Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
WeWave2
Ripple

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:27 am
Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:49 am Incarnate Word defeats TAMU-Commerce 35 to 7, but Lindsey throws 2 picks; Heisman hopes now imperiled ! :lol:
Heisman hopes 😂😂
The Walter Payton Award is very much in play. He has fierce comp from two other QBs. Having your name mentioned for either these awards must feel pretty good. Kid played well yesterday, although 1 of those pics was a head scratcher (while leading 28-7).

384 yds (81 rush) 2 tds 2 ints in a 35-7 win.

Season
3080+ yd pass 39 tds (#1 in nation) 4 ints

I love to see Louisiana guys have success. It would be nice to have one of our guys get Heisman buzz. I guess I'll have to "settle" for our 7-1 record

Wave755
Tsunami

WeWave2 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:44 am
Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:49 am Incarnate Word defeats TAMU-Commerce 35 to 7, but Lindsey throws 2 picks; Heisman hopes now imperiled ! :lol:
Heisman hopes 😂😂
The Walter Payton Award is very much in play. He has fierce comp from two other QBs. Having your name mentioned for either these awards must feel pretty good. Kid played well yesterday, although 1 of those pics was a head scratcher (while leading 28-7).

Season

I love to see Louisiana guys have success. It would be nice to have one of our guys get Heisman buzz. I guess I'll have to "settle" for our 7-1 record
That is the FCS Payton 🥈 award. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Payton_Award Lindsey jacked us over, off and on, for nearly 5 years; F-him. And, I still think he should have gone to Harvard. And, about right now maybe Lindsey wishes he had said yes to the Wave, but Pratt is our guy & Horton is the future.👍🏻😎
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:57 am
WeWave2 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:44 am

Heisman hopes 😂😂

Season

That is the FCS Payton 🥈 award. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Payton_Award Lindsey jacked us over, off and on, for nearly 5 years; F-him. And, I still think he should have gone to Harvard. And, about right now maybe Lindsey wishes he had said yes to the Wave, but Pratt is our guy & Horton is the future.👍🏻😎
Pratt is our guy. But just as Pratt chose Tulane over schools, guys make decisions about their own lives (as they should). We miss on lots of guys. That's the nature of recruiting. You and I chose Tulane, I'm sure over other schools. Life is tough. Sports is tough. We should have no hard feelings over a kid who decided to go else where. I wish him cont'd success, cause he has cost me absolutely nothing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Big article in the Athletic. He’s now 24. Started college in 2016 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

https://theathletic.com/3903247/2022/11 ... ed_article
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
WeWave2
Ripple

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:47 am Big article in the Athletic. He’s now 24. Started college in 2016 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

https://theathletic.com/3903247/2022/11 ... ed_article
Nothing interesting about that.

Stetson Bennet - Georgia is 25
Hendon Hooker - Tennessee - 24yrs 11 mos
North Texas QB 29 yrs old
Avg age of the 2022 draft class was 24.1
Wave755
Tsunami

The "Saga of Lindsey Scott" continues after Incarnate Word's big FCS Playoff win on Friday 66 to 63 over Sacramento State. Next, onward to North Dakota State! https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 008f42f568

And football fans, will Lindsey ever graduate or run out of eligibility for college football? 🤔 And, even though heartbroken over not winning The Heisman last night,😢 the tale, epic, legend and myth of Lindsey Scott carries on!!! 😄

So Lindsey fans, 7 years and counting, stay tuned for next week's show!!! 🧒🏿
Show Me
Tsunami

He’s playing now on ESPN2. up 16-3
Just tuned in his first play I saw he fumbled inside the 5 and lost it. The second play he threw an INT.
Show Me
Tsunami

Lindsey’s final pass as a collegiate player ends withan INT. They lose 35-32
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: North Dakota State 35, Incarnate Word 32.

Lindsey throws “jump ball” 🏈 interception with about a minute left to seal N. Dakota St. victory.
And, after 7 years the “Saga of Lindsey Scott” for college football is now at an end.😢

And, I still think he should have gone to Harvard!😂
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:38 pm Final: North Dakota State 35, Incarnate Word 32.

Lindsey throws “jump ball” 🏈 interception with about a minute left to seal N. Dakota St. victory.
And, after 7 years the “Saga of Lindsey Scott” for college football is now at an end.😢

And, I still think he should have gone to Harvard!😂
I fell sleep this eve. Just finished watching the replay of this game. What a great game freaking game!! UIW refused to kick field goals and it came back to bite them. Scott ended on a sour note, but he was that dude!!!

Per one writer:

INSANE!!

Tonight
360+ yds of offense, 3 TDs 2 ints

71 TDs in a season is the most by any player in NCAA history. This guy is a millionaire, no matter what his degree says. Let's be real, there are Harvard (and Tulane) guys that make 200k a year. And there are McNeese guys that make 2mill a year. Some many things about this guy just says success! It's just in him. Looks like he's done it his way. I respect that. The Walter Payton award is likely the next trophy on his shelf.

I'm going back to sleep. I've spent too much time posting about a kid that doesn't know I exist 😂😂😂
anEngineer
Riptide

He could have been a star here and gotten more overall notoriety if he had come here from the beginning. Maybe he enjoyed traveling.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:07 am He could have been a star here and gotten more overall notoriety if he had come here from the beginning. Maybe he enjoyed traveling.
Yep, Lindsey 🤡 was a “travelin’ man,” to say the least. An itinerant football wanderer, & everywhere and anywhere but Tulane.🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:37 am
anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:07 am He could have been a star here and gotten more overall notoriety if he had come here from the beginning. Maybe he enjoyed traveling.
Yep, Lindsey 🤡 was a “travelin’ man,” to say the least. An itinerant football wanderer, & everywhere and anywhere but Tulane.🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳
I think it's about timing. Based on our roster and system at the time, there is a good chance that his eligibility would have been used on bad teams. Our record:

2016 4-8
2017 5-7
2018 7-6
2019 7-6

Maybe we would have been better, but we we're terrible defensively. Scott put up crazy numbers while at Nicholls. Nicholls was terrible on defense. It didn't workout that well. It would have been cool to see him here, but the timing worked out better for him. By the time this staff got it all figured out, Scott's college career would have been already over.

As it stands, he is viewed as one of the best to ever play the game. Hard to imagine that happening with the state of the program at that time.

I'm happy it worked for us, and for the kid.
Wave755
Tsunami

WeWave2 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:42 pm
I think it's about timing. Based on our roster and system at the time, there is a good chance that his eligibility would have been used on bad teams. Our record:

2016 4-8
2017 5-7
2018 7-6
2019 7-6

Maybe we would have been better, but we we're terrible defensively. Scott put up crazy numbers while at Nicholls. Nicholls was terrible on defense. It didn't workout that well. It would have been cool to see him here, but the timing worked out better for him. By the time this staff got it all figured out, Scott's college career would have been already over.

As it stands, he is viewed as one of the best to ever play the game. Hard to imagine that happening with the state of the program at that time.

At this point, who gives a 🐀's rearend about Scott, anyway? 🥱💤
anEngineer
Riptide

Without a doubt, Scott staying away was a net positive for Tulane in the long term. Had he come here, we would have kept an option-based offense. Because Coach Fritz could not get a quality dual threat QB, we went to a pro-style offense and ended up with Pratt, Ibieta and Horton.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:17 pm Without a doubt, Scott staying away was a net positive for Tulane in the long term. Had he come here, we would have kept an option-based offense. Because Coach Fritz could not get a quality dual threat QB, we went to a pro-style offense and ended up with Pratt, Ibieta and Horton.
This.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:17 pm Without a doubt, Scott staying away was a net positive for Tulane in the long term. Had he come here, we would have kept an option-based offense. Because Coach Fritz could not get a quality dual threat QB, we went to a pro-style offense and ended up with Pratt, Ibieta and Horton.
True, Jim Svoboda’s offense is a joy to behold.👍🏻
greenie78
Riptide

Wonder if he can play basketball for us.
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:18 pm
WeWave2 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:42 pm

2016 4-8
2017 5-7
2018 7-6
2019 7-6

At this point, who gives a 🐀's rearend about Scott, anyway? 🥱💤
Agreed!
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:27 pm
True, Jim Svoboda’s offense is a joy to behold.👍🏻
Agreed. Scott would have been gone by the time JS arrived. And yes it is a Joy!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He’s back!
Saints turn 🤔🤔
https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023/03 ... Ytk6LYoYuc
This is interesting: the New Orleans Saints plan to put former Incarnate Word quarterback Lindsey Scott Jr. through a workout ahead of the 2023 NFL draft, per FOX San Antonio’s Chuck Miketinac, who reports that Scott is finishing up rehab from an offseason knee scope procedure.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:51 am He’s back!
Saints turn 🤔🤔
https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023/03 ... Ytk6LYoYuc
This is interesting: the New Orleans Saints plan to put former Incarnate Word quarterback Lindsey Scott Jr. through a workout ahead of the 2023 NFL draft, per FOX San Antonio’s Chuck Miketinac, who reports that Scott is finishing up rehab from an offseason knee scope procedure.
And so, the "Saga of Lindsey Scott" continues......................................

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Except Scott decided not to come here BECAUSE we had an option-based offense! And isn't it funny that the Heisman hype articles call Prat a duel threat QB?

Any word on how Ibieta's rehab is coming? Winwave, has he been a participant in Spring ball, or is he still on the shelf?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Justin is ahead of schedule and will be ready for the season. Don’t think he’s fully participating in Spring ball
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:30 am Justin is ahead of schedule and will be ready for the season. Don’t think he’s fully participating in Spring ball
Pro Day quarterbacks throwing to receivers were Horton and Haggard, giving pro scouts a preview for the future. Being extra careful with Ibieta, Twice injury to the same shoulder is risky to try and rush.