Matt Forte

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

BTW: Happy Birthday to Matt, whom turned 28 yesterday! Boy did he look good on MNF as da Bears beat up the Cowpokes.

If you want to smile and remember what a great RB he was at Tulane, watch this:

I like the run at the 2:30 mark...into the pile, then out the other side and takes off from the pack! I may be waxing poetically, but I thought I saw him do that a few times in his years with the Wave.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:BTW: Happy Birthday to Matt, whom turned 28 yesterday! Boy did he look good on MNF as da Bears beat up the Cowpokes.

If you want to smile and remember what a great RB he was at Tulane, watch this:

I like the run at the 2:30 mark...into the pile, then out the other side and takes off from the pack! I may be waxing poetically, but I thought I saw him do that a few times in his years with the Wave.
One thing I believe is that Bob Toledo saw his talent and showcased him with that WC offense. Matt picked the perfect school (Tulane) to develop into his full potential.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

Yea he definitely benefited from Toledo's offense. Unfortunately Forte was the only person who did.

Anyway another good day for Matt today,
@NateUlrichABJ: #Browns allowed most rushing yards of season today (179) & #Bears' Matt Forte is 1st RB to reach 100-yd rushing mark vs. CLE. He had 127.
Jonathan
Riptide

Matt will be making his second trip to the Pro Bowl. Well deserved!
Jonathan
Riptide

Matt was selected tonight to be on Jerry Rice and Drew Brees team for the Pro Bowl game. Should be interesting seeing Matt in the backfield with Drew and the other New Orleans Saints players and Bears wide receiver.
Jonathan
Riptide

Steve you might want to move this. Matt Forte held his annual Slidell camp for local youngsters at Saint Martins Episcopal School in Metairie where former Tulane teammate and friend Lester Ricard is the head football coach. Tammy in the Times Picayune on line has a photograph of Matt's staff there and an article about. Great to see Matt and Lester giving back to the community. Also a nice article in the Advocate about the camp.
Robert1969
Riptide

Jonathan
Riptide

Great to see after many years that he continues to support and care about Tulane football. I am hoping for him to have another great year this upcoming season with Da Bears!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Great to see after many years that he continues to support and care about Tulane football. I am hoping for him to have another great year this upcoming season with Da Bears!
Speaking of support...whatever happened to the fund raising Golf Tournament that was played each year...if memory serves it was the Conk Naquin memorial ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Great to see after many years that he continues to support and care about Tulane football. I am hoping for him to have another great year this upcoming season with Da Bears!
Speaking of support...whatever happened to the fund raising Golf Tournament that was played each year...if memory serves it was the Conk Naquin memorial ?
We had it in April.... (it rained on that Monday April 15th so it was pushed back two days)
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
We had it in April.... (it rained on that Monday April 15th so it was pushed back two days)
Bad day for a tournament...April 15th...the tax man cometh
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Bad day for a tournament...April 15th...the tax man cometh
Yep, but English Turn was only available on that week in April.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Matt Forte from nearby Slidell, LA. will be inducted into Tulane's Hall of Fame at halftime during Tulane's Friday night game vs Cincy. He starred in the Tulane backfield from 2004-08 and completed his career as one of the school's greatest players, but it was his senior season that will always be remembered.
During his senior season of 2007, Forte put the Green Wave team and fans on his shoulders and led them on a record-breaking ride. He etched his name in the NCAA single season history books with 2,127 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns en route to claiming second-team Sports Illustrated All-America honors while garnering third-team All-America recognition from the Associated Press, College Football News and Phil Steele Publications while earning First Team All C-USA distinction.
Forte became just the 11th player in NCAA Division I-Bowl Subdivision history to run for 2,000 yards in a season and his rushing total that year ranked seventh in NCAA single-season history while his 177.2 rushing-yards-per-game average was 17th.
Forte was a semifinalist for both the Maxwell and Doak Walker Awards and to make the Walter Camp Player of the Year list, and one of just three players nationally to be named to all three lists. He was selected to play in the 2008 Senior Bowl where claimed overall MVP honors after running eight times for 59 yards, catching four passes for 38 yards and posting one special teams tackle.
Forte was a four-year letterman and three-year starter, who completed his career as Tulane's leader in rushing yards per game (99.186), rushing touchdowns (39) and total touchdowns (44) while ranking second in all-purpose yards (5,261), rushing yards (4,265), rushing attempts (833) and 100-yard rushing games (16), third in total points (266), and fourth in yards per carry (5.12), while his point total is the most by a non-kicker.
Forte was selected by the Chicago Bears in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft and has played six seasons with the Bears, earning Pro Bowl recognition in 2011 and 2013. With 6,666 total rushing yards, Forte trails only the great Walter Payton for first place on the Bears' list.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The everlasting image I have of Forte as an undergrad is him running into a "rugby scrum" and pushing the pile forward, then emerging out the other side and breaking a big gain. He did it often, but I think it was against SMU that he went wild. Forte was truly a one man wrecking krewe, and very, very fun to watch despite playing on a team that was tough to watch. And the funny thing is Tulane was one of the few schools that recruited him as an RB. That school up the river wanted him to be a DB.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Matt on Sunday night football vs GB.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Matt in the Pepsi Super Bowl commercial.
https://www.facebook.com/mattforte22/po ... 0200677432
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I do not think Matt will be moving back to metro NOLA anytime soon

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2015 ... ansion.php
Jonathan
Riptide

Matt should have made it to the Pro Bowl but need not. Not fault of his but the Bears suck from head coaches down to their QB and offensive line. Matt has no hope there.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
ajcalhoun
Swell

Nice!
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Matt now has the most popular jersey in Wisconsin.
http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/move-ov ... -wisconsin
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good for him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Forte shines in new Bears offense.
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-gre ... -for-bears
Forte had 266 carries in 2014, one of the messiest, most unwatchable seasons in Bears history, which is quite full of garbage seasons, but his only gain of 20 or more yards on the ground was a 32-yard run against the Vikings on Nov. 16. That’s it. Needless to say, Forte, who still caught 102 passes last season, is pretty happy to not be in the Marc Trestman offense in a contract year.

On Sunday, Forte had 24 carries for 141 yards to go with five catches for 25 yards.

“It felt good,” Forte said of the Adam Gase offense’s commitment to the run. “It felt like that’s how it’s supposed to be.”
Tulane Class of 1981