Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am Yep. The thread title needs to be updated.
:lol: :lol: Just change it to say "Lindsey Scott at his Nth different school"

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What a journey, that encompassed quite a range-- Harvard to Incarnate Word. Wow.
WeWave2
Ripple

UIW was ranked 4th in the FCS before this loss. Scott is leading the FCS/FBS in passing efficiency. 2nd in TD passes. No doubt thatCovid did strange things to eligibility. Happy for the guy.
Wave755
Tsunami

WeWave2 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:46 am UIW was ranked 4th in the FCS before this loss. Scott is leading the FCS/FBS in passing efficiency. 2nd in TD passes. No doubt thatCovid did strange things to eligibility. Happy for the guy.
I think he should have gone to Harvard?
🤷‍♂️
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:21 am
WeWave2 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:46 am UIW was ranked 4th in the FCS before this loss. Scott is leading the FCS/FBS in passing efficiency. 2nd in TD passes. No doubt thatCovid did strange things to eligibility. Happy for the guy.
🤷‍♂️
He could have, but that would have interfered with his NFL trajectory. :shock:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:58 am
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am Yep. The thread title needs to be updated.
:lol: :lol: Just change it to say "Lindsey Scott at his Nth different school"
You are correct.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:02 pm
🤷‍♂️
Believe it or not the article in the Advocate talked about NFL and CFL scouts looking at him. AT UIW they are having him focus more on his passing as noted by some here with him being the leading passer in FCS. Crazy stuff for sure.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
IM42lane
Swell

That's the d--ned transfer portal in action! When will they get better control of this?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:18 pm
🤷‍♂️
Believe it or not the article in the Advocate talked about NFL and CFL scouts looking at him. AT UIW they are having him focus more on his passing as noted by some here with him being the leading passer in FCS. Crazy stuff for sure.
And, I will never believe Lindsey is really 5'11'', but even if so, way too short to play QB for today's NFL.
WeWave2
Ripple

IM42lane wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:33 pm That's the d--ned transfer portal in action! When will they get better control of this?
It's a good thing that the athlete has more options (control) over their futures. Coaches and admins can go whenever they want. Tough for fans (and programs). Athletes' futures should be the priority. In the case of a grad transfer, their should be minimal restrictions.
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:57 pm

And, I will never believe Lindsey is really 5'11'', but even if so, way too short to play QB for today's NFL.
I believe he's taller than K.Murray, in the R. Wilson range. Lead the Soutland in rushing last hear with 990 yds. So who knows what that translates to.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I watched part of the Fordham-Ohio game a couple of weekends ago, and that QB Tim Demorat from Fordham has a great arm.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

WeWave2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:06 am
Wave755 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:57 pm

I believe he's taller than K.Murray, in the R. Wilson range. Lead the Soutland in rushing last hear with 990 yds. So who knows what that translates to.
I still think he should have gone to Harvard!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Now you know we're almost at the end of the road.

Heisman Front Runners

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aegis
High Tide

Nobody gives a rats ass
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Spoiler alert - He will not win the heisman and he will not play in the nfl. Yes he should have gone to Harvard and someday he will realize that.
anEngineer
Riptide

He should have come to Tulane. He would have been a 5-year starter and gotten the "notice" he and his father always sought, because we would have been more successful and he would have been seen as the reason.
WeWave2
Ripple

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:48 am Spoiler alert - He will not win the heisman and he will not play in the nfl. Yes he should have gone to Harvard and someday he will realize that.
This kid is likely to make millions regardless of the school he chose. People that have been around him (off the field) get it. The heisman hype? Good for him. Looks like he's the favorite to win the Walter Payton Award.
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-mid ... ward-bzbz/

The NFL is a long shot for 90+% of all prospects. But who knows. All I know is we are 7-1, he's 7-1. We are successful without him, and he's been successful without us. Keep pushing Lindsey, and ROLL WAVE!!!
WeWave2
Ripple

anEngineer wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:55 am He should have come to Tulane. He would have been a 5-year starter and gotten the "notice" he and his father always sought, because we would have been more successful and he would have been seen as the reason.
Agreed. Funny how in his last year of eligibility, we are sitting at 7-1, and he's tearing up the FCS (@ 7-1). Looks like he's getting the "notice" that he wanted, but the life long effects of helping Tulane win the conference (and a bowl) would have been immeasurable. In the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy this nice WAVE we're on!!!!!
Wave Fan
Low Tide

anEngineer wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:55 am He should have come to Tulane. He would have been a 5-year starter and gotten the "notice" he and his father always sought, because we would have been more successful and he would have been seen as the reason.
Coach Fritz lost a few years at Tulane looking for a QB. I dare say it set the program back. In the end it worked perfectly for us. I wouldn't trade Pratt for anybody and we have 3 good ones waiting in the wings. Good back and replay the end of that Houston game. The last drive and the overtime . It doesn't get much better than that.
Ruski
Swell

Wave Fan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:41 pm
Coach Fritz lost a few years at Tulane looking for a QB. I dare say it set the program back. In the end it worked perfectly for us. I wouldn't trade Pratt for anybody and we have 3 good ones waiting in the wings. Good back and replay the end of that Houston game. The last drive and the overtime . It doesn't get much better than that.
Yep. With a halfway decent QB we could've had 9/10 wins as early as 2017. Oh well....
Greeniegb
Swell

Ruski wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:07 pm
Wave Fan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:41 pm
Yep. With a halfway decent QB we could've had 9/10 wins as early as 2017. Oh well....
Hopefully we have 3 proven quarterbacks but with a second surgery jury will be out if Ibieta will ever be the same not only physically, but mentally. Wondering if being a dual sport athlete in high school has taken its toll on his arm and shoulder. 2nd surgery that he had means either the lst surgery was not done right, or he has some underlying weakness in his shoulder that keeps it tearing. It was not that hard a hit when he reinjured it. Also, he said this time it is worst and may not be able to throw until next summer or fall. Haggard is untested and short, also we have a kid from Brother Martin. We have a good shot at getting a good quarterback recruit if we get to a major bowl. But they probably need to be willing to redshirt based on what we have currently.
Wave755
Tsunami

Incarnate Word defeats TAMU-Commerce 35 to 7, but Lindsey throws 2 picks; Heisman hopes now imperiled ! :lol:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:49 am Incarnate Word defeats TAMU-Commerce 35 to 7, but Lindsey throws 2 picks; Heisman hopes now imperiled ! :lol:
Heisman hopes 😂😂