Spring Practice-2024

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbissanti wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:53 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:49 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm
Don't even try to suggest that any poster on this board pimps any player the way that you prostrate yourself and pimp for Horton. It's beyond weird.
Facts are facts, you and others said disregard Kai's high school career, what has he done on the collegiate level. Now as you pip Ty from day one you disregarded his college career as a lifetime backup and mop up time quarterback without a single college football game start, that is fact Houston!!! What have you done lately, the boy has not started a single college game in 3 years, if anyone is pimping its you and his worshipers based on his high school not his college career. Keep pimping and I will call you out!!!

Competition Continues may the best Quarterback win and as history has proven they both will be valuable to the team!!!
is this real or satire?
It's real for gbg. It's madness for the rest of us.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Phat is back and so is spring practice:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... 492ac.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cyrustruth123
Trickle

Heard some things back in the area I am from that we are getting a big/long wideout from Bama. Hayden Neighbors. 6'4 205 pounds. Visited the Campus a few weeks back. His family has a long bloodline of stud football players. Craddock and Sumrall love his tape.
Greeniegb
Swell

cyrustruth123 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:17 pm Heard some things back in the area I am from that we are getting a big/long wideout from Bama. Hayden Neighbors. 6'4 205 pounds. Visited the Campus a few weeks back. His family has a long bloodline of stud football players. Craddock and Sumrall love his tape.

Alabama flag waving inside Georgia Dome for 2016 SEC title gameJohn David Mercer - USA Today Sports
The University of Alabama football program sees another walk-on player enter the NCAA transfer portal.

Hayden Neighbors, a wide receiver, follows tight end Charlie Skehan out of Tuscaloosa, Ala.

RELATED: Alabama walk-on TE enters NCAA transfer portal after four seasons
Neighbors, a Huntsville (Ala.) native, chose the Crimson Tide from Huntsville High School in the 2022 recruiting class.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder performed well on the scout team in practice for two years, giving Alabama’s defense quality looks for its opponents. Neighbors has two Southeastern Conference Championship rings, including one from the 2023 season. He was also on the Crimson Tide’s Allstate Sugar Bowl team in 2022.
arkhou02
High Tide

arkhou02
High Tide

Wonder how CB will filter out. Currently we have -

Micah Robinson (transferring in after spring ball)
Jai Eugene
Lu Tillery
Jayden Lewis
Jahiem Johnson
Rayshawn Pleasant
Joshua Moore
DK McGruder
Armani Cargo
Kionte Curry
Chase Green
E’zaiah Shine

Hard to believe we are still looking for a CB with the abundance of potential on the roster already. Development within might be better than spending more NIL. Wonder who will be the top 4 to emerge.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:47 pm Nice report by FTW -

https://open.substack.com/pub/fearthewa ... medium=web
Thanks for the link, it's a good read. Both QB's playing well is a good problem to have.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The rest of you have zero semblance of being a college athlete. Literally nothing.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eugene is looking good. Tillery is starting with him for now. Johnson was looking good. A little dinged up and will be back soon. I have been asking for us to use roll outs for a long time and we finally are using them. Barnes is in better shape and running well. We still need to find a PK.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm
arkhou02 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:47 pm Nice report by FTW -

https://open.substack.com/pub/fearthewa ... medium=web
Thanks for the link, it's a good read. Both QB's playing well is a good problem to have.
:D :D :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Three man race:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... bd679.html

I really like Sumrall and he has been a breath of fresh air with how forthcoming he is since he got here. I like Mensah and I think he has a good future in front of him but this one is just coach speak. Barring injury this is a two man race.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Horton's interception was bad. He threw it right to the defender. There wasn't a receiver there. Not sure what he was thinking there. Thompson's was batted but more importantly it hit the ground before the defender got a hold of it. The refs huddled but if there was replay it would have been overturned.
TerryD101
Low Tide

Is Max Bowman in the portal? My son texted me, but I don't see anything official!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TerryD101 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:00 pm Is Max Bowman in the portal? My son texted me, but I don't see anything official!
Old news
Why did you put this in a FB thread?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

Neither Horton nor Thompson have stood out so far which is given Mensah a chance to compete with them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's a two man race between Ty and Kai without a doubt. Mensah has gotten some reps with the ones b/c of the rotation but most of his snaps have been against the back-ups that are way down the depth chart.
TerryD101
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 pm
TerryD101 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:00 pm Is Max Bowman in the portal? My son texted me, but I don't see anything official!
Old news
Why did you put this in a FB thread?
My bad kind sir! Getting him confused with Alex. Please forgive me and no more beatings
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was in the portal but came back. He's out injured.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Two newbies turning heads:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/shaz ... 1ed16.html

Nicholas did maintain a block downfield helping Shaadie get more yardage on a long run play.