Hunter sez's

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14278
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

anEngineer wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:27 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am If all is silent on the "Ferret Front" by Monday...we are stuck with Hunter
What is the reason for your deadline?
Stockton will have had her moment, and a clear signal to recruits and to perspective HC's that Tulane is hiring


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14278
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

from rummah control :
When McNeese is eliminated from the ncaa tournament, Will Wade will be introduced as the new coach at Vandy
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2940
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:19 pm from rummah control :
When McNeese is eliminated from the ncaa tournament, Will Wade will be introduced as the new coach at Vandy
Let's make that us instead .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14278
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:19 pm from rummah control :
When McNeese is eliminated from the ncaa tournament, Will Wade will be introduced as the new coach at Vandy
Let's make that us instead .
Wade is not commin' to NOLA....Vandy is home for him and his family...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 2403
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:22 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:19 pm from rummah control :
When McNeese is eliminated from the ncaa tournament, Will Wade will be introduced as the new coach at Vandy
Let's make that us instead .
Wade is not commin' to NOLA....Vandy is home for him and his family...
As if that’s the biggest reason.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
All come before family.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14278
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:52 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:22 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm

Let's make that us instead .
Wade is not commin' to NOLA....Vandy is home for him and his family...
As if that’s the biggest reason.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
All come before family.
and Vandy has mo' money then Tulane....or they are willing to spend mo' money than Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9893
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:19 pm from rummah control :
When McNeese is eliminated from the ncaa tournament, Will Wade will be introduced as the new coach at Vandy
Well, that would be now.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

He's not going to Vandy IMO. He's going to look for a legit program where he can win big.
TerryD101
Low Tide
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:48 pm
Status: Offline

I think he could be a Kentucky guy. Calipari choking again and his LSU background
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2940
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Is Hunter still MIA ?

Are there any rumors ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm
Status: Offline

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:03 pm Is Hunter still MIA ?

Are there any rumors ?
He’s working on his golf swing
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2940
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Bryce Drew at Grand Canyon would be a great replacement .

He's been great since being fired by Vanderbilt .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

meanwhile, hunter, who finished 1 game off better with our best mostly senior talent in decades, now sees all aac teams lose first round in nit and ncaa tourneys. looks like aac was not good this year contrary to what others were saying
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:03 pm Is Hunter still MIA ?

Are there any rumors ?
Heavily recruiting, has some brockbuster news coming with transfers and college signees!!! Not dumb if he has high profile commitments Harris can't fire him or will lose commitments, Securing his job!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 6275
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

With FSU and Clemson on their way out of the ACC, if we don’t fix Bball right now, it could be our last chance to escape the sinking G5 titanic.
Hunter is a good man but it is clear he is not the solution.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 am
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:03 pm Is Hunter still MIA ?

Are there any rumors ?
Heavily recruiting, has some brockbuster news coming with transfers and college signees!!! Not dumb if he has high profile commitments Harris can't fire him or will lose commitments, Securing his job!!!
Retaining a coach because you’re afraid of players leaving and losing commitments is a strategy that has worked 0% of the time
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:48 am
Greeniegb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 am
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:03 pm Is Hunter still MIA ?

Are there any rumors ?
Heavily recruiting, has some brockbuster news coming with transfers and college signees!!! Not dumb if he has high profile commitments Harris can't fire him or will lose commitments, Securing his job!!!
Retaining a coach because you’re afraid of players leaving and losing commitments is a strategy that has worked 0% of the time
+1
TerryD101
Low Tide
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:48 pm
Status: Offline

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am Bryce Drew at Grand Canyon would be a great replacement .

He's been great since being fired by Vanderbilt .
I said that 2 weeks ago and got shit on. I'm in agreement on this hire
krueman green
Ripple
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:50 pm
Status: Offline

UNT beat lswho in first rd. of NIT in B.R. .
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

krueman green wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:06 pm UNT beat lswho in first rd. of NIT in B.R. .
I forgot-Still AAC sucks
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14278
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Hunter has been spotted...standing at the entry of the Transfer portal, holding a "Help Wanted" sign
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3419
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:52 pm
Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:48 am

Retaining a coach because you’re afraid of players leaving and losing commitments is a strategy that has worked 0% of the time
+1
+2 Who are these young players that we are afraid might leave? And if we are to be fearful of their departure, why didn't we see them on the court this season?
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DrBox wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:39 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:52 pm
Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:48 am

Retaining a coach because you’re afraid of players leaving and losing commitments is a strategy that has worked 0% of the time
+1
+2 Who are these young players that we are afraid might leave? And if we are to be fearful of their departure, why didn't we see them on the court this season?
Before shooting your mouth, check the roster some high-quality players were on the bench this season will play next year. That is just Hunter's way. He limits who he plays just like keeping Daniels on the bench too much!!! Check out the young guys waiting for their chance.. Behind the scenes Hunter made big commitments to play Forbes and Cross as much as he did so they would return to school.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1935
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 am
DrBox wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:39 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:52 pm

+1
+2 Who are these young players that we are afraid might leave? And if we are to be fearful of their departure, why didn't we see them on the court this season?
Before shooting your mouth, check the roster some high-quality players were on the bench this season will play next year. That is just Hunter's way. He limits who he plays just like keeping Daniels on the bench too much!!! Check out the young guys waiting for their chance.. Behind the scenes Hunter made big commitments to play Forbes and Cross as much as he did so they would return to school.
High quality players on the bench like who? Name em.
Forbes and Cross played so much as a necessity. We had nothing else
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24991
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 am
DrBox wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:39 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:52 pm

+1
+2 Who are these young players that we are afraid might leave? And if we are to be fearful of their departure, why didn't we see them on the court this season?
Before shooting your mouth, check the roster some high-quality players were on the bench this season will play next year. That is just Hunter's way. He limits who he plays just like keeping Daniels on the bench too much!!! Check out the young guys waiting for their chance.. Behind the scenes Hunter made big commitments to play Forbes and Cross as much as he did so they would return to school.
ABSOLUTELY WRONG! AS USUAL! They have always played a lot of minutes because Hunter insist on only playing 6 or 7 players in the rotation. After the China trip where he did actually play more players in the rotation Forbes said he wished Hunter would stick to that in the upcoming season. FACT!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Post Reply