Why can't we play schools like this?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Man, we need to start filling our non-conference schedule with teams other than SELA. Do you realize Purdue lost to Rice today, and Minnesota lost to New Mexico State, at home? And Indiana has only had one winning season in the last 15 years. I'd much rather see Purdue and Illinois than Marshall and UTEP. Although Marshall DID beat Southern Mississippi today. Go figure.

And if we lose to Memphis we're in real trouble. They're down 30-3 to Arkansas State at halftime.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

There are some very beatable Big 10 schools out there that would bring more people than SLU and would actually be big wins for this program. Unfortunately from what I saw today I think Memphis is the only team we can beat on the schedule.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:There are some very beatable Big 10 schools out there that would bring more people than SLU and would actually be big wins for this program. Unfortunately from what I saw today I think Memphis is the only team we can beat on the schedule.
Not even UTEP? They had to go OT to beat Stony Brook last week, and lost to SMU today.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

Honestly, I seriously doubt any team on the rest of the schedule stuffs our offense like Tulsa did.
Hawaii, Houston and probably ECU and SMU have too much for us.

That leaves Army, Duke, UAB, Memphis, UTEP, Rice, Syracuse that we should be able to compete with. Can we win 6 of those 7? doubtful. Maybe 4, which gets us to 5-8. (we're better than Memphis and UTEP, not as good as Rice, Syracuse and Army and about even with Duke and UAB).