Alumni baseball game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

I understand Preston Claiborne pitched for the alumni. Who else participated for the alumni team and did anyone get a chance to say hello to Coach Jones? The current team defeated the alumni
team 14-0? Beautiful day for baseball.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Brandon Belanger, Jason Navarraro, Ricky Fairchild, Nick Pepitone.,while I was there. Micah Owings, Brad Emus, Tommy Manzella, Jon Kaplan, Brandon Boudreaux, Mark Hamilton and many more played in the field.
http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 15aaa.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Oh did the current squad beat ex-All Stars (some current pros) by a score of 14-0? Bodes well for a great first year under Coach Pierce?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:Oh did the current squad beat ex-All Stars (some current pros) by a score of 14-0? Bodes well for a great first year under Coach Pierce?
Probably. The last time I saw an alumni game I believe it was close like 3-2 or 4-3. One thing you'll notice that will be different in the past is that we are going to run the bases very aggressively. At least 3-4 players will be allowed to steal on their own. And you will see guys trying to stretch a single into a double or score from 2nd on hits into the outfield. The new balls did carry much better. Perhaps that may have helped us score 14 runs.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Really looking forward to a coach like Pierce that likes to run the bases,steal bases and put pressure on the defens.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I understand Preston Claiborne pitched for the alumni. Who else participated for the alumni team and did anyone get a chance to say hello to Coach Jones? The current team defeated the alumni
team 14-0? Beautiful day for baseball.
After bashing RJ 24/7 for years you now want to know if anyone said hello?
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
swampnik wrote:Oh did the current squad beat ex-All Stars (some current pros) by a score of 14-0? Bodes well for a great first year under Coach Pierce?
Probably. The last time I saw an alumni game I believe it was close like 3-2 or 4-3. One thing you'll notice that will be different in the past is that we are going to run the bases very aggressively. At least 3-4 players will be allowed to steal on their own. And you will see guys trying to stretch a single into a double or score from 2nd on hits into the outfield. The new balls did carry much better. Perhaps that may have helped us score 14 runs.
I'm not that concerned about steals, but taking the extra base and not getting thrown out at home (or stuck on 3rd when they should have scored) will help immensely.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

After years of absence Tulane is bringing back the baseball Alumni weekend.
Scheduled for Nov 11-13th (game on that Sunday the 13th)
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:03 pm After years of absence Tulane is bringing back the baseball Alumni weekend.
Scheduled for Nov 11-13th (game on that Sunday the 13th)
all of the "alums" now have this playing 24/7

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

2015 last game played
Tulane Class of 1981