Is this true University cutting subsidy to Athletics???

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

Tulane University’s athletics budget has undergone some changes recently. According to reports from a recent school-wide budget meeting, the administration considers athletics to be a source of revenue. However, the athletics budget is being reduced from around $17 million to $14 million1. In the 2022 annual budget, the total athletics budget was approximately $7.5 million2. While the sports teams at Tulane generated $34,183,387 in revenue, they also incurred the same amount in expenses, resulting in a net profit of zero3. For more detailed information, you can explore the 2021-22 Annual Report4. 🏈🎾🏀

arkhou02
Surge

It is true. They just aren’t interested. Actions speak louder than words. This is just another gut punch to the alumni and fans. Is anyone really surprised? Is anyone interested in spending any money on athletics when the school won’t consider it. Just a shitty situation.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Not sure how accurate this is but is was posted awhile back on Twitter by a reputable sports reporter

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Shoot, Tulane beat USC in a New Year's Bowl on a shoestring budget!

Why pay more?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's exactly that type of thinking that has brought so much misery for most of the last 75 years.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:54 pm Not sure how accurate this is but is was posted awhile back on Twitter by a reputable sports reporter

Cheap ass school
Bigschtick
Riptide

Article just came out this am that SMU has raised more than $150 million to prepare for entry into ACC.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:23 pm It's exactly that type of thinking that has brought so much misery for most of the last 75 years.
I never realize how truly pathetic Tulane really is. I am done contributing.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:30 am
winwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:23 pm It's exactly that type of thinking that has brought so much misery for most of the last 75 years.
I never realize how truly pathetic Tulane really is. I am done contributing.
I renewed my 4 season tickets, but have not written a check to Tulane's Athletic Fund. I did write one to FTW several weeks ago. Tulane's Admin needs to pull up it's jock strap, get a testosterone shot and tell the ingrates on "their board" shove the board up their azz and get in the fukin' game... they have 18 months at the most to make a damn statement, and that statement is not in words but in ACTIONS ...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

For a cleats on the ground view, I met a Rutgers FB player in May, We chatted about the B1G and NIL, etc. I told him I was a Tulane alum, and his expression changed. "Oh the Green Wave! We were all sleeping on Tulane for years, but not anymore. You guys can play and everyone knows it!"