Spring Practice-2024

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:54 pm Good match:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/meet ... c6e6f.html
Like about throwing deep two quarterbacks that can hum it down field, question is time to throw. a good coach that mixes it up with play action, screens can give any quarterback time to throw and make a weak line look strong by confusing the defense rush.
arkhou02
High Tide

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:42 am

Like about throwing deep two quarterbacks that can hum it down field, question is time to throw. a good coach that mixes it up with play action, screens can give any quarterback time to throw and make a weak line look strong by confusing the defense rush.
Having Ty as our starter will solve so many problems.
Greeniegb
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:53 pm

Lol, you haven't seen Kai and Sumrall chumming it up laughing while Ty is in the background frowning pictures say a million words!!!
mbissanti
Surge

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 am

Lol, you haven't seen Kai and Sumrall chumming it up laughing while Ty is in the background frowning pictures say a million words!!!
This is getting crazy.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yes, Ty is frowning because he's not medically ready so he's not participating. With such a huge head start, if Kai doesn't win the job, it will clearly be because Ty is the better QB. And yes, Newman, we know that your opinion, my opinion, and everyone else's on this board doesn't matter. Coach Sumrall will start the QB that gives the Green Wave the best chance to win.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:54 am

Yes, Ty is frowning because he's not medically ready so he's not participating. With such a huge head start, if Kai doesn't win the job, it will clearly be because Ty is the better QB. And yes, Newman, we know that your opinion, my opinion, and everyone else's on this board doesn't matter. Coach Sumrall will start the QB that gives the Green Wave the best chance to win.
DUH, Duh, lol
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:58 am

DUH, Duh, lol
If's it Duh Duh, then why do you keep pimping for Kai?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:31 pm

DUH, Duh, lol
Facts if I am pimping for Horton you and others are Pimping for Thompson are you blind to see that, my responses are in reply to those like you ignoring someone that made a tough choice to come back and compete versus a new comer the best man will win we all know that but when those like you ignore Thompson's college record vs high school record I will call you out the same reasoning that made those attack Kai for his college vs high school record.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

To be clear Ty Thompson is practicing in full now.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 pm To be clear Ty Thompson is practicing in full now.
Great, love competition, If the past two years have taught us we need at least two good quarterbacks we need a third one to step up also,

QB competition from "Fear the Wave" after two weeks three-way battle according to Sumrall!!!

Emerging Team Leaders

Kai Horton (QB, R-Jr.): For the second week in a row, I was impressed by Kai Horton. From my experience, Kai is more humble and reserved off the field, always saying and doing what you want from your quarterback. As soon as he steps on the field, however, he becomes an entirely different person, and I mean that in the best way possible. Kai is extremely confident but not arrogant. He knows how to light a fire under the team when needed and is one of the most competitive athletes I have ever been around. He understands the playbook and makes frequent checks at the line of scrimmage, even in seven-on-seven. Expect Kai to make a substantial jump this season, if/when called upon.

On Monday, Coach Sumrall re-affirmed that all three of Ty Thompson, Kai Horton, and Darian Mensah are in the mix at quarterback, and cautioned strongly against sleeping on any member in that group. Mensah has clearly made strides from last August, and Thompson looks healthy after he suffered a minor foot injury that was followed by a clean-up procedure, earlier this spring.
Last edited by Greeniegb on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Reading the entries in this thread brings to mind something Abraham Lincoln once posted on the Intenet:
On a sports forum, It is better to lurk and be thought a fool than to continually post nonsense and remove all doubt.
wave97
Swell

We won’t really know how well our QB’s process things in under 3 seconds. We won’t know until the first two games.
Greeniegb
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:02 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 pm To be clear Ty Thompson is practicing in full now.
Great, love competition, If the past two years have taught us we need at least two good quarterbacks we need a third one to step up also,

QB competition from "Fear the Wave" after two weeks three-way battle according to Sumrall!!!

Emerging Team Leaders

Kai Horton (QB, R-Jr.): For the second week in a row, I was impressed by Kai Horton. From my experience, Kai is more humble and reserved off the field, always saying and doing what you want from your quarterback. As soon as he steps on the field, however, he becomes an entirely different person, and I mean that in the best way possible. Kai is extremely confident but not arrogant. He knows how to light a fire under the team when needed and is one of the most competitive athletes I have ever been around. He understands the playbook and makes frequent checks at the line of scrimmage, even in seven-on-seven. Expect Kai to make a substantial jump this season, if/when called upon.

On Monday, Coach Sumrall re-affirmed that all three of Ty Thompson, Kai Horton, and Darian Mensah are in the mix at quarterback, and cautioned strongly against sleeping on any member in that group. Mensah has clearly made strides from last August, and Thompson looks healthy after he suffered a minor foot injury that was followed by a clean-up procedure, earlier this spring.
Competition Continues!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

If Mensah is progressing that well, and Thompson wins the job this spring, don't be surprised if Kai jumps back into the portal next month.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm Reading the entries in this thread brings to mind something Abraham Lincoln once posted on the Intenet:
On a sports forum, It is better to lurk and be thought a fool than to continually post nonsense and remove all doubt.
Exactly! This GB character is basically ruining every thread!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Greeniegb
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:38 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm Reading the entries in this thread brings to mind something Abraham Lincoln once posted on the Intenet:
Exactly! This GB character is basically ruining every thread!
Facts only facts, and objective reporting, fair and balanced!!!
Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:36 pm If Mensah is progressing that well, and Thompson wins the job this spring, don't be surprised if Kai jumps back into the portal next month.
Also, true if Kai wins, Thompson may hit the portal again, remember teammates support team mates lst, Thompson comes in as an outsider, so he has his work cut out!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:36 pm

DUH, Duh, lol
Facts if I am pimping for Horton you and others are Pimping for Thompson are you blind to see that, my responses are in reply to those like you ignoring someone that made a tough choice to come back and compete versus a new comer the best man will win we all know that but when those like you ignore Thompson's college record vs high school record I will call you out the same reasoning that made those attack Kai for his college vs high school record.
Don't even try to suggest that any poster on this board pimps any player the way that you prostrate yourself and pimp for Horton. It's beyond weird.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm
Don't even try to suggest that any poster on this board pimps any player the way that you prostrate yourself and pimp for Horton. It's beyond weird.
Facts are facts, you and others said disregard Kai's high school career, what has he done on the collegiate level. Now as you pip Ty from day one you disregarded his college career as a lifetime backup and mop up time quarterback without a single college football game start, that is fact Houston!!! What have you done lately, the boy has not started a single college game in 3 years, if anyone is pimping its you and his worshipers based on his high school not his college career. Keep pimping and I will call you out!!!

Competition Continues may the best Quarterback win and as history has proven they both will be valuable to the team!!!
mbissanti
Surge

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:49 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm

Facts are facts, you and others said disregard Kai's high school career, what has he done on the collegiate level. Now as you pip Ty from day one you disregarded his college career as a lifetime backup and mop up time quarterback without a single college football game start, that is fact Houston!!! What have you done lately, the boy has not started a single college game in 3 years, if anyone is pimping its you and his worshipers based on his high school not his college career. Keep pimping and I will call you out!!!

Competition Continues may the best Quarterback win and as history has proven they both will be valuable to the team!!!
is this real or satire?
arkhou02
High Tide

I’m hearing Thompson & Mensah are in a tight battle for #1. May the best man win.
Greeniegb
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:23 pm I’m hearing Thompson & Mensah are in a tight battle for #1. May the best man win.
HA HA, in your dreams dude, Thompson just started with his injury, you are such pathetic jokers, I am no fool for your shannanigans, keep pimping Thompson, lol

Facts pimp!!! On Monday, Coach Sumrall re-affirmed that all three of Ty Thompson, Kai Horton, and Darian Mensah are in the mix at quarterback, and cautioned strongly against sleeping on any member in that group. Mensah has clearly made strides from last August, and Thompson looks healthy after he suffered a minor foot injury that was followed by a clean-up procedure, earlier this spring.

Facts from "Fear the Wave" not your unreliable sources, I use Sumrall and Fear the Wave as my sources!!!
Emerging Team Leaders

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What Newman thinks as “pimping” Mensah or Thompson is any comment that is complementary of either one. He takes those as insults to his boy Kai. I know I don’t really care which one wins, so long as whoever wins is successful. But the shit we’ve had thrown at us by Newman since Kai got on campus makes it difficult to look past his posts and still root for Horton. If Horton ever transferred the college he goes to better be ready for a package deal. Horton comes with Newman and Newman’s definition of “Facts” which isn’t found in any dictionary.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:17 pm What Newman thinks as “pimping” Mensah or Thompson is any comment that is complementary of either one. He takes those as insults to his boy Kai. I know I don’t really care which one wins, so long as whoever wins is successful. But the shit we’ve had thrown at us by Newman since Kai got on campus makes it difficult to look past his posts and still root for Horton. If Horton ever transferred the college he goes to better be ready for a package deal. Horton comes with Newman and Newman’s definition of “Facts” which isn’t found in any dictionary.
Thank yourself and those like Houston, I truly want the best Quarterback to win as a Wave fan since the 60's. But when I see favoritism, bias, manipulation of facts, I will call it out!!! Simple if Horton's high school career does not count neither does Thompson, straight facts!!! Looking at college careers Horton is heads up above Thompson, starts against prime opposition vs no starts at the college level only mop up playing time. These are facts not one of you could dispute so if I pimped Horton as you call it you guys' pimped Thompson, facts back me up. Now go hide facts are on my side, either way our Quarterback situation is in good hands and the Competition continues as it should, Trust in Sumrall with the final Call!!!