UTSA Sweeps Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

rollinggreen wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:29 pm Keep living on your 7 game win streak. I have plenty to sa y after watching Tulane athletics for 55 years. I know plenty and this is a sandlot team with a softball coach.
OK, expert. Maybe you should be the coach. I'm not going to argue about something so stupid. You call a 15-13 team "sandlot" while claiming you only occasionally monitor through Gametracker. Now you say Uhlman is a softball coach. That doesn't even make any sense. I will leave to others to evaluate your opinion. Enjoy being angry the rest of the season.

rollinggreen
High Tide

Seems to me you stand alone on this board. Your damn right I am angry. I have watched every regional, Super regional and world series the Wave have participated in. This product is a crap show and you will see it unfold the rest of the season. I am done with you.
Wave755
Tsunami

:D Misery loves company, this weekend ‘dem Tigggers were swept by Arkansas.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:45 pm :D Misery loves company, this weekend ‘dem Tigggers were swept by Arkansas.
Always good news!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:49 pm
rollinggreen wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:29 pm Keep living on your 7 game win streak. I have plenty to sa y after watching Tulane athletics for 55 years. I know plenty and this is a sandlot team with a softball coach.
OK, expert. Maybe you should be the coach. I'm not going to argue about something so stupid. You call a 15-13 team "sandlot" while claiming you only occasionally monitor through Gametracker. Now you say Uhlman is a softball coach. That doesn't even make any sense. I will leave to others to evaluate your opinion. Enjoy being angry the rest of the season.
I find it ironic that you tell him to “Enjoy being angry the rest of the season.” I guess by that you mean the poor play will continue so he should have plenty to be angry about the rest of the season.@
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
exflash
High Tide

Cajuns sweep….now 10 in a row with last loss I think to the Greenies…Louisiana looks to be peaking…maybe too soon!
Pepper
Swell

UTSA was better than I first thought, and we are not as good as well. UTSA actually has better talent than us. We have some glaring deficiencies that other schools have exploited a lot lately. Bottom line, we are young, and the older players have regressed. The catching situation is beyond belief. The pressure on the pitching staff to not let anyone get on base due to every walk turning into a double is quite apparent. Banks is in a real slump and it's now between the ears. I do not know whether they changed his approach at the plate or swing but early in the season he was swinging early, then he started taking pitches, now who knows. I'd move him to the 9 hole and start bunting him just to get the ball in play.

Hopefully, we recruiting will kick up.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:16 am UTSA was better than I first thought, and we are not as good as well. UTSA actually has better talent than us. We have some glaring deficiencies that other schools have exploited a lot lately. Bottom line, we are young, and the older players have regressed. The catching situation is beyond belief. The pressure on the pitching staff to not let anyone get on base due to every walk turning into a double is quite apparent. Banks is in a real slump and it's now between the ears. I do not know whether they changed his approach at the plate or swing but early in the season he was swinging early, then he started taking pitches, now who knows. I'd move him to the 9 hole and start bunting him just to get the ball in play.

Ron Swoboda analyzed his swing, said that he is early on the curve ball and late on the fastball. And he said has two different swings for each pitch.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:53 am
Pepper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:16 am UTSA was better than I first thought, and we are not as good as well. UTSA actually has better talent than us. We have some glaring deficiencies that other schools have exploited a lot lately. Bottom line, we are young, and the older players have regressed. The catching situation is beyond belief. The pressure on the pitching staff to not let anyone get on base due to every walk turning into a double is quite apparent. Banks is in a real slump and it's now between the ears. I do not know whether they changed his approach at the plate or swing but early in the season he was swinging early, then he started taking pitches, now who knows. I'd move him to the 9 hole and start bunting him just to get the ball in play.

Ron Swoboda analyzed his swing, said that he is early on the curve ball and late on the fastball. And he said has two different swings for each pitch.
Wow. Sounds like he is guessing on the pitch before it is thrown.
Greeniegb
Swell

Need Hitting coach ASAP, when you have hitters like Banks and Linn going hot and cold it is the job of the hitting coach to analyze and troubleshoot what is happening. Big issue when a hitter like Banks can completely fall off the wall and the hitting coach can't pick him up, that is a big problem!!! Talent is there consistency is not points directly at coaching!!!

Hire Swoboda as hitting coach!!!
Last edited by Greeniegb on Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

Also need a new pitching coach, and a new head coach.
TURVS71
Swell

So, is UTSA that goo

or

are we that bad.

75 % Us
25% Them
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

TURVS71 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:19 pm So, is UTSA that goo

or

are we that bad.

75 % Us
25% Them
A bit of both. They can certainly hit the ball. Just beat conference top dog ECU 2/3

We are at best a middling team. I’ll watch the conference tournament to see if we catch lightning in a bottle again, but otherwise I’m losing interest
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:53 am

Ron also said he (Banks) does not appear to be ready for the pitch. In this era of the pitch clock, Banks is casually getting into the batter’s box between pitches and doesn’t seem ready.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm not close enough to the program to know how good/bad a coach Ulhman is. But not making the pitching adjustments against UCI was not a good sign, and getting swept by a mediocre UTSA team doesn't tell me a lot. But I agree, if you don't watch the games, and only check in on gametracker from time to time, your assessment of the coach as a "softball coach" is meaningless to this Tulane fan. Ignorance is easily defined by contempt prior to investigation.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
rollinggreen
High Tide

Well you should know ignorance. Everything you just said was ignorant. I am done with you too.
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:13 am
I'm not close enough to the program to know how good/bad a coach Ulhman is. But not making the pitching adjustments against UCI was not a good sign, and getting swept by a mediocre UTSA team doesn't tell me a lot. But I agree, if you don't watch the games, and only check in on gametracker from time to time, your assessment of the coach as a "softball coach" is meaningless to this Tulane fan. Ignorance is easily defined by contempt prior to investigation.
I do not think UTSA is mediocre. I believe we might be in that category.
NSWaveFan
Ripple

Most of the pitchers are doing a good job. Certainly too many walks and HBP. but that may be a case of trying to do too much up there. Defense has let them down more than a few times. Additionally, if a pitcher gives up a run or two, it really applies the pressure since the offense is anemic - usually until the 5th or 6th innings.

UTSA seemed to have a great approach to hitting the ball - not swinging for the fences, but getting it in play often. They had a bunch of two strike hits in that series. They choke up and swing more defensively. Look at the batting averages of the entire team .315 compared to opponents .271. (Tulane BA = .266) They have scored 40 more runs than given up so far in the season. That is offense.
Supporting the Athletes- reading the squabbles for entertainment