First Time Poster...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I am glad I found this forum a couple of days ago. I am sick and tired of my posts on yogwf being edited and deleted. I hope this forum protects first amendment rights.

For starters, I wanted Todedo fired last December! It was a huge mistake giving him a fifth year. Now, the number problem with Tulane athletics is Rick Dickson. He must be replaced and soon! I am sick and tired of this cr@p Tulane Football and the same thing every year. I hope Scott Cowen is too. We need a new AD and then let him hire a Football Coach and work on improving Tulane's position for conference realignment.

Also, I am less than thrilled with Conroy too. He does not know how to recruit basketball players. I give him this year and next to show something or else get rid of him too.

RobertM320
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:I am glad I found this forum a couple of days ago. I am sick and tired of my posts on yogwf being edited and deleted. I hope this forum protects first amendment rights.

For starters, I wanted Todedo fired last December! It was a huge mistake giving him a fifth year. Now, the number problem with Tulane athletics is Rick Dickson. He must be replaced and soon! I am sick and tired of this cr@p Tulane Football and the same thing every year. I hope Scott Cowen is too. We need a new AD and then let him hire a Football Coach and work on improving Tulane's position for conference realignment.

Also, I am less than thrilled with Conroy too. He does not know how to recruit basketball players. I give him this year and next to show something or else get rid of him too.

JerseyWave, your opinions will be valued here, not snuffed out like other places. You'll be allowed to speak your piece, whether people agree with you or not. Yes, Dickson needs to go. However, Scott Cowen has Dickson indoctrinated to the "Tulane Model", so don't expect anything to change, unless we demand it ourselves.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

Since last December several Tulane students have called me on behalf of TAF and I tell them the same thing everytime. I will give no money until Tulane gets a new AD and Head Football Coach!
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Welcome JerseyWave! Of course, anything goes over here. If you think it, post it. Tell others too and spread the word.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
sader24
Tsunami

Dickson is terrible in virtually every aspect of his job. Cowen is a complete buffoon. I don't see how anyone is going to be able to recruit in basketball at Tulane with the horsesh*t facility we play in. Why we built a practice facility before dealing with Fogleman is something I've never been able to understand. It seems crazy to me, but others seem to think its a great idea so I try not to jump in on the issue.
Bigschtick
Riptide

sader24 wrote:Dickson is terrible in virtually every aspect of his job. Cowen is a complete buffoon. I don't see how anyone is going to be able to recruit in basketball at Tulane with the horsesh*t facility we play in. Why we built a practice facility before dealing with Fogleman is something I've never been able to understand. It seems crazy to me, but others seem to think its a great idea so I try not to jump in on the issue.

These two are destroying Tulane athletics but does the average student care? I think not. As to the practice facility before a new Fogelman, I agree. Seems half ass backwards but pretty much in the Tulane "Mold"
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:Welcome JerseyWave! Of course, anything goes over here. If you think it, post it. Tell others too and spread the word.

Yes welcome. Steve has a site that benefits us all.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote:
sader24 wrote:Dickson is terrible in virtually every aspect of his job. Cowen is a complete buffoon. I don't see how anyone is going to be able to recruit in basketball at Tulane with the horsesh*t facility we play in. Why we built a practice facility before dealing with Fogleman is something I've never been able to understand. It seems crazy to me, but others seem to think its a great idea so I try not to jump in on the issue.

These two are destroying Tulane athletics but does the average student care? I think not. As to the practice facility before a new Fogelman, I agree. Seems half ass backwards but pretty much in the Tulane "Mold"
I think the only reason the average student doesn't care is because we lose. If we were winning, we'd have better attendance at football, and Fogelman would be packed. Students haven't changed from when I was in school 30 years ago. If there's a fun environment and beer to be had -- we're all in. Without the winning, its not a fun environment.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

Students came out when Bowden was here because he made a strong effort to get them involved and fired up, and we won. There were several games with 4,000+ students at the game. Rarely fewer than 2,000. That section across from the Tulane bench was often 4 sections filled to the top. Win and everything will change.
JDTulane
Riptide

I find it hard to believe 4k students showed up. Even 2k would be mind blowing to me. I'd be thrilled with 1k. Considering our undergrad is about 6k you're trying to tell me 2/3rds came ?!

PICS! OR IT NEVER HAPPENED! :x :mrgreen: