NIL Tampering and how it’s done in CFB

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We saw this with Wes Fritz in a sense when he knew he was leaving for Houston. These coaches start to follow other teams players on social media and/or like their posts on Instagram at some point during the season. This allows the players to know there’s interest from another school. The player then once in the portal begins talks with the coach that recently followed them on Twitter (X) or liked their post on other social media apps. And so it begins. There’s a entire list of ways tampering has been happening in this article that is just one of many.
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/548490 ... ed_article
You can follow a kid on Instagram, you can like his stuff. You know if he’s liking your stuff back that he likes you, or if you follow him on Twitter and he follows you back — the kid is not dumb, that’s happening for a reason. Back a few years ago when people weren’t tampering as much, that’s the way you did it — hey, he followed me back! This could happen. Then sometimes the kids will just DM you and tell you they’re going in. I think there are some schools that straight up just call the kid, text them, talk to them. It’s reckless.
Greedy parents want NIL money also.
There are absolutely kids going into the portal that don’t want to go into the portal, but the parents orchestrate it. And a big thing now is (collectives giving) a separate NIL stipend for parents to go to the games. Because that gets expensive. You can get a situation where the player gets a certain amount of money, but the parents take a big chunk out of it, so now it’s a big thing for the parents to get a separate NIL stipend. And that’s a big thing for the kids, because the parents are a big influencer.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No need for a new thread. This is the same stuff that was in lantern's post with the athletic article.

viewtopic.php?t=14433&start=50
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I want my damn money, and daddy needs a job
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... awsuit-nil
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:49 am I want my damn money, and daddy needs a job
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... awsuit-nil
He’ll probably win if it was in writing.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981