Spring Practice-2024

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:51 am
Greeniegb wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:10 am
No because it is not true, Kai does not have a high interception rate was early against Cincinatti two years ago, or throws off his back foot, According to Sumrall he has a smooth powerful arm for deep passes. sets well. Thompson has not won a single college football game, Kai has won 3. Facts only!!!
Kai may win the job and become a star, I hope it happens. But you said you wanted FACTS ONLY.

Facts are facts and the fact is they have both thrown the same number of TDs and Kai has thrown 1 more INT.

FACT: By definition, Kai has a WORSE TD/INT ratio than Ty.

Spin it any way you like, but that is the fact.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... ton-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... son-2.html
So you really want to go there when you quote facts you don't pick and choose 3 of Kai's interceptions was as a true freshman, 2 starting against #2 Cincinatti on their home field as a true freshman. Lately Kai has been accurate without throwing interseptions, Kai also did not play his games in mop up time because Fritz always kept Pratt in the games and kept them close. Kai won tough games as a starter because of Pratt getting hurt. Thompson is unproven as a college Quarterback not starting and winning games and playing against backups instead of starters.

Now compare to Ty Thompson whose playing time was during mop of time in games that were blowouts against backup players the games were over and he was allowed to pad his stats.
2023 REGULAR SEASON
DATE OPP RESULT
Sat 11/18 @ ASU
W
49-13
Sat 11/4 vs CAL
W
63-19
Sat 9/30 @ STAN
W
42-6
Sat 9/23 vs 19COLO
W
42-6
Sat 9/16 vs HAW
W
55-10
Sat 9/2 vs PRST
W
81-7



ON3
https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/lLnIX5kE

[/b]WELL!!!
Last edited by Greeniegb on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.


DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13039
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

That’s your spin. Facts are still facts.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 pm That’s your spin. Facts are still facts.
Yes facts are facts starting games vs mop up time against backups, big difference facts!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13039
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Ok, who has the better TD/Int ratio? Fact.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:42 pm Ok, who has the better TD/Int ratio? Fact.
ON3
https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/lLnIX5kE


You are dense, freshman season against #2 team in the country, as a starter vs backup, is your brain fried. Even the major recruiting analysis mentioned Thompson's unproven college record in mop up time primarily.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26736
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 pm Big goals for Hughes.
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... caba9.html
Can't wait to see Hughes excel, I believe Sumrall may use him on swing passes and in open space. Lot's of play action passing if Hughes runs effectively. I think we will put up large numbers and lead the AAC in scoring!!!
arkhou02
High Tide
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Any news on the secondary situation?
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25007
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 pm Big goals for Hughes.
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... caba9.html
Already posted on page one of this thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:51 am
Greeniegb wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:10 am
No because it is not true, Kai does not have a high interception rate was early against Cincinatti two years ago, or throws off his back foot, According to Sumrall he has a smooth powerful arm for deep passes. sets well. Thompson has not won a single college football game, Kai has won 3. Facts only!!!
Kai may win the job and become a star, I hope it happens. But you said you wanted FACTS ONLY.

Facts are facts and the fact is they have both thrown the same number of TDs and Kai has thrown 1 more INT.

FACT: By definition, Kai has a WORSE TD/INT ratio than Ty.

Spin it any way you like, but that is the fact.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... ton-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... son-2.html
So you really want to go there when you quote facts you don't pick and choose 3 of Kai's interceptions was as a true freshman, 2 starting against #2 Cincinatti on their home field as a true freshman. Lately Kai has been accurate without throwing interseptions, Kai also did not play his games in mop up time because Fritz always kept Pratt in the games and kept them close. Kai won tough games as a starter because of Pratt getting hurt. Thompson is unproven as a college Quarterback not starting and winning games and playing against backups instead of starters.

Now compare to Ty Thompson whose playing time was during mop of time in games that were blowouts against backup players the games were over and he was allowed to pad his stats.
2023 REGULAR SEASON
DATE OPP RESULT
Sat 11/18 @ ASU
W
49-13
Sat 11/4 vs CAL
W
63-19
Sat 9/30 @ STAN
W
42-6
Sat 9/23 vs 19COLO
W
42-6
Sat 9/16 vs HAW
W
55-10
Sat 9/2 vs PRST
W
81-7



ON3
https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/lLnIX5kE

[/b]WELL!!!


Maybe we should all bet on who is week 1 starter. Everybody put their money where their mouth is
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 am
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:51 am

Kai may win the job and become a star, I hope it happens. But you said you wanted FACTS ONLY.

Facts are facts and the fact is they have both thrown the same number of TDs and Kai has thrown 1 more INT.

FACT: By definition, Kai has a WORSE TD/INT ratio than Ty.

Spin it any way you like, but that is the fact.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... ton-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... son-2.html
So you really want to go there when you quote facts you don't pick and choose 3 of Kai's interceptions was as a true freshman, 2 starting against #2 Cincinatti on their home field as a true freshman. Lately Kai has been accurate without throwing interseptions, Kai also did not play his games in mop up time because Fritz always kept Pratt in the games and kept them close. Kai won tough games as a starter because of Pratt getting hurt. Thompson is unproven as a college Quarterback not starting and winning games and playing against backups instead of starters.

Now compare to Ty Thompson whose playing time was during mop of time in games that were blowouts against backup players the games were over and he was allowed to pad his stats.
2023 REGULAR SEASON
DATE OPP RESULT
Sat 11/18 @ ASU
W
49-13
Sat 11/4 vs CAL
W
63-19
Sat 9/30 @ STAN
W
42-6
Sat 9/23 vs 19COLO
W
42-6
Sat 9/16 vs HAW
W
55-10
Sat 9/2 vs PRST
W
81-7



ON3
https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/lLnIX5kE

[/b]WELL!!!


Maybe we should all bet on who is week 1 starter. Everybody put their money where their mouth is


That call is Sumrall, he said he wants a QB that can command the huddle and team mates have respect for. Respect is earned that is why we play the games and practices. Sumrall's call dude not yours or mine!!!
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 2225
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm Any news on the secondary situation?
It's easy for a defense to show pre-snap cover 1 & 0. In theory this will intimidate the opposing QB by obscuring where pressure can be sent from. In practice, you actually have to have DB's who can cover man to man & DL who have great technique & "get off".
The last time we had that option Lionel Washington was the DC who amazingly managed to keep us in games after taking over 100 snaps. Coach Curtis, inherited an aggressive defense that fell to an anemic "triple option" which scared away any QB, WR & OL talent.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13039
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:29 am
mbissanti wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 am
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm

So you really want to go there when you quote facts you don't pick and choose 3 of Kai's interceptions was as a true freshman, 2 starting against #2 Cincinatti on their home field as a true freshman. Lately Kai has been accurate without throwing interseptions, Kai also did not play his games in mop up time because Fritz always kept Pratt in the games and kept them close. Kai won tough games as a starter because of Pratt getting hurt. Thompson is unproven as a college Quarterback not starting and winning games and playing against backups instead of starters.

Now compare to Ty Thompson whose playing time was during mop of time in games that were blowouts against backup players the games were over and he was allowed to pad his stats.
2023 REGULAR SEASON
DATE OPP RESULT
Sat 11/18 @ ASU
W
49-13
Sat 11/4 vs CAL
W
63-19
Sat 9/30 @ STAN
W
42-6
Sat 9/23 vs 19COLO
W
42-6
Sat 9/16 vs HAW
W
55-10
Sat 9/2 vs PRST
W
81-7



ON3
https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/lLnIX5kE

[/b]WELL!!!


Maybe we should all bet on who is week 1 starter. Everybody put their money where their mouth is


That call is Sumrall, he said he wants a QB that can command the huddle and team mates have respect for. Respect is earned that is why we play the games and practices. Sumrall's call dude not yours or mine!!!


Hey, Newman, you're calling someone out that isn't making any statement about who will or will not be the starter. Either am I. Frankly, I don't care which one starts, I just want whoever it is to be extremely successful. Your man-crush on Kai Horton clouds every discussion you enter into and it's the ugliest part of your Newman-esque persona.

As far as betting on which one wins the job, I have no interest as stated above. I was simply pointing out that a gbg criticism of Ty Tompson was a stat that was a bit worse for Kai Horton, regardless of the spins. Stats are stats. We all know (though it took a few posts for Newman to state it coherently ) that Kai had a start against a very good Cincinnati defense that makes his numbers look worse (yet I'll bet Newman repeats it.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:26 am
Greeniegb wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:29 am
mbissanti wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 am

Maybe we should all bet on who is week 1 starter. Everybody put their money where their mouth is
That call is Sumrall, he said he wants a QB that can command the huddle and team mates have respect for. Respect is earned that is why we play the games and practices. Sumrall's call dude not yours or mine!!!
Hey, Newman, you're calling someone out that isn't making any statement about who will or will not be the starter. Either am I. Frankly, I don't care which one starts, I just want whoever it is to be extremely successful. Your man-crush on Kai Horton clouds every discussion you enter into and it's the ugliest part of your Newman-esque persona.

As far as betting on which one wins the job, I have no interest as stated above. I was simply pointing out that a gbg criticism of Ty Tompson was a stat that was a bit worse for Kai Horton, regardless of the spins. Stats are stats. We all know (though it took a few posts for Newman to state it coherently ) that Kai had a start against a very good Cincinnati defense that makes his numbers look worse (yet I'll bet Newman repeats it.)
Only the facts I penetrate the facts deeply on surface looks one way, vs competition, clean up time in wipe out games vs time as a starter is night and day that is concrete facts. Such dense generalities by certain people with no analysis involved. ON#3 the recruiting site that most on here agrees most of Thompson's college playing time is in mop of roles vs backup players. Not from me from the experts!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14283
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

everytime I read someones post of anyones high school stats, especially of a player that is their 3rd year of College ball...this comes to mind....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13039
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:58 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:26 am
Greeniegb wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:29 am

That call is Sumrall, he said he wants a QB that can command the huddle and team mates have respect for. Respect is earned that is why we play the games and practices. Sumrall's call dude not yours or mine!!!
Hey, Newman, you're calling someone out that isn't making any statement about who will or will not be the starter. Either am I. Frankly, I don't care which one starts, I just want whoever it is to be extremely successful. Your man-crush on Kai Horton clouds every discussion you enter into and it's the ugliest part of your Newman-esque persona.

As far as betting on which one wins the job, I have no interest as stated above. I was simply pointing out that a gbg criticism of Ty Tompson was a stat that was a bit worse for Kai Horton, regardless of the spins. Stats are stats. We all know (though it took a few posts for Newman to state it coherently ) that Kai had a start against a very good Cincinnati defense that makes his numbers look worse (yet I'll bet Newman repeats it.)
Only the facts I penetrate the facts deeply on surface looks one way, vs competition, clean up time in wipe out games vs time as a starter is night and day that is concrete facts. Such dense generalities by certain people with no analysis involved. ON#3 the recruiting site that most on here agrees most of Thompson's college playing time is in mop of roles vs backup players. Not from me from the experts!!!
No $hit, Newman. I didn't argue that point. So, you're winning an argument against yourself, congratulations! And it doesn't take any expert analysis to come up with the points your smartest guy in the room brain came up with, we all know it. The fact doesn't change. Not from you or any experts, the ratio is what it is.

But thanks for making my prognostication about your next post accurate, see above, I put it in a font you could read, even in the basement.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7493
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Only gbg keeps boring us with his analysis paralysis about Kai and Ty. One of them is likely to win the starting QB position, and we don't know who it will be. But we do know all of gbg's deep dive analyses on irrelevant comparisons is just a massive handjob, and will have no bearing on who wins the starting QB position. He's just entertaining himself.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14283
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:14 pm Only gbg keeps boring us with his analysis paralysis about Kai and Ty. One of them is likely to win the starting QB position, and we don't know who it will be. But we do know all of gbg's deep dive analyses on irrelevant comparisons is just a massive handjob, and will have no bearing on who wins the starting QB position. He's just entertaining himself.
I am sure H-Wave had a misspelling in his post, an did not mean to offend anyone with the term "hand job" but meant to write " Hand Jive" so all could particiapte
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7493
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:14 pm Only gbg keeps boring us with his analysis paralysis about Kai and Ty. One of them is likely to win the starting QB position, and we don't know who it will be. But we do know all of gbg's deep dive analyses on irrelevant comparisons is just a massive handjob, and will have no bearing on who wins the starting QB position. He's just entertaining himself.
I am sure H-Wave had a misspelling in his post, an did not mean to offend anyone with the term "hand job" but meant to write " Hand Jive" so all could particiapte
:lol: :lol: :lol: That video certainly is a visual depiction of the GoTula Board posters in action.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Hey GB, Horton's INTs against Cincy was a home game, not a road game.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:01 am Hey GB, Horton's INTs against Cincy was a home game, not a road game.
Does it matter freshman against the #2 team in the country???
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7493
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:26 pm
greenie78 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:01 am Hey GB, Horton's INTs against Cincy was a home game, not a road game.
Does it matter freshman against the #2 team in the country???
I suspect that many freshman QBs can throw INTs against a #2 team.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:26 pm
greenie78 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:01 am Hey GB, Horton's INTs against Cincy was a home game, not a road game.
Does it matter freshman against the #2 team in the country???
Either way, was trying to get the facts straight.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26736
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:26 pm
greenie78 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:01 am Hey GB, Horton's INTs against Cincy was a home game, not a road game.
Does it matter freshman against the #2 team in the country???
He was playing hurt with a bad thumb also.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Smythe
Ripple
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The past of both QBs doesn’t matter now. What they do in Spring and Fall camp matters now.
Post Reply