Hunter sez's

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Blame it all on China, I gotta blame sumbody or sumthin'
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/what ... fca45.html
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
rollinggreen
High Tide

Pathetic.
Jaxwave
Swell

Of course, the trip to China forced him to play his top guys the whole game all year even in the pitiful OOC games. Is it any wonder they couldn’t finish games in conference? I have never seen a worse plan to win a NCAA bid than the Hunter plan.
1. Play stars until they drop
2. Play a zone D that gives up layups and 3 pt shots at ease
3. Play without a big man to help eliminate the aforementioned easy drives to the basket as well as putbacks
4. Play an offense with 4 guys spread around the three pt line with weak shooters.
5. Schedule patsies that will not identify your team’s weaknesses nor prepare them for conference play.
6. Ignore HS recruiting just about completely.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The China trip ended on August the 6th. Our first regular season game was three months later on 11-6. If Harris can't see through this BS God help us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Citypark
Ripple

This coach is a joke who thinks who thinks we are as dumb as he is a pathetic basketball mentor. Who could possibly buy that bs justification for his failure over the last five years.

After FIVE years of the Hunter building program, the result is last place in a weak conference. Notice the other universities who are making basketball changes with coaches with much more success than Comedian/ Coach Hunter.

I am still waiting for him to walk on water.

What a clown!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:27 am Of course, the trip to China forced him to play his top guys the whole game all year even in the pitiful OOC games. Is it any wonder they couldn’t finish games in conference? I have never seen a worse plan to win a NCAA bid than the Hunter plan.
1. Play stars until they drop
2. Play a zone D that gives up layups and 3 pt shots at ease
3. Play without a big man to help eliminate the aforementioned easy drives to the basket as well as putbacks
4. Play an offense with 4 guys spread around the three pt line with weak shooters.
5. Schedule patsies that will not identify your team’s weaknesses nor prepare them for conference play.
6. Ignore HS recruiting just about completely.
A very good list of deficiencies, but don’t forget that he also refuses to coach how to block out and go after any rebounds—offense or defense.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

“We didn’t even practice hard for the conference tournament”

“I just need to work on my Golf swing”

Why wasn’t Hunter fired immediately after this interview? Nothing but excuses. Pitiful
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:34 am “We didn’t even practice hard for the conference tournament”

Why wasn’t Hunter fired immediately after this interview? Nothing but excuses. Pitiful
I challenge Hunter to a golf contest...18 holes, no mulligans, no handicap strokes....I win he resigns...he wins and TPS pays his slary for a year !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If Hunter gets accused of playing Forbes through injuries and ruining a potential NBA career, it won't be the first time in his career. He wore out his welcome in basketball circles in Atlanta for doing that and more with a few players. Some accusations include withholding scouting information that would have led to a player declaring for the NBA draft. It's bad enough that he doesn't coach up the talent he attracts, but he sometimes hurts their development.

That trip was an opportunity to bond, grow and expand the rotation. It says a lot that none of that seemed to have occurred on what most programs would have called a tremendous opportunity. The fact that it wasn't a growing experience should send a message to Harris as loud as the last place finish in the conference.

If we're going to be serious about getting into a PEE, Hunter needs to go NOW. He's a joke, and a bad joke at that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 am
Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:34 am “We didn’t even practice hard for the conference tournament”

I challenge Hunter to a golf contest...18 holes, no mulligans, no handicap strokes....I win he resigns...he wins and TPS pays his slary for a year !
💰💰💰💰🤔🤔
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:15 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 am

💰💰💰💰🤔🤔
I amend my challege... I win, he resigns....he wins and Troy Dannen pays his salary
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

This interview is damning. Gotta go. Let's get it done.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Hunter needs to go. There's a good article in today's The Athletic about Will Wade, who many here want to be the next coach. I don't know that we can compete with some of the offers he's likely to receive, or that the BOA would consider him. But you will want to read it if you're a Will Wade fan.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

I've gotten to see what Will Wade has done here closely at McNeese going to several games and having my nephew work with the team. He would instantly bring Tulane to the NCAA tournament next season, but unfortunately he won't sniff this job unless he wants to stay in the state. I think he stays at McNeese for one more year while holding out for a strong power conference job. He said McNeese is the easier non-P job to take to take the NCAA tournament.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:16 pm This interview is damning. Gotta go. Let's get it done.
Almost as damning as his preseason interview where he reclined back on the couch. Both interviews reflect an arrogance despite his Tulane track record and coaching inadequacies. We could keep Hunter til the end of time and nothing will change--so why wait?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:47 pm
greenie78 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:16 pm This interview is damning. Gotta go. Let's get it done.
Almost as damning as his preseason interview where he reclined back on the couch. Both interviews reflect an arrogance despite his Tulane track record and coaching inadequacies. We could keep Hunter til the end of time and nothing will change--so why wait?
True Dat!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

How on earth does this guy still have a job
JerseyWave
Riptide

He’s a used car salesman. He’s given Tulane a lemon!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

OUG wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 pm How on earth does this guy still have a job
Great question, that only David Harris can answer at this point.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:37 am He’s a used car salesman. He’s given Tulane a lemon!
Dannen bought us the lemon--Hunter is the lemon.
mbissanti
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:12 am
JerseyWave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:37 am He’s a used car salesman. He’s given Tulane a lemon!
maybe dannon should bring hunter to nebraska and kill that program
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbissanti wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:29 am
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:12 am
maybe dannon should bring hunter to nebraska and kill that program
I'd love that. But it would take longer than we would like, since Nebraska is a #8 seed in the South Region of the Big Dance. If their coach were to move on, I have no doubt that Dannen will bring a "Lemon to Lincoln".
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If all is silent on the "Ferret Front" by Monday...we are stuck with Hunter
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am If all is silent on the "Ferret Front" by Monday...we are stuck with Hunter
What is the reason for your deadline?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am If all is silent on the "Ferret Front" by Monday...we are stuck with Hunter
And fans will have been Tulaned again.