... ball-wins/
Fritz said Wednesday that he hopes to meet with the “powers that be” to discuss keeping what he calls “momentum” for the Green Wave football program.
“We want to be able to this consistently, said Fritz. “I have talked to people who want to get this going. I am busy but at some point in time we will sit down and think about some things we can do to keep the momentum.”
Clearly, Fritz feels that facility upgrades are priorities for the football program moving forward.
“You know I heard your story the other day, and you talked about that as well,” Fritz told a reporter Wednesday.
“That is something we would like to do.”
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:03 am Strike the iron while it’s hot! FACILITIES

Tulane must produce facility upgrades to keep producing football wins
https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-m ... ball-wins/
Fritz said Wednesday that he hopes to meet with the “powers that be” to discuss keeping what he calls “momentum” for the Green Wave football program.
“We want to be able to this consistently, said Fritz. “I have talked to people who want to get this going. I am busy but at some point in time we will sit down and think about some things we can do to keep the momentum.”
Clearly, Fritz feels that facility upgrades are priorities for the football program moving forward.
“You know I heard your story the other day, and you talked about that as well,” Fritz told a reporter Wednesday.
“That is something we would like to do.”
Yep. There's the HC telling you what I said in the other thread. But the mean spirited here will always attack me no matter how right I am.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Outstanding 11min interview here by Ed with FTW’s Michael Arata. You will want to contribute after hearing it.

https://wgno.com/sports/fear-the-wave-m ... portszone/
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed going to have David Harris on WGNO The SportsZone this coming Friday. Tulane Baseball and Basketball the hot topic 🤔
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed’s entire SportsZone tonight is Tulane. He’s having David Harris on as his in studio guest for a 20 minute interview.
Tulane Class of 1981