Going to be a long spring and summer for AD Harris

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NSWaveFan
Ripple

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:02 am After reading all these responses, I forgot what the topic was about. I guess it’s a lull in the season until we start looking good in baseball or spring practice starts
"guess it’s a lull in the season until we start looking good in baseball" - you're missing a pretty good start!

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... 029ec.html

Supporting the Athletes- reading the squabbles for entertainment
AugWave
Swell

Hello Mr. Harris. Go get Will Wade. That is all.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
greenie78
Riptide

I love seeing what Will Wade has done here in Lake Charles. Went to a game Monday night and it was alot of fun, but he's not going to a non-power conference team. He's privately turned down DePaul. He went to McNeese because it's the easiest path to get to a NCAA tournament from a mid-small major conference. Top two seeds get a double bye and don't start the conference tournament until the semifinals and the Southland conference tournament is on McNeese's home floor for the next few seasons. He's not even leaving for a lower-end power conference team. He's waiting for a big program.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He'll get one after this season. Louisville could be a a spot he gets.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Men's basketball ended on a whimper. Let's see if AD Harris has a plan.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tulane basketball needs an overhaul. I'm afraid to put my thoughts on social media so I don't get blocked. Dannen blocked me five years ago. Harris made a homerun hire with Sumrall. We need two more home run hires with our Basketball programs!
wavemania
Surge

Carlin Hartman would be a grand slam hire! He can recruit and bring back fans from the Perry era.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wavemania wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:54 pm Carlin Hartman would be a grand slam hire! He can recruit and bring back fans from the Perry era.
https://floridagators.com/sports/mens-b ... rtman/1653
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wavemania wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:54 pm Carlin Hartman would be a grand slam hire! He can recruit and bring back fans from the Perry era.
https://floridagators.com/sports/mens-b ... rtman/1653

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlin_Hartman
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

We need a guy that can recruit and have X's and O's guy on the staff. There was talent on this years team, but very poorly coached!
anEngineer
Riptide

Discussing potential coaches is getting way ahead of the game at this point. I fully expect that Harris has a LONG discussion with Hunter about changes that need to be made. One of the things you worry about is whether Hunter is capable of changing due to his ego and his ability to coach any different than he always has. I think he probably can't change, no matter what he says.
Greeniegb
Swell

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:39 pm Tulane basketball needs an overhaul. I'm afraid to put my thoughts on social media so I don't get blocked. Dannen blocked me five years ago. Harris made a homerun hire with Sumrall. We need two more home run hires with our Basketball programs!
Harris made a home run hire really, Hertz and the big money people made the hire he came into!!!
Show Me
Tsunami

Just looking forward the roster gets depleted. In Hunter’s own words he said this was his most talented team he’s ever had. Either he’s a poor judge of talent or he’s a poor coach with talent. Either way it’s on him. 5 years without a sniff of even an NIT should be enough to make a change. Obviously with the lack of talent next year we will once again stay home for post season. Hunter has had enough time and it’s obvious he’s not going to change his coaching philosophy so let’s give someone else a chance to get us to the postseason.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nothing will be done...Hunter will be back next season becasue Tulane does not have the $$ to pay a two year buy out, and then put up the bucks it will take to get a quality coach.... so when all is said and done, more will have been said, then ever got done...... renew your season tickets NOW and be "front row" for anotha shit show on the court next season.. !
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerryD101
Low Tide

Do we still have the young man from Lafayette signed? Thought he was a big recruit?

Hunter will need to find lightning in a bottle in the transfer portal. We have Sion and Holloway next year and a bunch of unproven players [Glenn, Daniel's, Woods, and redshirt big whose name escapes me].

Maybe Ron retires, he is 60 and does he want to rebuild? I'd hope he just steps aside and even gets a cushy role for 2 years. I don't know, just hate seeing this program get passed by basically every team in our weak conference.
anEngineer
Riptide

TerryD101 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:52 am Do we still have the young man from Lafayette signed? Thought he was a big recruit?

Hunter will need to find lightning in a bottle in the transfer portal. We have Sion and Holloway next year and a bunch of unproven players [Glenn, Daniel's, Woods, and redshirt big whose name escapes me].

Maybe Ron retires, he is 60 and does he want to rebuild? I'd hope he just steps aside and even gets a cushy role for 2 years. I don't know, just hate seeing this program get passed by basically every team in our weak conference.
No way he retires like this. He has too much pride and insistence that his coaching philosophy is right and it wins. He HAS to prove that he can win, but we all believe he's spinning his wheels in the mud. It's going to be a matter of what he can convince David Harris of.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:02 am
TerryD101 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:52 am Do we still have the young man from Lafayette signed? Thought he was a big recruit?

No way he retires like this. He has too much pride and insistence that his coaching philosophy is right and it wins. He HAS to prove that he can win, but we all believe he's spinning his wheels in the mud. It's going to be a matter of what he can convince David Harris of.
Hunter ain't got no "pride" he has an over inflated "ego" with a losing record at Tulane and a mighty last place finish with his most talented team ever, in a weak azz conference...the "directional schools" are laffing their collective azzs' off at Tulane and Hunter....and on emore thing...looking at the 22-23 season and his "winning record" of 20-11....7 of those wins or 35 % of his wins came against...Springhill U... Baltimore County U,... McNeese St....Charlie Southern...Nevada...Louisiana Monroe........McNeese losing to Tulane fired it's coach.....and lets not forget the L's that season to WSU and Tulsa ..... FIRE him NOW !
greenie78
Riptide

Still need to know what's going to happen with women's basketball too. But it seems like Stockton has a lifetime contract and won't retire anytime soon.

Carlin Hartman is interesting. A member of the original "Posse" and he's been a long-time assistant including Associate Head Coach at Florida the last two years. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Would love to hire a proven winner, but Hartman would be interesting.
tufinal4
High Tide

Temple playing right now in AAC final for a bid.
TerryD101
Low Tide

We need someone who can:

1) recruit
2) draw up plays
3) make in game adjustments
4) work transfer portal

We need players with length and athleticism. Need a big who can rim protect and shoot. I'd like a true PG who can dish and create.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We won't get any of the first three as long as Hunter is the coach. He had a good 2 year period in the portal when he got Cross, Forbes and Cook. Only going to be harder to find success in the portal now that the conference is so weak.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

It's been almost 30 years since this team has made the Big Dance. No reason for this to continue. Need to hire someone serious who won't make excuses and will find a way to win. Hunter doesn't have what it takes to do that here. He doesn't want to adjust.
capwave
High Tide

There better be an announcement tomorrow that he has been fired! Otherwise, it will have been made crystal clear that the administration does not care.
murphwave
High Tide

Hartman is a Tulane legend, but has been an assistant for 25 years at 10 different stops. I think we are more likely to go with someone with HC experience.

greenie78 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:59 am Still need to know what's going to happen with women's basketball too. But it seems like Stockton has a lifetime contract and won't retire anytime soon.

Carlin Hartman is interesting. A member of the original "Posse" and he's been a long-time assistant including Associate Head Coach at Florida the last two years. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Would love to hire a proven winner, but Hartman would be interesting.
greenie78
Riptide

With Stockton retiring, this takes care of one decision for basketball. Will see what AD Harris wants to do for MBB.