Tulane one of 10 teams not to release coaches salary

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JTLiuzza
Swell

It's tough to keep selling the worst fans in college football on "big announcements" and "administrative commitment" when it's published that the coach you just extended after four years of miserable football is making minimum wage.

More Cowen smoke and mirrors.

When your standard m.o. is deception, spin, out and out lies, anybody with his eyes open understands the kind of person they're dealing with.

But keep sending those checks!
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Pepper
Swell

Had a young lady call me last night for a donation. I politely explained to her that I returned my envelope without a check but with a letter of no confidence in the Administration or Football Coaching Staff. I explained I could not with good conscience reward such a poor operation with no changes after 4 years of mediocre football.

Of course those on the other side will say I am hurting Tulane by giving money but these jokers in Gibson Hall just don't get it.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
JTLiuzza
Swell

I get a lot of those calls because I used to be easy for a donation. College kids working off a few dollars of tuition manning the phones. I do the same thing; politely and briefly tell them why I can't subsidize the current state of affairs.

For those who propose that refusing to subsidize failure is "hurting Tulane" I would say two things.

1. How long have the few been sending money despite not seeing any success on the field? Why then is it reasonable to continue to send money, and hope that it will buy the success that all our past donations have yet to produce?

2. Snap out of it and realize that you are in a rut, pursuing the same course that you have for far too long and has yet to bear any good fruit. The only product of the course we have been on is rotten. No fans. Athletics department in the red. Public embarrassment and linking the brand of Tulane with the notion of loser. And not only a loser in the context of one that tries hard but simply never quite makes it. That would be one thing. But Gibson Hall has made sure we are branded with the worst stench of all; that of a loser who doesn't care that he is a loser. He doesn't care that he is humiliated. What for any man would be unthinkable: being pounded into oblivion over and over and doing nothing about it, is what Tulane accepts as "the way we do things." And yet there are those who still go along with that program and even try to stigmatize those who resist it. There could be no worst fans in college football.

I hasten to add that the young men on the team, and even the coaches we take issue with, are not a part of that mindset at all and, in fact, are as repulsed by it even more than we are. All the more reason for us to step up on their behalf, and put whatever pressure we can on those who created this situation.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
RWR
Swell

1ndabag wrote:I get a lot of those calls because I used to be easy for a donation. College kids working off a few dollars of tuition manning the phones. I do the same thing; politely and briefly tell them why I can't subsidize the current state of affairs.

For those who propose that refusing to subsidize failure is "hurting Tulane" I would say two things.

1. How long have the few been sending money despite not seeing any success on the field? Why then is it reasonable to continue to send money, and hope that it will buy the success that all our past donations have yet to produce?

2. Snap out of it and realize that you are in a rut, pursuing the same course that you have for far too long and has yet to bear any good fruit. The only product of the course we have been on is rotten. No fans. Athletics department in the red. Public embarrassment and linking the brand of Tulane with the notion of loser. And not only a loser in the context of one that tries hard but simply never quite makes it. That would be one thing. But Gibson Hall has made sure we are branded with the worst stench of all; that of a loser who doesn't care that he is a loser. He doesn't care that he is humiliated. What for any man would be unthinkable: being pounded into oblivion over and over and doing nothing about it, is what Tulane accepts as "the way we do things." And yet there are those who still go along with that program and even try to stigmatize those who resist it. There could be no worst fans in college football.

I hasten to add that the young men on the team, and even the coaches we take issue with, are not a part of that mindset at all and, in fact, are as repulsed by it even more than we are. All the more reason for us to step up on their behalf, and put whatever pressure we can on those who created this situation.
+1
Bigschtick
Riptide

Do not donate a dime be it to Cowens fund( aka General Fund) or TAF. Let the enablers and koolaide drinkers on Yoggie continue to be the suckers!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!