Steve Foley

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Record setter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyl_1AkPdzk

What good memories that brings back. He and his brothers were great players for the Wave!

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Record setter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyl_1AkPdzk

What good memories that brings back. He and his brothers were great players for the Wave!
Not too damn bad for a "Walk On"... I think Steve got his start in pro ball in the USFL...it may have been with the Tampa Bay Bandit's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Steve Foley played his first professional season in the WFL. I can remember going to Franklin Field as a boy to watch the Philadelphia Bell play to a mostly empty stadium. In spite of having draftees like Anthony Davis and many free agent NFL veterans it never became a serious threat to the NFL.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nice! Thanks for posting Win!
One of my all time favorites players there!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:Steve Foley played his first professional season in the WFL. I can remember going to Franklin Field as a boy to watch the Philadelphia Bell play to a mostly empty stadium. In spite of having draftees like Anthony Davis and many free agent NFL veterans it never became a serious threat to the NFL.
Thanks for the info, I knew he did not start his career in the NFL and have to admit, I forgot about the WFL ..it was like it was played in a totally different World
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Played in Jacksonville with Charlie Hall.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:Played in Jacksonville with Charlie Hall.
At least I remembered it was in Florida !!!
Jaxwave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:Played in Jacksonville with Charlie Hall.
At least I remembered it was in Florida !!!
Steve Barrios and Saints' kicker Charlie Durkee on that team as well as future Saints' WR Willie Jackson.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

I remember Foley being such a good runner at quarterback breaking off some long runs, good speed.
Steve Foley running QB
Career Tulane
Att: 324
Yds: 1308
Avg: 4.0
TDs: 12
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981