Why UTSA should join the AAC

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/9/2 ... in-the-aac
The leadership of the American Athletic Conference fully understands that any of their schools would leave at the drop of a hat if the "Power Five" came calling. For all we know these recent changes have had them hitting the phones even harder to catalyze movement. This is why the conference needs to get ahead of the wave and scoop up UTSA before someone else does- or before a school departs the American and leaves them scrambling with no leverage to find a replacement.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wavefan03
Surge

No rush they ain't going anywhere.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I could see ECU making it to the ACC one day.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/9/2 ... in-the-aac
The leadership of the American Athletic Conference fully understands that any of their schools would leave at the drop of a hat if the "Power Five" came calling. For all we know these recent changes have had them hitting the phones even harder to catalyze movement. This is why the conference needs to get ahead of the wave and scoop up UTSA before someone else does- or before a school departs the American and leaves them scrambling with no leverage to find a replacement.
The real decision should have been UTSA instead of Tulsa. You get a Top 10 USA city (with no pro football competition for corporate sponsorships) and Top 3 TV market in Texas rounding out the conference footprint in a Top 5 state along with Houston and Dallas metro areas.

Yes you would have been betting on UTSA football program improving and the other sports have been meh. However it is part of UT system and has a very large student body. Tulsa is the smallest FBS school in undergrad enrollment and chases OU and OSU in a smallish state. Yes it has enjoyed much more athletic success than say Tulane over the past 20 years.

What's done is done. Tulsa is in AAC and we need them to succeed.

I don't know if I would go for 14 in AAC today. Meanwhile I would put UTSA at top of wait list.
Jonathan
Riptide

Why even bring this subject and thread up? No way it will happen. What about BYU or Army?
wavemania
Surge

If Tulane doesn't show improvement in its top sports, UTSA may take our place
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wavemania wrote:If Tulane doesn't show improvement in its top sports, UTSA may take our place
Very true. The fact is this league is not going to put up with BS shenanigans. The AAC will kick out programs if they feel they are not carrying their weight. Tulane better get its act together.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. I found this thread from 2014 and here were are 9-10 years later. UTSA made it to the AAC.
Tulane Class of 1981