Tommy Matthews meets Willie Mays

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Willie was one of my childhood heroes. Tommy is a great guy and he was great player for us.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks for the link. That's a great Willie Mays story.

WIllie Mays was my first childhood hero.

Even though he was past his prime when he was traded to the Mets to spend two glorious years in the twilight of his career back in NY, I still was tickled pink. I'll always remember Willie pleading the Mets case on a play at the plate in the 1973 World Series. Willie was the on-deck batter and was in position to see Fosse missed the tag. Harrelson was safe, but called out. The umpire was on the ground trying to get the call right (we'd NEVER do that today, he's not in "the wedge") and couldn't see Fosse missed Harrelson who didn't slide. Willie went to his knees pleading this case, Yogi got tossed, it was a shitshow in Oakland.

"Say hey", heaven has my hero now. Willie Mays arguably the best there ever was. RIP Willie.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V