Could an Indoor Practice Facility be coming Nov ‘23? Stay tuned...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
arkhou02
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:17 am
arkhou02 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:37 am
DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:43 pm

Please explain. I have no idea what you are referring to here, who's Kelly and how did it piss off Sumrall?
I know you must have seen where the most important person running NIL was offered peanuts by Tulane for a full time position and Fritz went in a scooped him up for Houston. Sumrall wanted Kelly badly for the position. The way it all went down pissed our new coach off as it should. Kelly was involved in so many negotiations to get players the past two years. And he negotiated many of the deals after Sumrall was hired. Sumrall and Kelly were on the same page about everything. Another Tulane fuck up.
Except the NIL is not run by Tulane. Fear the Wave is autonomous and the Tulane Athletics Department doesn't make hiring/firing decisions to my knowledge. Nor do they pay their salaries. I'm not even sure it's the leadership takes a salary. Someone with more inside knowledge can shed light, I'm sure.

Arkhou, I know you are disappointed in where Tulane is and apparently where we're headed. I feel the same disappointment and frustration and am less optimistic than most posters on this forum about how high on the list of programs that might make the cut, or our University's desire to play with the "haves". But you are looking for ways to blame Tulane that aren't there. There's plenty to complain about without needing to create things to bitch and moan about. And "Only at Tulane" doesn't apply to taking the cheaper alternative, as just about every D1 athletics department operates at a 7 or 8 figure deficit and is looking for ways to save money. Hell, West Virginia's baseball coach took a bus to Chapel Hill for their first SuperRegional in a very long time because their charter only had 30 seats. Only at Tulane? I think not, and it's not limited to the G5's.
Fair enough and well said. But as WW said, a NIL paying position was offered to Kelly for peanuts. Fritz came in a made a much better offer and that was that. I know this for a fact. Sumrall wanted Kelly to be the point person. As usual, Harris and Fitts did not see it that way. Sumrall was not happy.

This coupled with the Cotton Bowl have finally convinced me after 63 years that we will never play with big boys again after next year. I don’t understand why Tulane would build anything at this point. And again we have an AD that has said nothing and isn’t present. They just don’t care. Therefore, I won’t give athletics another dollar unless a miracle happens. I really believe if we made the playoffs next year that wouldn’t register. The window has passed and I pull for the kids, but I will check out when we drop in competition. In fact, I think we should all be shouting this until we are finally shut up by the administrations inaction.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:16 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:17 am
arkhou02 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:37 am

I know you must have seen where the most important person running NIL was offered peanuts by Tulane for a full time position and Fritz went in a scooped him up for Houston. Sumrall wanted Kelly badly for the position. The way it all went down pissed our new coach off as it should. Kelly was involved in so many negotiations to get players the past two years. And he negotiated many of the deals after Sumrall was hired. Sumrall and Kelly were on the same page about everything. Another Tulane fuck up.
Except the NIL is not run by Tulane. Fear the Wave is autonomous and the Tulane Athletics Department doesn't make hiring/firing decisions to my knowledge. Nor do they pay their salaries. I'm not even sure it's the leadership takes a salary. Someone with more inside knowledge can shed light, I'm sure.

Arkhou, I know you are disappointed in where Tulane is and apparently where we're headed. I feel the same disappointment and frustration and am less optimistic than most posters on this forum about how high on the list of programs that might make the cut, or our University's desire to play with the "haves". But you are looking for ways to blame Tulane that aren't there. There's plenty to complain about without needing to create things to bitch and moan about. And "Only at Tulane" doesn't apply to taking the cheaper alternative, as just about every D1 athletics department operates at a 7 or 8 figure deficit and is looking for ways to save money. Hell, West Virginia's baseball coach took a bus to Chapel Hill for their first SuperRegional in a very long time because their charter only had 30 seats. Only at Tulane? I think not, and it's not limited to the G5's.
Fair enough and well said. But as WW said, a NIL paying position was offered to Kelly for peanuts. Fritz came in a made a much better offer and that was that. I know this for a fact. Sumrall wanted Kelly to be the point person. As usual, Harris and Fitts did not see it that way. Sumrall was not happy.

This coupled with the Cotton Bowl have finally convinced me after 63 years that we will never play with big boys again after next year. I don’t understand why Tulane would build anything at this point. And again we have an AD that has said nothing and isn’t present. They just don’t care. Therefore, I won’t give athletics another dollar unless a miracle happens. I really believe if we made the playoffs next year that wouldn’t register. The window has passed and I pull for the kids, but I will check out when we drop in competition. In fact, I think we should all be shouting this until we are finally shut up by the administrations inaction.
I understood this was your position about 2 weeks ago, every post you've made since is needless reinforcement of a position most of us comprehend.

And again, I don't think Fitts, Harris, or anyone at Tulane had anything to do with what was offered to Kelly. It's like saying Amazon should have offered more for an eBay employee to stay put.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
arkhou02
Surge

Did you not read my post. I know this for a FACT. Harris made an offer that was ridiculous and approved by Fitts. And I don’t like being told I am liar. This is the same shit that happened when Cowen almost pulled the plug.

As far as the daily regurgitation, I will post as I please. The only way there will be any change is for everyone to continue to voice their displeasure with where Tulane athletics is headed. I know it is a million to one that it will make a difference, but saying nothing will amount to nothing.
Last edited by arkhou02 on Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TURVS71
Swell

I was recently asked,” If you are so aggravated and disappointed with the administration of Tulane, then why are you a fan?” My response was,” I love the team, but dislike the athletic administration.” To me that kind of question shows that most people are just willing to accept whatever Tulane throws out at them and like somebody who is just ready to give up and accept things the way they are, which is fine if that’s how you feel. That’s exactly what Tulane wants.. They’re going to do what they want and The fans have to be happy with it or you walk.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
nawlinspete
Riptide

Perhaps we'll get Dannen II .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:17 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:55 pm I really am at a loss for what you would expect to hear. They said it would be done by August practice. Do you expect them to call a press conference to have the contractor lay out day by day schedule? While I understand your misgivings about past Tulane disappointments, I don't understand what you expect as an "update".
If Tulane can put out updates like the one below, they can and should surely keep the fans up to date on other and bigger facility updates...

Check your pm's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:41 pm Perhaps we'll get Dannen II .
It looks that way or worse. Wonder who really wanted that job and got low balled.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:54 pm Did you not read my post. I know this for a FACT. Harris made an offer that was ridiculous and approved by Fitts. And I don’t like being told I am liar. This is the same shit that happened when Cowen almost pulled the plug.

As far as the daily regurgitation, I will post as I please. The only way there will be any change is for everyone to continue to voice their displeasure with where Tulane athletics is headed. I know it is a million to one that it will make a difference, but saying nothing will amount to nothing.
I did read your post. Did you read mine? Since FTW was formed, we’ve been told that it is “NOT RUN BY TULANE UNIVERSITY NOR IS IT ALLOWED TO BE.”

If you take that as me calling you a liar, please show me where FTW is run by Tulane. Then, and only then will I believe that the University had anything to do with whatever money Kelly was or was not offered.

If someone from Fear The Wave could clear up this issue (whether or not it is run by the University) I would be grateful. If FTW is not run by the University, you’re making up something to blame Tulane that isn’t their fault. The statement in capital letters and quoted above comes from a post by one of our biggest donors in 2022 when FTW was trying to raise $100K. Just because you keep saying it was Tulane that lowballed Kelly doesn’t make it true. If FTW employees work for Tulane I will say you’re right and I’m wrong. But to my knowledge that is NOT the case.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

FTW doesn't work for Tulane, but Kelly Comrada was offered by Fritz/Houston to officially run their NIL under the school's athletic program and took the position when Tulane offered him a much smaller salary compared to what UH are paying him.
mbissanti
Surge

So, in other words, Tulane offered him a new position, outside of FTW
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbissanti wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:21 am So, in other words, Tulane offered him a new position, outside of FTW
Yes. That is what ark has been trying to convey. This is a new thing that is going on with schools. It was widely discussed on the other site a month ago when it happened. So ark figured everyone knew what he was talking about.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:54 pm Did you not read my post. I know this for a FACT. Harris made an offer that was ridiculous and approved by Fitts. And I don’t like being told I am liar. This is the same shit that happened when Cowen almost pulled the plug.

Who in the shit cares, the University does not need to use resources on NIL, that group is a separate fundraising group. Tulane's focused should always be on facilities. The University would go bankrupt trying to keep up with the haves in money, we don't have a well-funded organization like the Tigers Athletic Club or the one in Houston funded by the billionaire!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:45 am

Who in the shit cares, the University does not need to use resources on NIL, that group is a separate fundraising group. Tulane's focused should always be on facilities. The University would go bankrupt trying to keep up with the haves in money, we don't have a well-funded organization like the Tigers Athletic Club or the one in Houston funded by the billionaire!!!
EVERY TULANE FAN WITH A BRAIN GIVES A SHIT BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE AND THE SCHOOLS WILL BE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING. AS USUAL YOU HAVE NOT A FUCKING CLUE !!!
arkhou02
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:55 am

I did read your post. Did you read mine? Since FTW was formed, we’ve been told that it is “NOT RUN BY TULANE UNIVERSITY NOR IS IT ALLOWED TO BE.”

If you take that as me calling you a liar, please show me where FTW is run by Tulane. Then, and only then will I believe that the University had anything to do with whatever money Kelly was or was not offered.

If someone from Fear The Wave could clear up this issue (whether or not it is run by the University) I would be grateful. If FTW is not run by the University, you’re making up something to blame Tulane that isn’t their fault. The statement in capital letters and quoted above comes from a post by one of our biggest donors in 2022 when FTW was trying to raise $100K. Just because you keep saying it was Tulane that lowballed Kelly doesn’t make it true. If FTW employees work for Tulane I will say you’re right and I’m wrong. But to my knowledge that is NOT the case.
Can’t you understand they were trying to bring NIL in-house. I know the people involved. And FTW is not owned by Tulane. Honestly I don’t care if you believe me or not. I will give you another tidbit to chew on, keep an eye on Mr. Harris.
arkhou02
Surge

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:52 am
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:45 am

EVERY TULANE FAN WITH A BRAIN GIVES A SHIT BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE AND THE SCHOOLS WILL BE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING. AS USUAL YOU HAVE NOT A FUCKING CLUE !!!
Thanks WW
arkhou02
Surge

greenie78 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:25 am FTW doesn't work for Tulane, but Kelly Comrada was offered by Fritz/Houston to officially run their NIL under the school's athletic program and took the position when Tulane offered him a much smaller salary compared to what UH are paying him.
Thanks greenie78
Wave Fan
Low Tide

P4 money Tulane doesn't have at this point.
GifWave
Ripple

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:43 pmI will give you another tidbit to chew on, keep an eye on Mr. Harris.
arkhou02
Surge

Paging Mr. Harris, paging Mr. Harris. If you want donations, you need to be present, you need to communicate, and you need to be transparent.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
arkhou02
Surge

Don’t really need a bubble. We have won without it and don’t need to spend the money.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Agreed we don't need a bubble. Just find it ironic the original title of this thread mentions November '23.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Green Wave

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:59 pm Paging Mr. Harris, paging Mr. Harris. If you want donations, you need to be present, you need to communicate, and you need to be transparent.
Tulane's Cone Of Silence has apparently swallowed him.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:09 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:59 pm Paging Mr. Harris, paging Mr. Harris. If you want donations, you need to be present, you need to communicate, and you need to be transparent.
Tulane's Cone Of Silence has apparently swallowed him.
He is busy getting ready to fly out to Sherman Oaks , Ca for a visit to a parents house with the baseball coach. I am sure that will generate lots of new donations! Not!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Green Wave

arkhou02 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:46 pm Don’t really need a bubble. We have won without it and don’t need to spend the money.
I agree. Just another half-baked, knee jerk, non-strategic decision by Tulane. The same kind of decision that has led to our inefficient use of limited space. The IPF bubble (by November 2023) was the Fitts/Dannen response to our surprise 2022/2023 season and Cotton Bowl win--because they had no strategic plan for athletics.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana