FTW - Baseball NIL Fund/Donor Match

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sslatten
Low Tide

Please see attached and donate if you can or so desire, as our program can get 2 for 1 dollars on the first $ 50,000 in donations.

http://spot.fund/jnp71ss

Roll Wave!

arkhou02
Surge

Mr. Slatten, I am definitely going to pass for now. As you know, I want to see where we are headed. Not hiring Kelly, the lack of urgency after the Cotton Bowl (critical football infrastructure), and trending downward on most conference realignment articles makes me think we will be stuck in this miserable conference for a while. I never hear that Tulane itself wants to invest in athletics. At my age, I cannot trust Tulane will ever move up the latter until it actually does. Nevertheless, best of luck with any and all fundraising!
Forever TU
Surge

sslatten wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:59 am Please see attached and donate if you can or so desire, as our program can get 2 for 1 dollars on the first $ 50,000 in donations.

http://spot.fund/jnp71ss

Roll Wave!
Happy to help! Hopefully folks are beginning to understand just how critical - whatever it’s warts - NIL is. Glad to see a good start to the campaign!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am going to contribute, but why is there an "auto tip"... I would rather give the tip amount to FTW
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

arkhou02 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:38 am Mr. Slatten, I am definitely going to pass for now. As you know, I want to see where we are headed. Not hiring Kelly, the lack of urgency after the Cotton Bowl (critical football infrastructure), and trending downward on most conference realignment articles makes me think we will be stuck in this miserable conference for a while. I never hear that Tulane itself wants to invest in athletics. At my age, I cannot trust Tulane will ever move up the latter until it actually does. Nevertheless, best of luck with any and all fundraising!
Do as you please, but this is cutting off your nose to spite your face, IMO.
So let me get this straight, if we have less NIL support for a private booster group who’s goal is to support current players and bring in new players, then the admin will invest more.
Seems like a real silly way of thinking about NILs at Tulane.
Greeniegb
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:14 am
arkhou02 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:38 am Mr. Slatten, I am definitely going to pass for now. As you know, I want to see where we are headed. Not hiring Kelly, the lack of urgency after the Cotton Bowl (critical football infrastructure), and trending downward on most conference realignment articles makes me think we will be stuck in this miserable conference for a while. I never hear that Tulane itself wants to invest in athletics. At my age, I cannot trust Tulane will ever move up the latter until it actually does. Nevertheless, best of luck with any and all fundraising!
So let me get this straight, if we have less NIL support for a private booster group who’s goal is to support current players and bring in new players, then the admin will invest more.
Fans like this are our own worst enemy and chases donors away reading things like this!!! Positivity among fans motivates donors not negativity!!! By the way donors and fans raise the level of athletic programs not school investment, check out Houston!!!
arkhou02
Surge

To each their own!
HoustonWave
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:27 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:14 am
Fans like this are our own worst enemy and chases donors away reading things like this!!! Positivity among fans motivates donors not negativity!!! By the way donors and fans raise the level of athletic programs not school investment, check out Houston!!!
University presidents and ADs recruit and motivate large donors, check out Houston!!!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
austxwave
High Tide

Look, i'm not going to disregard their efforts. I appreciate that the FTW Collective was created and stepped up when there was a need. But they really need to get their shit together.

1. I offered my help 3X and with never a response.
2. I've donated several times using the donation option on their website and yet i'm not on some kind of mailing list.
3. My last donation was last week when I saw they were starting a campaign for baseball. I donated $500 by going to their website and using their dedicated donation platform. Now I see there is a different platform for this!

I'm not butt hurt that they clearly don't want to respond to my offer to help. I don't even care that my recent donation doesn't count towards the matching campaign. What I do care about is that things could be handled in a more organized fashion.

1. They should be capturing the contact information of every donor so they can target them for various campaigns.
2. They should utilize facebook and instagram to market to alums in cities with large alumni bases...create campaigns on those platforms to find new donors
3. They should use the student/athletes they invest in to make calls during the summer months to potential donors.
Bigschtick
Riptide

arkhou02 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:55 pm To each their own!
I am with you. Until I see some hint of a commitment to improving athletics , I am holding off.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
arkhou02
Surge

austxwave wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:25 pm Look, i'm not going to disregard their efforts. I appreciate that the FTW Collective was created and stepped up when there was a need. But they really need to get their shit together.

1. I offered my help 3X and with never a response.
2. I've donated several times using the donation option on their website and yet i'm not on some kind of mailing list.
3. My last donation was last week when I saw they were starting a campaign for baseball. I donated $500 by going to their website and using their dedicated donation platform. Now I see there is a different platform for this!

I'm not butt hurt that they clearly don't want to respond to my offer to help. I don't even care that my recent donation doesn't count towards the matching campaign. What I do care about is that things could be handled in a more organized fashion.

1. They should be capturing the contact information of every donor so they can target them for various campaigns.
2. They should utilize facebook and instagram to market to alums in cities with large alumni bases...create campaigns on those platforms to find new donors
3. They should use the student/athletes they invest in to make calls during the summer months to potential donors.
Hiring Kelly would have been a start. He is already doing significant work with Houston. They don’t have the capabilities in place, in other words the right people. Why, they are cheap.
arkhou02
Surge

I don’t like the SEC, but they warned us 10 years ago the P5 was going to break away. Ten years and we are still playing catch up. We did nothing. Now let’s donate to stay in the conversation. I don’t agree. Tulane had 10 years. SMU picked up the phone the minute the smoke signs appeared. They were getting out as quick as possible. You see it now in their football recruiting. It is so disappointing how Tulane handled this entire situation.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:48 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:55 pm To each their own!
I am with you. Until I see some hint of a commitment to improving athletics , I am holding off.
I am so curious to understand why a FTW donation correlates to the administration’s investments. I am really truly trying to understand, like others I presume.
sslatten
Low Tide

They do not correlate. One benefits the student athletes and our ability to recruit players to help our programs. No matter what happens with the NCAA going forward, we will have an opportunity to compete for a NC in the big 3 sports in 2024-25, and that takes players. and getting players takes NIL $$$. LSU bought a NC in baseball in 2023, and so can any team.
sslatten
Low Tide

Still a good ways to go to help us reach our goal.

If you're willing and able, any amount donated would be greatly appreciated by our baseball program.
NSWaveFan
Ripple

sslatten wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:41 pm They do not correlate. One benefits the student athletes and our ability to recruit players to help our programs. No matter what happens with the NCAA going forward, we will have an opportunity to compete for a NC in the big 3 sports in 2024-25, and that takes players. and getting players takes NIL $$$. LSU bought a NC in baseball in 2023, and so can any team.
Do not forget about KEEPING/rewarding good players as well. They would like a piece of that pie - and don't think they aren't hearing from other schools/players with good offers.
Supporting the Athletes- reading the squabbles for entertainment
arkhou02
Surge

Mr. Slatten, for a fan base that is completely tapped out and fed up with the administration where would our dollars benefit the most long term? Is there even going to be a long-term? What is the the University doing currently to position us for athletics in the future? How many more years will we be competing with the have nots? Give the fanbase some direction before asking for any money. Is there even a plan?