Contact Support

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24727
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wave755 wrote:Steve, I am getting a security certificate alert for the Gotula site? :?:
+1.


BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4961
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

What browser and version are you guys using? We do not use any form of SSL (https://) for this site, so I am not really sure why you are getting that error, unless I can duplicate it.

1. When did that problem start for you?
2. At what frequency are you alerted?

Try some of the suggestions found at the link below, and let me know what happens.

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2014/03/wh ... 2g2AJMrK00
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 6198
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

NOLABigSteve wrote:What browser and version are you guys using? We do not use any form of SSL (https://) for this site, so I am not really sure why you are getting that error, unless I can duplicate it.

1. When did that problem start for you?
2. At what frequency are you alerted?

Try some of the suggestions found at the link below, and let me know what happens.

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2014/03/wh ... 2g2AJMrK00
For me it started about 4 days ago and has happened multiple times again today? The alert states the certificate expired on May 17, 2016?
User avatar
Show Me
Tsunami
Posts: 5050
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wave755 wrote:Steve, I am getting a security certificate alert for the Gotula site? :?:
Check the date and time on your computer.
Sounds like your computer clock year is not set.
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 6198
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Steve, I am getting a security certificate alert for the Gotula site? :?:
Check the date and time on your computer.
Sounds like your computer clock year is not set.
6/20/2016 @ 4:54 p.m.?
User avatar
Show Me
Tsunami
Posts: 5050
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wave755 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Steve, I am getting a security certificate alert for the Gotula site? :?:
Check the date and time on your computer.
Sounds like your computer clock year is not set.
6/20/2016 @ 4:54 p.m.?
Ok. 99% of the time that causes a security certificate issue.
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 6198
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Steve, we need to get the board on CST. :)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12907
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Hi, Steve,
For months now, I've been getting the "Not Secure" message where it should read "https://" I've tried typing in the https:// and changing my bookmark, but that won't load. What can I do to have a secure connection to gotula.net?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24727
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Same here.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26458
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 am Hi, Steve,
For months now, I've been getting the "Not Secure" message where it should read "https://" I've tried typing in the https:// and changing my bookmark, but that won't load. What can I do to have a secure connection to gotula.net?
Try clearing your history
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12907
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 am Hi, Steve,
For months now, I've been getting the "Not Secure" message where it should read "https://" I've tried typing in the https:// and changing my bookmark, but that won't load. What can I do to have a secure connection to gotula.net?
Try clearing your history
Did not help.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26458
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:22 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 am Hi, Steve,
For months now, I've been getting the "Not Secure" message where it should read "https://" I've tried typing in the https:// and changing my bookmark, but that won't load. What can I do to have a secure connection to gotula.net?
Try clearing your history
Did not help.
:oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

SSL certificate current for gotula.net?

https enabled for all pages?
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4961
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

This site has never had an SSL certificate. It has never been https://

What browser are you using? I primarily use Chrome, and at the top left it says "Not Secure" in gray, with the text turning red when typing into a text box / responding to a post. This behavior is Intended to alert you that the information you are submitting is not encrypted. Outside of password when logging in (you should always use a different password for every site you visit), submitted content on this site doesn't need to be encrypted.

There is nothing wrong with the site, or the browser. This is just the browsers way of saying the site isn't secure. I have no plans to add an SSL cert as they do cost money and we do not process any sort financial transactions.

If it truly is an issue for people, I can look at and will consider the cert. But again, there really isn't anything here on this forum that is sensitive or really warrants that kind of protection.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12907
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:36 pm This site has never had an SSL certificate. It has never been https://

What browser are you using? I primarily use Chrome, and at the top left it says "Not Secure" in gray, with the text turning red when typing into a text box / responding to a post. This behavior is Intended to alert you that the information you are submitting is not encrypted. Outside of password when logging in (you should always use a different password for every site you visit), submitted content on this site doesn't need to be encrypted.

There is nothing wrong with the site, or the browser. This is just the browsers way of saying the site isn't secure. I have no plans to add an SSL cert as they do cost money and we do not process any sort financial transactions.

If it truly is an issue for people, I can look at and will consider the cert. But again, there really isn't anything here on this forum that is sensitive or really warrants that kind of protection.
Fair enough, Steve. I only started noticing the "Not Secure" message a few weeks back, and continued to post as I don't have any real issues with information I post here, nor do I do anything financial on this site. Thanks for taking the time to explain, and thanks for running this site.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
gbgreenie
Surge
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:12 pm
Status: Offline

Getting virus everytime I visit this site, lucky my virus protection is getting rid of it.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:57 pm Getting virus everytime I visit this site, lucky my virus protection is getting rid of it.
HaHaHaHaHa Cold or flu?
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24727
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:36 pm This site has never had an SSL certificate. It has never been https://

What browser are you using? I primarily use Chrome, and at the top left it says "Not Secure" in gray, with the text turning red when typing into a text box / responding to a post. This behavior is Intended to alert you that the information you are submitting is not encrypted. Outside of password when logging in (you should always use a different password for every site you visit), submitted content on this site doesn't need to be encrypted.

There is nothing wrong with the site, or the browser. This is just the browsers way of saying the site isn't secure. I have no plans to add an SSL cert as they do cost money and we do not process any sort financial transactions.

If it truly is an issue for people, I can look at and will consider the cert. But again, there really isn't anything here on this forum that is sensitive or really warrants that kind of protection.
Fair enough, Steve. I only started noticing the "Not Secure" message a few weeks back, and continued to post as I don't have any real issues with information I post here, nor do I do anything financial on this site. Thanks for taking the time to explain, and thanks for running this site.
Same here. Thanks, Steve.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 6254
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

This website IT is a mess. I have tested it across multiple machines, wifi and satellites i’d say more but it will disappear. Steve, you want donations t run it, at least ask.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4961
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:04 am This website IT is a mess. I have tested it across multiple machines, wifi and satellites i’d say more but it will disappear. Steve, you want donations t run it, at least ask.
Man I'm going to need something more detailed and better written so I know what actual problems you are having. I'm glad to help and take a look, but I can't really decipher this.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Post Reply