Site issue

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I've gotten logged out 6x now in last 6 minutes.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

Happened to me 2x today trying to write back to DCcT. May his friend Mark truly rest in peace and find his reward.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

what happens if I scroll to the bottom of the site and use the "delete cookies" option..an I automatically banned ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:38 am what happens if I scroll to the bottom of the site and use the "delete cookies" option..an I automatically banned ?
  1. If you use your browser to 'automatically log you in upon each visit', the setting will be lost.
  2. All the chocolate chip stuff in the kitchen will disappear
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:00 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:38 am what happens if I scroll to the bottom of the site and use the "delete cookies" option..an I automatically banned ?
  1. If you use your browser to 'automatically log you in upon each visit', the setting will be lost.
  2. All the chocolate chip stuff in the kitchen will disappear
thank U ...now, if I can only remember my pasword !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It started a couple of days ago, but it's getting ridiculous. Whenever I navigate to a new page on the site, I have to close out of a 3/4 to 7/8ths of the page ad. And the ad is still there after I close it, it's just smaller and I'm able to scroll down to the content. But initially EVERY time I load a page the monster sized ad prevents me from seeing content until I close the ad.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:48 am It started a couple of days ago, but it's getting ridiculous. Whenever I navigate to a new page on the site, I have to close out of a 3/4 to 7/8ths of the page ad. And the ad is still there after I close it, it's just smaller and I'm able to scroll down to the content. But initially EVERY time I load a page the monster sized ad prevents me from seeing content until I close the ad.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Sometimes bad ads do slip through and make their way to the providers. All I can suggest is clearing cookies and your cache, closing and re-opening the browser and see what happens. What about other browsers? Mobile vs. desktop?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:48 am It started a couple of days ago, but it's getting ridiculous. Whenever I navigate to a new page on the site, I have to close out of a 3/4 to 7/8ths of the page ad. And the ad is still there after I close it, it's just smaller and I'm able to scroll down to the content. But initially EVERY time I load a page the monster sized ad prevents me from seeing content until I close the ad.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Sometimes bad ads do slip through and make their way to the providers. All I can suggest is clearing cookies and your cache, closing and re-opening the browser and see what happens. What about other browsers? Mobile vs. desktop?
Steve, you and your fellow mods/board operators have NOTHING to apologize for. This isn't a big deal.

I've only had this on Chrome, which is what I use for my laptop. I very rarely, if ever, use my phone to access the site. To small and I hate that little keyboard (says an old man!)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

if it keeps up, let me know and I can try reaching out to the ad provider.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)