Barth Melius

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... ons_a.html
Barth Melius, owner of Out of Bounds, protested the policy. He said that he had trained as best he could a 22-year-old bartender -- and fired her when he found she had sold a drink to a minor. She's already found another job, he said, but his other law-abiding employees would suffer from the suspension. "How is a two-week suspension beneficial to anyone?" he asked.

Lee-Sheng sparred back: "How is serving an underage minor beneficial to anyone?"

"It's a shame we can't be more open-minded and discuss things," Melius countered. "You clearly made up your mind and want to punish people."

Lee-Sheng contested Melius' assertion that the bar had served only one underage drinker, noting that an alliance of suspicious residents had taken their concerns to the Sheriff's Office, which only then conducted an investigation. "I don't think this was a single incident," Lee-Sheng said.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://crescentcitysports.com/rummel-j ... E6qaZekzyc
Jesuit pitcher Barth Melius, in the Virgin Islands Friday, was recalling that weekend as if it was yesterday.
“So many of us are still good friends, one side or the other,” said Melius, who went on to pitch at Tulane. “Timmy (Nugent) was my best friend since I was 11-12 years old and were only on one team together.
“I couldn’t even tell you how many innings I pitched. I know Timmy pitched a bunch too. Mike (Alexander) did a great job for them.”
“It’s been a long time,” Nugent said, “but there’s a lot of things I remember vividly.”
While Nugent was on the winning side on that Saturday night in New Iberia, but four years later, Melius and his Tulane teammates defeated Nugent and LSU in the super regional at Zephyr Field.
Tulane Class of 1981