Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
He's got choices:

Grambling State
Jackson State
Princeton
Tennessee State
Texas Southern
Towson
One of those is quite unlike the others.
:lol: like the old test question, “which one doesn’t belong?”

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:05 pm At this point he should take Princeton if he could weasel an offer out of them. The Ivy Leagues don't give pure athletic scholarships. Maybe he should re-visit the Harvard coach. His future clearly is not on the gridiron. And either of those schools would probably not accept a lot of his college credits. Tulane should steer clear, I agree. Let's bring in some good 4 year QB's that want to play for coach Fritz.
Yep, we are no longer "beggars" for football talent. WF will never offer Scott again.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:05 pm At this point he should take Princeton if he could weasel an offer out of them. The Ivy Leagues don't give pure athletic scholarships. Maybe he should re-visit the Harvard coach. His future clearly is not on the gridiron. And either of those schools would probably not accept a lot of his college credits. Tulane should steer clear, I agree. Let's bring in some good 4 year QB's that want to play for coach Fritz.
Yep, we are no longer "beggars" for football talent. WF will never offer Scott again.
After last night's game, lets forget about Lindsey Scott. He's never been part of the Tulane family, and never will be. We have a lot more exciting things to talk about. Good luck, Lindsey, and good bye.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

I feel a little silly still commenting on this, but I don't know that Princeton would take a kid who has been in 3 different schools in 3 years (one of the a JUCO). As stated before, his academic transcript must be a mess.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 am
I feel a little silly still commenting on this, but I don't know that Princeton would take a kid who has been in 3 different schools in 3 years (one of the a JUCO). As stated before, his academic transcript must be a mess.
I do recall when LSU quarterback Andrew Hatch returned to Harvard, Harvard would not accept any of his LSU credits and "demoted" him back to Sophomore or junior, whatever it was?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Landed at Nicholls State.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm Landed at Nicholls State.
Lindsey Scott, what an idiot. :shakingno:
anEngineer
Riptide

So what does this leave him with? He is joining now, and has whatever is left of this year and next year?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

but he will always be a tigaah .... won't he ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is just sad. He should beg and plead to go to Princeton (if that was real). . . Even if he was a freshman because of credits. Infact maybe that would be even better for him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

At some point the young man has to realize that he's not going to be playing on Sundays and has made some bad decisions. I doubt he starts at Nicholls, don't they have John Fourcade's son as their starter? And isn't he pretty good?

Does Nicholls offer a degree in packing and moving? If so, he should be on his way to a graduate degree in doing so.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm At some point the young man has to realize that he's not going to be playing on Sundays and has made some bad decisions. I doubt he starts at Nicholls, don't they have John Fourcade's son as their starter? And isn't he pretty good?

Does Nicholls offer a degree in packing and moving? If so, he should be on his way to a graduate degree in doing so.
if not "Packing n Moving"....maybe "Tourism" or "Short Term Leasing"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:53 pm
So what does this leave him with? He is joining now, and has whatever is left of this year and next year?
I think you’re correct. Play at FCS. This year and then transfer to an FBS. I’m sure that’s their plan and as usual it will fail. Fourcade is entrenched.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Incredible. Could be the most bizarre travels of any college player in NCAA history.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm Incredible. Could be the most bizarre travels of any college player in NCAA history.
This. Might get crazier if he ends up here next year. :roll:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:26 pm
Show Me wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm Incredible. Could be the most bizarre travels of any college player in NCAA history.
This. Might get crazier if he ends up here next year. :roll:
JUST SAY NO!
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Willie should stay away from Mr Scott. He made his decision already .
GreenLantern
Riptide

Hornetswave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:10 pm Willie should stay away from Mr Scott. He made his decision already .
Yup! We need a talented young QB who will be at Tulane for 4-5 years, who will mature and grow, who will help Tulane get to where we want, and whose brand will be forever identified with Tulane. Perhaps Lindsey Scott could have been that QB. He chose otherwise. Good luck, Godspeed, and may he not be tortured with thoughts of what might have been.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hear ya. The reason I say it is after his transfer announcement him and his father started loving on Tulane plus going into next season we will have no experienced QB behind Howard. That said LS isn't experienced either and the staff has been good at using the transfer portal to fill positions of need. That's what will likely happen but you never know.
ccap05
Surge

I am confused and a bit disappointed at the animosity directed towards LS. He was a talented high school football player with the opportunity to play for Tulane who chose another route. He college career has not worked out like he wanted and every time he pops up in the news for not performing to his (or his dad's) expectations there is a round of LS bashing here. He is a young man doing his best and celebrating his very public defeats in life is pretty uncool.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:36 am I am confused and a bit disappointed at the animosity directed towards LS. He was a talented high school football player with the opportunity to play for Tulane who chose another route. He college career has not worked out like he wanted and every time he pops up in the news for not performing to his (or his dad's) expectations there is a round of LS bashing here. He is a young man doing his best and celebrating his very public defeats in life is pretty uncool.
I don't think anyone is celebrating his lack of success. I just think most of us want to move forward without LS, given that he's twice spurned Tulane and has limited eligibility remaining.

Good luck to the young man. But we should have zero interest in him coming to Tulane for one year. Turn the page.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:11 am
ccap05 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:36 am I am confused and a bit disappointed at the animosity directed towards LS. He was a talented high school football player with the opportunity to play for Tulane who chose another route. He college career has not worked out like he wanted and every time he pops up in the news for not performing to his (or his dad's) expectations there is a round of LS bashing here. He is a young man doing his best and celebrating his very public defeats in life is pretty uncool.
I don't think anyone is celebrating his lack of success. I just think most of us want to move forward without LS, given that he's twice spurned Tulane and has limited eligibility remaining.

Good luck to the young man. But we should have zero interest in him coming to Tulane for one year. Turn the page.
Exactly this.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. What a wacky journey.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

Fourcade is a Senior and very good so Scott will sit this year but may start in 2020. He can’t move back up to FBS again as he’s already burned his redshirt year.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I heard that Daddy Scott did call WF, immediately after LS went into the transfer portal (and the same time of short Twitter love fest on Tulane), and WF made it clear there would be no role for LS at Tulane.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana