Could an Indoor Practice Facility be coming Nov ‘23? Stay tuned...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:08 am
anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:03 am
TURVS71 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:18 pm Would it hurt for Tulane to give the fans some sort of an update on the IPF? What’s the big secret? Lack of information is when rumors start.
What would you expect to hear? They said it will start after graduation and be ready by August Fall practice. Graduation happened 2 weeks ago. I also wish it were already there, but until that time frame passes, we really can't complain about something that hasn't passed yet.
You seem to be a “cheerleader” for the school. Should we not be inquisitive as we were originally informed that it was to be ready last November? It’s these types of misdirection by the athletic department that frustrate and get us “thinking!”
I really am at a loss for what you would expect to hear. They said it would be done by August practice. Do you expect them to call a press conference to have the contractor lay out day by day schedule? While I understand your misgivings about past Tulane disappointments, I don't understand what you expect as an "update".

NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:55 pm I really am at a loss for what you would expect to hear. They said it would be done by August practice. Do you expect them to call a press conference to have the contractor lay out day by day schedule? While I understand your misgivings about past Tulane disappointments, I don't understand what you expect as an "update".
If Tulane can put out updates like the one below, they can and should surely keep the fans up to date on other and bigger facility updates...

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:17 pm If Tulane can put out updates like the one below, they can and should surely keep the fans up to date on other and bigger facility updates...

But also, that post above is amateur and embarrassing, IMO.
Roll Wave!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Cowen's Cone of Silence reappearing ; not a good sign for the future of our athletic department .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
TURVS71
Swell

3:30 PM, January 2, 2023..

Probably the greatest day in the 131
years of Tulane Football and the Administration has done very little to capitalize on this historic time. Yes, I would like for the Athletic Dept. to keep the fans updated and charged up. I couldn’t give a hardy crap about a lunch counter, microwave or whatever…Yes, that “report” is laughable.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:29 pm
What is that "headstone plaque" looking thing, does it read, "Here lies Tulane Stadium"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:48 pm
What is that "headstone plaque" looking thing, does it read, "Here lies Tulane Stadium"
You are so interestingly cheesy and super aged. I bet you tried to fight getting a smartphone for years.
arkhou02
Surge

Bigschtick wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:59 pm Lots of vey amusing comments if it really was not funny that Tulane does not come thru once again! Except for this engineer guy, many of us
are fast losing hope that the Admin really cared about athletics!
The administration has never been engaged. If I were Tulane at this point, I would not build one athletic facility. Reason, it is too late. It won’t mean shit in 2-3 years. Let them keep their money, and make sure you keep yours.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:08 pm
You are so interestingly cheesy and super aged. I bet you tried to fight getting a smartphone for years.
ya rite, my ole flip phone works very well, it places calls, when somone inputs my number into their communication device it "rings" to allow me the opportunity to make a decision to activate my device if I wish to communicate with them..... now, I will ask again, what is inscribed on the Headstone / Plaque....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

A very simple “groundbreaking for the indoor practice and intramural bubble will take place on June 6th without ceremony.” It can even be on the official website of Tulane Athletics or one of their social media accounts. But yes, when silence is this loud, a fan base that’s been lied to and watched the Cotton Bowl Dividend disappear will make noise.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

If it doesn't happen, we've all got a very legitimate complaint. I just don't see how there can be complaints about something that is not supposed to have happened yet.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golf the only thing I lnow that is on that field is a plaque on the ground from where Tom Dempsey kicked his record breaking 63 yard field goal to beat the Lions. I was there with my mom whose company gave her their tickets for that game as they had given up on the team. Just incredible experience.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:19 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:17 pm If Tulane can put out updates like the one below, they can and should surely keep the fans up to date on other and bigger facility updates...

But also, that post above is amateur and embarrassing, IMO.
It really is embarrassing. Almost like a parody
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:44 pm
golf the only thing I lnow that is on that field is a plaque on the ground from where Tom Dempsey kicked his record breaking 63 yard field goal to beat the Lions. I was there with my mom whose company gave her their tickets for that game as they had given up on the team. Just incredible experience.
Thank U... I bet most present day students never realized that Tulane had a stadium on that site, the Rielly center is basiaclly where the north end zone seats were located, and those seats are now part of the Independence Bowl in Shreveport
TerryD101
Low Tide

Does LSWho, Bama or Ohio State have a new fountain drink machine? No! I just hope it's that new fancy one with all the drink options. This is what will get us 5* recruits.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even by Tulane athletics standards that was an embarrassing promo.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:08 am It really is embarrassing. Almost like a parody
That was my first thought when I saw it. Honestly, I still feel like that was a jab post.
Roll Wave!
TURVS71
Swell

I just don't understand why, when it comes to Tulane Athletics, that there must be so much mystery. The way to keep fans energized and pumped is to make them feel like they are "involved" by keeping us updated. Of course I don't expect a daily email or letter or whatever, but occasional contact from the AD (YOU DAVID HARRIS) would go a long way to "prevent" our usual doomsday thinking........Really, David Harris has been here since Jan 1...so what do we really know. All I remember hearing is the same old company line. Sure, we may be "paranoid" at times but you must really consider that when dealing with Tulane, their demeanor and behavior can and does make you suspicious. Should we be suspicious? Most of the time, probably not but Tulane's track record tends to lead us that way.

As Dr. Phil says:

"The predictor of future behavior is directly related to past behavior. We Tulane fans have been programmed to expect the worse.......

Come on David Harris, please don't fall into the same hole as Dannen and become invisible....
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
wave97
Swell

It’’s a good thing that there isn’t progress on the IPF. We need to focus on what really matters as a leading member of the AAC by providing results on the field.
Today we stand a better chance of making it to the 12 team playoff than the vast majority of P4 programs. I can see a 16 team playoff format coming soon. We need to show up & put up everyday. A scaled down practice bubble is not relevant, we have options for practicing under thunder storms, let’s use them and prove that we’re not a one hit wonder.
FYI: Relegation is already being discussed by the P4"s
Last edited by wave97 on Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HoustonWave
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:27 am I just don't understand why, when it comes to Tulane Athletics, that there must be so much mystery. The way to keep fans energized and pumped is to make them feel like they are "involved" by keeping us updated. Of course I don't expect a daily email or letter or whatever, but occasional contact from the AD (YOU DAVID HARRIS) would go a long way to "prevent" our usual doomsday thinking........Really, David Harris has been here since Jan 1...so what do we really know. All I remember hearing is the same old company line. Sure, we may be "paranoid" at times but you must really consider that when dealing with Tulane, their demeanor and behavior can and does make you suspicious. Should we be suspicious? Most of the time, probably not but Tulane's track record tends to lead us that way.

As Dr. Phil says:

"The predictor of future behavior is directly related to past behavior. We Tulane fans have been programmed to expect the worse.......

Come on David Harris, please don't fall into the same hole as Dannen and become invisible....
The “mystery” stems from their never ending need to reconcile the athletic illusions they create with the fact that nothing is really happening. When the new commons and dorms were built there were frequent updates, because those were real major projects. Athletics only have new soda fountains so far.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:43 pm 3:30 PM, January 2, 2023..

years of Tulane Football and the Administration has done very little to capitalize on this historic time. Yes, I would like for the Athletic Dept. to keep the fans updated and charged up. I couldn’t give a hardy crap about a lunch counter, microwave or whatever…Yes, that “report” is laughable.
The 2022/2023 football season, and especially the Cotton Bowl win. caught Dannen and Gibson Hall completely off guard. They had nothing in the works to accelerate from the Cotton Bowl win. Dannen used it to breathe new life into his dead job search and Gibson Hall didn’t know what to do. The outside world, specifically UW and UH capitalized on it faster than Gibson Hall—which still hasn’t.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:01 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:43 pm 3:30 PM, January 2, 2023..

The 2022/2023 football season, and especially the Cotton Bowl win. caught Dannen and Gibson Hall completely off guard. They had nothing in the works to accelerate from the Cotton Bowl win. Dannen used it to breathe new life into his dead job search and Gibson Hall didn’t know what to do. The outside world, specifically UW and UH capitalized on it faster than Gibson Hall—which still hasn’t.
Interesting and perhaps very accurate take On Gibson Hall which has been shooting itself in the foot as long as I can remember! One just eventually comes to the conclusion that we have a bunch of clueless morons in charge! The President talks about loving athletics but I think he is much more concerned about making sure Tulane remains as Woke as possible! Apparently, thats more important than our academic rating.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:55 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:08 am
anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:03 am

What would you expect to hear? They said it will start after graduation and be ready by August Fall practice. Graduation happened 2 weeks ago. I also wish it were already there, but until that time frame passes, we really can't complain about something that hasn't passed yet.
You seem to be a “cheerleader” for the school. Should we not be inquisitive as we were originally informed that it was to be ready last November? It’s these types of misdirection by the athletic department that frustrate and get us “thinking!”
I really am at a loss for what you would expect to hear. They said it would be done by August practice. Do you expect them to call a press conference to have the contractor lay out day by day schedule? While I understand your misgivings about past Tulane disappointments, I don't understand what you expect as an "update".
So work backwards on the timeline.

First game is Thursday, August 29th. That would mean game week practice would start by Friday the 23rd.

Fall practice would start at least two full weeks prior, so no later than Monday, August 12th.

Today is Thursday, June 6th. They wont start on this on a Friday or a weekend, so the earliest possible date would be Monday, June 10th.

June 10th to August 12th is 63 days -- 9 weeks.

Given this is New Orleans, with constant rain and thunderstorms in the summer, as well as excessive heat, and the potential for tropical systems, do you REALLY think a 9 week construction timeline to take an IPF from groundbreaking to ready to use is a reasonable timeline?

Think, Engineer. Use your brain. Its not.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

11:00 am Kick off?
Manhattan Kansas, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.