Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

We all like the Catholic league because of its history and rivalries. That doesn't make it the great league some want to believe it is.


Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:51 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am Doesn't matter what they do against Byrd. SPS showed why they were just an 8 seed. More importantly for our many out of staters that don't know about Select and Non-Select playoffs I'll explain. Due to schools like Curtis existing strictly for athletic purposes the public schools had enough and forced a situation where come playoff time the public schools- the so called non-selects have their own playoffs and the private schools- the so called select schools - have their own playoffs. So likely SPS would have been much lower than an 8 seed if all schools were in the playoffs together as they used to be.
the big difference between select and non select...the non select do not have the right to recruit, if the selects were forced to enroll only those within "geogrpahic boundires' like the non selects, the LHSAA would be totally different.. I may be mistaken, but at one time Holy Cross had a "dorm " on campus, for the out of state kids they had enrolled to play sports ..here in Texas, there is the UIL for Public Schools and TAPPS for private schools
And never the twain shall meet.
A lot of the kids that bordered didn't even play sports.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

I could give 2 shits about the Catholic league but it’s a very good baseball league. Jesuit was ranked in the top 25 in the nation at times this season and Curtis has proven to be neck and neck with them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

It's overstated. If it was what some claim there would be a whole lot more big time D-1 players at big schools coming out of it.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Well go argue with those people about it, I never said it was anything other than a very good baseball league
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm We all like the Catholic league because of its history and rivalries. That doesn't make it the great league some want to believe it is.
There's quite a few Catholic Leaguers from variety of schools going to the next level. Off the top of my head:
Jesuit had 2 signed in 2021 with another committed in 2022.
Holy Cross had 3 from last year and 2 this year. Andy must be doing something right,
Curtis had 1 from each year.
BM has 1 for 2022 ,
Rummel had 1 from 2021.
St Aug had 1 from 2021.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Pepper wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm We all like the Catholic league because of its history and rivalries. That doesn't make it the great league some want to believe it is.
There's quite a few Catholic Leaguers from variety of schools going to the next level. Off the top of my head:
Jesuit had 2 signed in 2021 with another committed in 2022.
Holy Cross had 3 from last year and 2 this year. Andy must be doing something right,
Curtis had 1 from each year.
BM has 1 for 2022 ,
Rummel had 1 from 2021.
St Aug had 1 from 2021.
This is just another case of Winwave wanting to argue

St Aug has 2 players signed for this years class. 1 to La Tech and 1 with Northwestern state
Last edited by Profoundwizard on Thu May 13, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:28 pm
Pepper wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm We all like the Catholic league because of its history and rivalries. That doesn't make it the great league some want to believe it is.
There's quite a few Catholic Leaguers from variety of schools going to the next level. Off the top of my head:
Jesuit had 2 signed in 2021 with another committed in 2022.
Holy Cross had 3 from last year and 2 this year. Andy must be doing something right,
Curtis had 1 from each year.
BM has 1 for 2022 ,
Rummel had 1 from 2021.
St Aug had 1 from 2021.
This is just another case of Winwave wanting to argue
Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:15 pm I could give 2 shits about the Catholic league but it’s a very good baseball league. Jesuit was ranked in the top 25 in the nation at times this season and Curtis has proven to be neck and neck with them.
Jays won today over JC 4-3 in extra innings great game. Play Byrd for the State Championship
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:28 pm
Pepper wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm We all like the Catholic league because of its history and rivalries. That doesn't make it the great league some want to believe it is.
There's quite a few Catholic Leaguers from variety of schools going to the next level. Off the top of my head:
Jesuit had 2 signed in 2021 with another committed in 2022.
Holy Cross had 3 from last year and 2 this year. Andy must be doing something right,
Curtis had 1 from each year.
BM has 1 for 2022 ,
Rummel had 1 from 2021.
St Aug had 1 from 2021.
This is just another case of Winwave wanting to argue

St Aug has 2 players signed for this years class. 1 to La Tech and 1 with Northwestern state
What I said was producing big time players who are going to big time schools. That isn't shown here.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Nobody ever said that there was a bunch of big time Catholic league players producing at big time schools in the first place. It was a straw man argument that you argued against that nobody ever put forth in the first place
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

It wasn’t an argument. It was a factual statement.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm It's overstated. If it was what some claim there would be a whole lot more big time D-1 players at big schools coming out of it.
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 pm It wasn’t an argument. It was a factual statement.
Looks more like opinion than fact
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

It's a fact. Pretty clear unless someone has that list.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 pm It's a fact. Pretty clear unless someone has that list.
:lol:

Look closely at these words in your post
It's overstated. If it was what some claim
It’s your opinion that people talk up the league like it’s producing a ton of big time players. I haven’t experienced that
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

What I said i was if the league was so good it would be producing a lot of big time players at big time schools. Still waiting on the list.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:12 pm What I said i was if the league was so good it would be producing a lot of big time players at big time schools. Still waiting on the list.
It is a good league. Jesuit was in the top 25 earlier this season and Curtis proved to be not far behind them.
Go do your own homework, If you don’t know who played in the league I’m not going to spoon feed you the information.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

I know who plays

Waiting on the list.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Going to be waiting a while
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Yep.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Yep
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Yep.

BTW, for those wondering Catholic lost out.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Why would anyone in this thread be wondering about Catholic?
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Seriously? Go back and read the thread.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

I simply supply facts and let the ignorance of someone who has a bias against 1 individual manifest itself into every argument.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Post Reply