Tulane in the new Metro 8

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

SEC and Big 10 split off this would be a good scenario for the others.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 pm SEC and Big 10 split off this would be a good scenario for the others.
We would go back to playing the same teams we've been playing off and on for the last 30 years.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:24 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 pm SEC and Big 10 split off this would be a good scenario for the others.
We would go back to playing the same teams we've been playing off and on for the last 30 years.
Yes. That would be a little better than what we have now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

More than a little better!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:51 pm
will never happen....Kansas and most probably K-State will be off to the big10 or the SEC... Memphis State, USF, USA (U San Antonio) and an outside shot of Tulane will be in the big12.... UNC, FSU, Clemson ain't goin nowhere, the courts will rule in the ACC's favor...and the big12 will hate it, because they wanted L'ville to be playmates with WVA and Cincy
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm sorry, 'nut, but despite the population of San Antonio, UTSA is not getting into a PEE the next go-round. There's really not a lot more that UTSA offers other than a big TV market of viewers who are mostly disinterested in UTSA athletics. I know you love your Texas Schools but the rest of the country couldn't care less about UTSA, if they even know they exist. I could be wrong, but I just don't see an conference commissioner being applauded for announcing expansion plans that include the University of Texas at San Antonio.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 pm I'm sorry, 'nut, but despite the population of San Antonio, UTSA is not getting into a PEE the next go-round. There's really not a lot more that UTSA offers other than a big TV market of viewers who are mostly disinterested in UTSA athletics. I know you love your Texas Schools but the rest of the country couldn't care less about UTSA, if they even know they exist. I could be wrong, but I just don't see an conference commissioner being applauded for announcing expansion plans that include the University of Texas at San Antonio.
that is why the name will be changing to USA...and the big12 could care less what the rest of the people think, just the people who write contracts for media coverage...SA is the number 31 market....if people gave a krap fo what others in the USA think, why is UConn always mentioned, or UCF or USF nothing more than directional schools like UTSA, hell rename UTSA, "South Texas U"....it's all about markets, which is why the AAC went after Rice, now how many across America gives a krap about Rice atheltics....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I will agree to disagree.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:34 am I will agree to disagree.
I agree. It's giving UTSA credit for a TV market in which almost no one is watching UTSA. It's like promoting UNO because of the New Orleans TV market.
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:51 pm
This would be significantly better than what we have now.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:07 am
I agree. It's giving UTSA credit for a TV market in which almost no one is watching UTSA. It's like promoting UNO because of the New Orleans TV market.
UTSA's 2023 home attendance average was over 28,000 which would be considered sell outs at Yulman...what do U think that average would be playing @ home against Baylor, UH, TCU, Tx Tech, Ok State ?
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:41 am
UTSA's 2023 home attendance average was over 28,000 which would be considered sell outs at Yulman...what do U think that average would be playing @ home against Baylor, UH, TCU, Tx Tech, Ok State ?
Again, no one really knows, but it's been stated here before that it's about facilities. UTSA plays in an off-campus stadium, which is not desirable. They also have a 2600 seat basketball place with walls behind the goals.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

UTSA also announces ticket sales like most other programs. I know the Alamodome looked like there were plenty of good seats available whenever I’ve seen them play. The lower bowl was about 1/4 full. And I also know their tv ratings, for a program that’s won so many games the past few years, suck. They didn’t even draw a million viewers to their bowl game with little other sports events opposing their time slot.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:45 am
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:41 am

Again, no one really knows, but it's been stated here before that it's about facilities. UTSA plays in an off-campus stadium, which is not desirable. They also have a 2600 seat basketball place with walls behind the goals.
if UTSA gets into the big12, basketball will be played at Frost Bank arena...baseball at Missions park until the on campus site is expanded and renovated...and yeah, they play football at the Alamodome....and I would like ot see the TV ratings when OSU, Tech, and other big 12 schools come to SA...and UTSA has one other thing going for it...a city governemnt that is willing to help, not hinder their cause...and of course the number of national and regional corporations that call SA home