Could an Indoor Practice Facility be coming Nov ‘23? Stay tuned...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:59 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:56 am
tufinal4 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:46 pm I don't know the accuracy of this, but have heard a few times in the last year that President Fitts may not be around all that much longer, that he's been in the role awhile & his wife hates it here etc. If not accurate then this is moot.

If accurate, then the first key step is to replace him with a top candidate from a P4 prominent academic university. Someone who understands and strongly supports the value of major college athletics and the investment to get there, and would have no problem battling & defeating the bureaucracy & faculty who so steadfastly oppose & undermine it.

This is necessary before anything else, leadership that is driven to get it done. Once you have that, sit back & enjoy everything positive after that.
Excellent post!! There needs to be a huge purge of any faculty or administrators who continue to undermine or publicly complain about a major athletic program at Tulane. What have such academic leaches done for Tulane over the past 25 years?
And who will do this purge!!!
The President, Provost and Deans. And if any Deans can't, get a new Dean. Either they believe in the value of a successful athletic program, or they don't. If they do, then purge those who don't.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Forever TU
Surge

Per the latest episode of the current, the IPF is still coming. Some needed components for construction are delayed and so the facility will be finished mid fall.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:54 am Per the latest episode of the current, the IPF is still coming. Some needed components for construction are delayed and so the facility will be finished mid fall.
Why are we hearing this from you when we should be hearing this from the Athletic Director and the university ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Forever TU wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:54 am Per the latest episode of the current, the IPF is still coming. Some needed components for construction are delayed and so the facility will be finished mid fall.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
TURVS71
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:07 am
Again, NOTHING!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Forever TU
Surge

TURVS71 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:21 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:07 am
Again, NOTHING!!
It’s not nothing. It’s communication.

arkhou02
Surge

Another half ass facility
TURVS71
Swell

Interesting that we get a response from Harris as soon as we start “questioning” whats going on. They DO pay attention to us here!
arkhou02
Surge

Let’s hope someone over there is paying half attention
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

1. They definitely pay attention to the site and social media.
2. The reasoning to me is super suspect. But, that's Tulane over the years that's made me feel that way.
Roll Wave!
Greeniegb
Swell

Nicholls state just put a cover over their practice field looks better than a bubble. Way cheaper maybe a couple of roof fans to create good air flow. How big is our practice field???
anEngineer
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:02 am Image

Nicholls state just put a cover over their practice field looks better than a bubble. Way cheaper maybe a couple of roof fans to create good air flow. How big is our practice field???

I'd like to see your numbers that led you to say it's "way cheaper". First of all, the primary cost of the bubble is the foundation work that needs to be done to support it. The structure you cite would require foundation work as well and they may be both about the same.

As for the structure, I don't have numbers, but a pre-fab all in one bubble probably has cheaper costs to actually put it up. As for hurricanes, an open air structure where the wind can get under it, is certainly less secure than a structure that can be totally deflated. Just because something may look cheaper, doesn't make it so. Again, what are you basing your claim on?
TURVS71
Swell

Is A/C a priority?
Helenawave
Ripple

Must be for working on rushing attack because you’re not gonna throw deep passes in it. Tulane is not tearing down Turchin for space. Between the Saints, superdome and a bubble Tulane has all it needs for now. The bubble will be air conditioned. You can work in the heat for a couple days to keep your players prepared for it then swap to the bubble to keep them fresh for a game. For now we have what we need. Establish the program and donors will come. Two more good years will change things.
austxwave
High Tide

that looks like something where you'd host a huge crawfish boil, not a football practice.
Greeniegb
Swell

austxwave wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:31 am

that looks like something where you'd host a huge crawfish boil, not a football practice.

Be negative all you guys want that facility is funded by and hosts the Manning Passing Academy, if it's good for the Mannings its good enough for me with some modifications, maybe total enclosing and air conditioning. Once the framework is in place the rest is easy to do which I am sure this will not be their finished product. More than we have after seeing Rice's parking lot bubble I rather nothing that that large ballon!!!

arkhou02
Surge

Why do you use CAPS?
arkhou02
Surge

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:43 pm

Be negative all you guys want that facility is funded by and hosts the Manning Passing Academy, if it's good for the Mannings its good enough for me with some modifications, maybe total enclosing and air conditioning. Once the framework is in place the rest is easy to do which I am sure this will not be their finished product. More than we have after seeing Rice's parking lot bubble I rather nothing that that large ballon!!!

Again, why do you always write in bold caps?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:26 am

Be negative all you guys want that facility is funded by and hosts the Manning Passing Academy, if it's good for the Mannings its good enough for me with some modifications, maybe total enclosing and air conditioning. Once the framework is in place the rest is easy to do which I am sure this will not be their finished product. More than we have after seeing Rice's parking lot bubble I rather nothing that that large ballon!!![/b

If Rice would have used an inflatable with a netural color instead of that large "R" and blue and white color combo I think it would have looked prettty good... UT has an inflatable, with a "netural" color and it looks much more "classy"
https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/2 ... 0724133511
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:03 am Another half ass facility
100%
We are shoe horning an inflatable “IPF” into a tiny space. If this is what it takes to check off a facilities requirement for some future conference, then have at it.
If we have a prolonged period of inclement weather, we’ll be riding buses to the Saints facility.
An adequate structure for intramural sports will be on the way….
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:57 am

Be negative all you guys want that facility is funded by and hosts the Manning Passing Academy, if it's good for the Mannings its good enough for me with some modifications, maybe total enclosing and air conditioning. Once the framework is in place the rest is easy to do which I am sure this will not be their finished product. More than we have after seeing Rice's parking lot bubble I rather nothing that that large ballon!!![/b

If Rice would have used an inflatable with a netural color instead of that large "R" and blue and white color combo I think it would have looked prettty good... UT has an inflatable, with a "netural" color and it looks much more "classy"

Apples and oranges Texas bubble shows it's fixed with the bricking around it I am sure it adds greatly to the cost but that is not what we will have, just a bubble nothing else!!!! In addition check the stitching and the more consistent shape obviously Rice's Bubble is not in the same ballpark as Texas!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:56 am

Apples and oranges Texas bubble shows it's fixed with the bricking around it I am sure it adds greatly to the cost but that is not what we will have, just a bubble nothing else!!!!
The brick wall at the UT facility was just installed a few years ago, prior it had no wall, just a chain link fence with zero landscapping...I-35, in that portion of Austin is elevated, and the IPF sits not far from the edge of the overhead interstate...am I happy with an undersied IPF, no way, I am all for doming Yulman....U would not really need a "full dome" jjust a roof extending to the rear of the seating areas and left open, very much like the original Cowboys stadium in Irving Texas which was not heated or air conditioned but had ventilation fans
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
AugWave
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:51 pm Why do you use CAPS?
GOTTA GET THAT POINT ACROSS, BRO! PLUS IT MAKES IT TRUE!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

AugWave wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:36 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:51 pm Why do you use CAPS?
GOTTA GET THAT POINT ACROSS, BRO! PLUS IT MAKES IT TRUE!
YOU FORGOT TO BOLD. MAKES IT EVEN MORE BELIEVABLE.
Roll Wave!
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:07 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:56 am
Apples and oranges Texas bubble shows it's fixed with the bricking around it I am sure it adds greatly to the cost but that is not what we will have, just a bubble nothing else!!!!
The brick wall at the UT facility was just installed a few years ago, prior it had no wall, just a chain link fence with zero landscapping...I-35, in that portion of Austin is elevated, and the IPF sits not far from the edge of the overhead interstate...am I happy with an undersied IPF, no way, I am all for doming Yulman....U would not really need a "full dome" jjust a roof extending to the rear of the seating areas and left open, very much like the original Cowboys stadium in Irving Texas which was not heated or air conditioned but had ventilation fans
Yes with our space limits that would be the way to go, or like Syracuse Dome!!! Long term we still need to regain Brown field area back into the Athletic Department domain!!!