Could an Indoor Practice Facility be coming Nov ‘23? Stay tuned...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2983
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Maybe the next president will be athletics friendly in deeds as well as in talk .


President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14488
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:22 pm 11:00 am Kick off?
Manhattan Kansas, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.
no, 11AM in uptown, where all will cheering with a hangover and the humidity has yet to burn off
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:19 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:17 pm If Tulane can put out updates like the one below, they can and should surely keep the fans up to date on other and bigger facility updates...

But also, that post above is amateur and embarrassing, IMO.
LMAO, looks like something from IKEA
Last edited by arkhou02 on Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:27 am I just don't understand why, when it comes to Tulane Athletics, that there must be so much mystery. The way to keep fans energized and pumped is to make them feel like they are "involved" by keeping us updated. Of course I don't expect a daily email or letter or whatever, but occasional contact from the AD (YOU DAVID HARRIS) would go a long way to "prevent" our usual doomsday thinking........Really, David Harris has been here since Jan 1...so what do we really know. All I remember hearing is the same old company line. Sure, we may be "paranoid" at times but you must really consider that when dealing with Tulane, their demeanor and behavior can and does make you suspicious. Should we be suspicious? Most of the time, probably not but Tulane's track record tends to lead us that way.

As Dr. Phil says:

"The predictor of future behavior is directly related to past behavior. We Tulane fans have been programmed to expect the worse.......

Come on David Harris, please don't fall into the same hole as Dannen and become invisible....
We know he low balled Kelly. And it pissed off our new coach. The Tulane Way
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:10 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:55 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:08 am

You seem to be a “cheerleader” for the school. Should we not be inquisitive as we were originally informed that it was to be ready last November? It’s these types of misdirection by the athletic department that frustrate and get us “thinking!”
I really am at a loss for what you would expect to hear. They said it would be done by August practice. Do you expect them to call a press conference to have the contractor lay out day by day schedule? While I understand your misgivings about past Tulane disappointments, I don't understand what you expect as an "update".
So work backwards on the timeline.

First game is Thursday, August 29th. That would mean game week practice would start by Friday the 23rd.

Fall practice would start at least two full weeks prior, so no later than Monday, August 12th.

Today is Thursday, June 6th. They wont start on this on a Friday or a weekend, so the earliest possible date would be Monday, June 10th.

June 10th to August 12th is 63 days -- 9 weeks.

Given this is New Orleans, with constant rain and thunderstorms in the summer, as well as excessive heat, and the potential for tropical systems, do you REALLY think a 9 week construction timeline to take an IPF from groundbreaking to ready to use is a reasonable timeline?

Think, Engineer. Use your brain. Its not.
From what I am hearing, Space Walk Of New Orleans East will be installing the biggest Space Walk in modern history. Blow up time is estimated at 24 hours provided Tulane has the needed generators on site.
anEngineer
Riptide
Posts: 2934
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Online

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:10 pm So work backwards on the timeline.

First game is Thursday, August 29th. That would mean game week practice would start by Friday the 23rd.

Fall practice would start at least two full weeks prior, so no later than Monday, August 12th.

Today is Thursday, June 6th. They wont start on this on a Friday or a weekend, so the earliest possible date would be Monday, June 10th.

June 10th to August 12th is 63 days -- 9 weeks.

Given this is New Orleans, with constant rain and thunderstorms in the summer, as well as excessive heat, and the potential for tropical systems, do you REALLY think a 9 week construction timeline to take an IPF from groundbreaking to ready to use is a reasonable timeline?

Think, Engineer. Use your brain. Its not.
So how long does it take to build with your apparent expert knowledge? If there is anyone here who knows for a fact, let them speak up. My understanding is that it is only a foundation that needs to be laid and the structure goes up in a matter of a day or two. If you don't know for a fact that the time line can't be met, you should probably not expose your ignorance.
HoustonWave
Green Wave
Posts: 7590
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

If it’s so cheap that it can be built in a day or two—it probably can be blown away in an hour or two.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:19 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:22 pm 11:00 am Kick off?
Manhattan Kansas, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.
no, 11AM in uptown, where all will cheering with a hangover and the humidity has yet to burn off
I am grateful that in my time I experienced the best heat & humidity that New Orleans could hand out. I have never complained about heat & humidity since returning. I will say a little prayer for our friends from Manhattan Kansas.....
Last edited by wave97 on Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:29 am It’’s a good thing that there isn’t progress on the IPF. We need to focus on what really matters as a leading member of the AAC by providing results on the field.
Today we stand a better chance of making it to the 12 team playoff than the vast majority of P4 programs. I can see a 16 team playoff format coming soon. We need to show up & put up everyday. A scaled down practice bubble is not relevant, we have options for practicing under thunder storms, let’s use them and prove that we’re not a one hit wonder.
FYI: Relegation is already being discussed by the P4"s
Then they are late to the party. Relegation or have nots has been around for 10 years. We know what group we are in.
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Why are we even building anything? Doesn’t make sense.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

arkhou02 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:38 pm
We know he low balled Kelly. And it pissed off our new coach. The Tulane Way
Please explain. I have no idea what you are referring to here, who's Kelly and how did it piss off Sumrall?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:43 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:19 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:22 pm 11:00 am Kick off?
Manhattan Kansas, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.
no, 11AM in uptown, where all will cheering with a hangover and the humidity has yet to burn off
I am grateful that in my time I experienced the best heat & humidity that New Orleans could hand out. I have never complained about heat & humidity since returning. I will say a little prayer for our friends from Manhattan Kansas.....
That early in the season the heat and humidity will affect both teams equally. The fans are the ones that won't be adjusted. It's pretty damned hot in Kansas in August and early September. I'll be watching from my living room where the temperature will be 68 degrees.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

arkhou02 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:27 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:29 am It’’s a good thing that there isn’t progress on the IPF. We need to focus on what really matters as a leading member of the AAC by providing results on the field.
Today we stand a better chance of making it to the 12 team playoff than the vast majority of P4 programs. I can see a 16 team playoff format coming soon. We need to show up & put up everyday. A scaled down practice bubble is not relevant, we have options for practicing under thunder storms, let’s use them and prove that we’re not a one hit wonder.
FYI: Relegation is already being discussed by the P4"s
Then they are late to the party. Relegation or have nots has been around for 10 years. We know what group we are in.
What do you think relegation is?
Should we bum-rush an inadequate IPF (which will be used only for intramurals ?)
Last edited by wave97 on Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helenawave
Ripple
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:22 am
Status: Offline

The heat and humidity in Kansas does not compare to South Louisiana. South Florida is not as bad as Louisiana. Kansas players will be cramping midway in the 3rd quarter
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:49 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:43 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:19 pm
no, 11AM in uptown, where all will cheering with a hangover and the humidity has yet to burn off
I am grateful that in my time I experienced the best heat & humidity that New Orleans could hand out. I have never complained about heat & humidity since returning. I will say a little prayer for our friends from Manhattan Kansas.....
That early in the season the heat and humidity will affect both teams equally. The fans are the ones that won't be adjusted. It's pretty damned hot in Kansas in August and early September. I'll be watching from my living room where the temperature will be 68 degrees.
We sweat. We’re water cooled. Very little evaporation going on at 90% humidity. Looking forward to the boys from the relatively “dry” heat of the Plain States adapting over-night.
Up tempo! Shove it down their throats.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14488
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Helenawave wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:43 pm The heat and humidity in Kansas does not compare to South Louisiana. South Florida is not as bad as Louisiana. Kansas players will be cramping midway in the 3rd quarter
UConn vs FSU in Tallhassee....two U Conn catchers suffered heat exhaustion today ... I think both went to the hospital for observation and hydration
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

wave97 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:01 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:49 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:43 pm
I am grateful that in my time I experienced the best heat & humidity that New Orleans could hand out. I have never complained about heat & humidity since returning. I will say a little prayer for our friends from Manhattan Kansas.....
That early in the season the heat and humidity will affect both teams equally. The fans are the ones that won't be adjusted. It's pretty damned hot in Kansas in August and early September. I'll be watching from my living room where the temperature will be 68 degrees.
We sweat. We’re water cooled. Very little evaporation going on at 90% humidity. Looking forward to the boys from the relatively “dry” heat of the Plain States adapting over-night.
Up tempo! Shove it down their throats.

Speak for yourself I am a 69-year-old fan running a 5K Race before going to Yulman for the game!!! Fans have to be responsible for their own conditioning!!! I remember a hot early Sept, game in Hattiesburg, had water in the stands. Hot but fun!!!
Citypark
Ripple
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am
Status: Offline

ATTENTION ladies and gentlemen:

David Harris, please call the Green Wave athletics department office!!!
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:43 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:38 pm
We know he low balled Kelly. And it pissed off our new coach. The Tulane Way
Please explain. I have no idea what you are referring to here, who's Kelly and how did it piss off Sumrall?
I know you must have seen where the most important person running NIL was offered peanuts by Tulane for a full time position and Fritz went in a scooped him up for Houston. Sumrall wanted Kelly badly for the position. The way it all went down pissed our new coach off as it should. Kelly was involved in so many negotiations to get players the past two years. And he negotiated many of the deals after Sumrall was hired. Sumrall and Kelly were on the same page about everything. Another Tulane fuck up.
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

wave97 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:36 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:27 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:29 am It’’s a good thing that there isn’t progress on the IPF. We need to focus on what really matters as a leading member of the AAC by providing results on the field.
Today we stand a better chance of making it to the 12 team playoff than the vast majority of P4 programs. I can see a 16 team playoff format coming soon. We need to show up & put up everyday. A scaled down practice bubble is not relevant, we have options for practicing under thunder storms, let’s use them and prove that we’re not a one hit wonder.
FYI: Relegation is already being discussed by the P4"s
Then they are late to the party. Relegation or have nots has been around for 10 years. We know what group we are in.
What do you think relegation is?
Should we bum-rush an inadequate IPF (which will be used only for intramurals ?)
I wouldn’t build anymore athletic facilities. We are too later to join the party. Why waste money at this point.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

arkhou02 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:37 am
DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:43 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:38 pm
We know he low balled Kelly. And it pissed off our new coach. The Tulane Way
Please explain. I have no idea what you are referring to here, who's Kelly and how did it piss off Sumrall?
I know you must have seen where the most important person running NIL was offered peanuts by Tulane for a full time position and Fritz went in a scooped him up for Houston. Sumrall wanted Kelly badly for the position. The way it all went down pissed our new coach off as it should. Kelly was involved in so many negotiations to get players the past two years. And he negotiated many of the deals after Sumrall was hired. Sumrall and Kelly were on the same page about everything. Another Tulane fuck up.
Except the NIL is not run by Tulane. Fear the Wave is autonomous and the Tulane Athletics Department doesn't make hiring/firing decisions to my knowledge. Nor do they pay their salaries. I'm not even sure it's the leadership takes a salary. Someone with more inside knowledge can shed light, I'm sure.

Arkhou, I know you are disappointed in where Tulane is and apparently where we're headed. I feel the same disappointment and frustration and am less optimistic than most posters on this forum about how high on the list of programs that might make the cut, or our University's desire to play with the "haves". But you are looking for ways to blame Tulane that aren't there. There's plenty to complain about without needing to create things to bitch and moan about. And "Only at Tulane" doesn't apply to taking the cheaper alternative, as just about every D1 athletics department operates at a 7 or 8 figure deficit and is looking for ways to save money. Hell, West Virginia's baseball coach took a bus to Chapel Hill for their first SuperRegional in a very long time because their charter only had 30 seats. Only at Tulane? I think not, and it's not limited to the G5's.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25566
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

D- Schools are starting to create positions within the athletic department to coordinate with their NIL collectives. Houston offered Kelly ( his last name is Comarda and he pitched for Tulane) such a position. He wanted to continue in that same capacity for Tulane. Tulane offered peanuts and so he went to Houston.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Green Wave
Posts: 7590
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Citypark wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:59 pm ATTENTION ladies and gentlemen:

David Harris, please call the Green Wave athletics department office!!!
Is Harris AWOL? Or has he not yet moved to N.O.? I sure hope he’s not cut from the same UNI cloth that Dannen was, and will be gone 80% of the time.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 3323
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:35 am
Citypark wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:59 pm ATTENTION ladies and gentlemen:

David Harris, please call the Green Wave athletics department office!!!
Is Harris AWOL? Or has he not yet moved to N.O.? I sure hope he’s not cut from the same UNI cloth that Dannen was, and will be gone 80% of the time.
He will tow the Gibson Hall line and has probably already has seen the handicaps he is going to work under. I am just thinking Sumrall has seen the same longstanding dysfunction. Its so easy to get fed up with the Tulane administration.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Green Wave
Posts: 7590
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:43 am
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:35 am
Citypark wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:59 pm ATTENTION ladies and gentlemen:

David Harris, please call the Green Wave athletics department office!!!
Is Harris AWOL? Or has he not yet moved to N.O.? I sure hope he’s not cut from the same UNI cloth that Dannen was, and will be gone 80% of the time.
He will tow the Gibson Hall line and has probably already has seen the handicaps he is going to work under. I am just thinking Sumrall has seen the same longstanding dysfunction. Its so easy to get fed up with the Tulane administration.
So true. As soon as we hire a coach or AD, Gibson Hall almost immediately gives them a reason to start looking for their next gig. I guess Brian White decided to forego the formalities and just bypass Stepping Stone U.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Post Reply