Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Both winwave and tps should be banned .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:11 pm Talk to the ones who started it. I just finished it.
I finished it. That was a TKO
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm
winwave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:11 pm Talk to the ones who started it. I just finished it.
I finished it. That was a TKO
No doubt! I’m still laughing
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Only in your dreams.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The only thing amusing about this spat is the ads running through it. On my laptop I"m getting "Be Relaxed. Be Here. Visit Hershey, PA" and 1-800-flowers. How apropos.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me- I apologize. My condolences and I hope you're OK.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:09 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:06 am
winwave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:25 am BTW those awaiting the results HC lost again. Andy really should stay off the phone with his mistress when his team is playing.
Sounds like Andy must have fucked your wife too
..and some of ya’ll like to look down on the LSU fanbase.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:25 am BTW those awaiting the results HC lost again. Andy really should stay off the phone with his mistress when his team is playing.
Just curious, did you attend high school in the New Orleans area and if so where?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
McWave
High Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:59 pm Poorly written article. It doesn't spit it tout but it involves forfeits due to playing an ineligible player. So now you would have to think he wouldn't get to play in the playoffs. They were only an 8 seed before so they aren't a powerhouse team and should be minus a player.
HC is select I. There are only 12 Select I teams. Everyone makes the post season. HC was 5 seed and got swept by 12 seed St Paul’s.

What was the “clerical” error that caused the disqualification?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

“Clerical” error was attributed to an administration oversight. A freshman SPS player lived just outside the district. Home schooling probably played a part. The checks and balances were not there when school started. Faculty and students did a lot of online classes. This review is usually done before the season starts. When the St Paul’s school recently reviewed its records they realized the error so they self-reported. I’m sure some schools would have just kept quiet. The LSHAA made SPS forfeit every game the freshman played in. AC protested the series because the kid was in the dugout but the protest was denied since the kid didn’t play.

All kids were hurt by this situation. I’d imagine the seniors at HC especially. The SPS seniors also especially with Covid season this year and last year. If they were not allowed to continue the season that would have been unfair to those Sr’s. I think that’s why they were allowed to continue to play.
It wasn’t any kids fault in this case.
And under the LSHAA setup all the select teams make it in because it’s so small of a group.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

It says a lot about how F'd up high school sports are in LA when you have a 4-27 team make the playoffs in the first place. Screw the LHSAA for this select/non-select BS.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:49 am It says a lot about how F'd up high school sports are in LA when you have a 4-27 team make the playoffs in the first place. Screw the LHSAA for this select/non-select BS.
That is so correct!
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:49 am It says a lot about how F'd up high school sports are in LA when you have a 4-27 team make the playoffs in the first place. Screw the LHSAA for this select/non-select BS.
+1,000. I’ve lived in many parts of the country, and I’ve never heard of a 4-27 team, in any sport, getting into any playoff. Weird.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to Andy
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BTW, for those that like to know how it ended St. Paul's lost out last weekend. They showed they were an 8 seed.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 am BTW, for those that like to know how it ended St. Paul's lost out last weekend. They showed they were an 8 seed.
Yes SPS was originally an 8th seed but Catholic could end being the state champs. Had SPS played St Aug and then HC instead they’d be in the semi finals. Catholic faces #1 Byrd so we’ll see soon.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. LSU extrapolation going on there.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:57 am LOL. LSU extrapolation going on there.
Yes for sure but in this case it’s within reason only because the LSHAA had to reschedule every matchup because they reseeded SPS. Originally they were an 8 but they got pushed to last so they had to play all road games against tougher teams. They did defeat HC but Catholic is a legit program especially playing in BR. Once they beat SPS’s ace Anderson I thought they’d actually sweep but SPS forced a 3rd game. Let’s see. If they get sent home by Byrd I’ll agree.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Doesn't matter what they do against Byrd. SPS showed why they were just an 8 seed. More importantly for our many out of staters that don't know about Select and Non-Select playoffs I'll explain. Due to schools like Curtis existing strictly for athletic purposes the public schools had enough and forced a situation where come playoff time the public schools- the so called non-selects have their own playoffs and the private schools- the so called select schools - have their own playoffs. So likely SPS would have been much lower than an 8 seed if all schools were in the playoffs together as they used to be.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am Doesn't matter what they do against Byrd. SPS showed why they were just an 8 seed. More importantly for our many out of staters that don't know about Select and Non-Select playoffs I'll explain. Due to schools like Curtis existing strictly for athletic purposes the public schools had enough and forced a situation where come playoff time the public schools- the so called non-selects have their own playoffs and the private schools- the so called select schools - have their own playoffs. So likely SPS would have been much lower than an 8 seed if all schools were in the playoffs together as they used to be.
the big difference between select and non select...the non select do not have the right to recruit, if the selects were forced to enroll only those within "geogrpahic boundires' like the non selects, the LHSAA would be totally different.. I may be mistaken, but at one time Holy Cross had a "dorm " on campus, for the out of state kids they had enrolled to play sports ..here in Texas, there is the UIL for Public Schools and TAPPS for private schools
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am Doesn't matter what they do against Byrd. SPS showed why they were just an 8 seed. More importantly for our many out of staters that don't know about Select and Non-Select playoffs I'll explain. Due to schools like Curtis existing strictly for athletic purposes the public schools had enough and forced a situation where come playoff time the public schools- the so called non-selects have their own playoffs and the private schools- the so called select schools - have their own playoffs. So likely SPS would have been much lower than an 8 seed if all schools were in the playoffs together as they used to be.
Most everyone here that posts or reads this forum already knows about the controversial split. There’s an entire thread here that covered it. And it’s been around for awhile now.
But when it comes to baseball this year I believe only Barbe and West Monroe would be higher seeded. After that the rest drop off fast. We’re talking Division 1 so I’m not going to argue about public schools that may or not be seeded higher. There’s no way to tell. However if they had 32 teams SPS would have not made the playoffs because of their losing record with the forfeits. That’s really the issue. Andy won coach of the year and that’s that.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am
Most everyone here that posts or reads this forum already knows about the controversial split. There’s an entire thread here that covered it. And it’s been around for awhile now.
But when it comes to baseball this year I believe only Barbe and West Monroe would be higher seeded. After that the rest drop off fast. We’re talking Division 1 so I’m not going to argue about public schools that may or not be seeded higher. There’s no way to tell. However if they had 32 teams SPS would have not made the playoffs because of their losing record with the forfeits. That’s really the issue. Andy won coach of the year and that’s that.
The issue is we are not talking high quality baseball here. It's watered down and many don't know and others probably don't remember.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am
the big difference between select and non select...the non select do not have the right to recruit, if the selects were forced to enroll only those within "geogrpahic boundires' like the non selects, the LHSAA would be totally different.. I may be mistaken, but at one time Holy Cross had a "dorm " on campus, for the out of state kids they had enrolled to play sports ..here in Texas, there is the UIL for Public Schools and TAPPS for private schools
And never the twain shall meet.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
McWave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:54 am
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 am BTW, for those that like to know how it ended St. Paul's lost out last weekend. They showed they were an 8 seed.
Yes SPS was originally an 8th seed but Catholic could end being the state champs. Had SPS played St Aug and then HC instead they’d be in the semi finals. Catholic faces #1 Byrd so we’ll see soon.
All 12 Select I teams make the post season. So the bottom 8 start in the regional finals. HC was the 5 seed. So, HC didn’t win a game in a post season which everyone makes. SPS went on to lose (2-1) to Catholic which was a 4 seed.
Profoundwizard
Swell

You know what isn’t watered down? The Catholic league. HC did well in the league. Not that it matters much for AC. Coaching a High School team is a totally different job than being a college coach. I suspect that Andy will be back in the college game next year and the results of the Holy Cross season will not have mattered much