Going to be a long spring and summer for AD Harris

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:32 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:27 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:56 pm
I’m not talking about anything but baseball. Someone posted baseball times were dictated by ESPN and I corrected that.
Actually what you said was the conference controls the start times for conference games: Then you changed to say the coach made the decision. Bottom line is baseball is no different than any other sport when it comes to ESPN+:

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 am

Baseball is different. The home team controls the non-conference schedule times. Conference game start times are controlled by the conference. Nothing to do with streaming or tv.
That’s correct.
Yes it's correct that you contradicted yourself and that baseball is no different than basketball. You were also wrong that someone brought up baseball. They were talking about basketball and the time being switched to 6 instead of 7 the last 2 seasons.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

He's gotta have the last word. :roll: :roll:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:13 pm He's gotta have the last word. :roll: :roll:
Ignoring the fact that I'm right you just get personal.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I can only explain it but can’t make you understand. Our baseball coach and not ESPN controls the start times. I offered up info as to what I received from JU in an email to all former baseball alums. As Robert has said you have to have the last word as usual and twist words so you can continue to argue. I suggest you just email coach JU and tell him he’s wrong about start times. I have no more time to waste on this nonsense. Good luck.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:00 am I can only explain it but can’t make you understand. Our baseball coach and not ESPN controls the start times. I offered up info as to what I received from JU in an email to all former baseball alums. As Robert has said you have to have the last word as usual and twist words so you can continue to argue. I suggest you just email coach JU and tell him he’s wrong about start times. I have no more time to waste on this nonsense. Good luck.
LOL.I didn't twist your words. You clearly contradicted yourself. You started by saying the conference chose the start times for conference games then switched to it being the coach. As I said no one was talking about baseball start times they were discussing basketball start times for ESPN+ games. I just didn't want people to be misled by you , which you do all the time, as to how the decxsions are made. They are no different in basketball than in baseball. But you truly are the only poster who who has never admitted he's wrong. Your streak continues.
hrhill
Trickle

Popping back in because I saw talk of facilities and wanted to let you know David Harris's vision of a practice facility at UNI is coming to fruition now. Our state BOR approved it today and we have a decent sized group of donors that have completely covered the cost of it at this point. So the positive spin for you guys is David can put together a "vision"

The potential downside for you is

The facility was initially introduced by David 7 years ago. Not a dime was raised for it. It got so bad it was removed from the master plan of athletic facilities.

The group of donors that is paying for the 8 figures for the facility approached our interim AD in mid-January after he had a couple of weeks to settle in after David was gone and said "We want to make this happen. How can we work with you, now that David is gone, to get this done". The press release on it today has quotes from the interim-AD and the coaches of MBB, WBB, and VB that have confirmed the money is there and the design is being worked on now and ground work will begin sooner than later.

Since David has been gone our new wrestling facility - which to be fair David was here when it was initially announced - has seen significant progress from donors (also because David is gone) with more renderings, actual blue prints, etc. being released.

TLDR - David will do well to get you drawings of the facilities. You may just have to wait until the next AD to get them.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

hrhill wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:54 pm Popping back in because I saw talk of facilities and wanted to let you know David Harris's vision of a practice facility at UNI is coming to fruition now. Our state BOR approved it today and we have a decent sized group of donors that have completely covered the cost of it at this point. So the positive spin for you guys is David can put together a "vision"

The facility was initially introduced by David 7 years ago. Not a dime was raised for it. It got so bad it was removed from the master plan of athletic facilities.

The group of donors that is paying for the 8 figures for the facility approached our interim AD in mid-January after he had a couple of weeks to settle in after David was gone and said "We want to make this happen. How can we work with you, now that David is gone, to get this done". The press release on it today has quotes from the interim-AD and the coaches of MBB, WBB, and VB that have confirmed the money is there and the design is being worked on now and ground work will begin sooner than later.

Since David has been gone our new wrestling facility - which to be fair David was here when it was initially announced - has seen significant progress from donors (also because David is gone) with more renderings, actual blue prints, etc. being released.

TLDR - David will do well to get you drawings of the facilities. You may just have to wait until the next AD to get them.
What did David Harris do to piss you off so much. It's one thing to go on another school's athletics bulletin board after an AD leaves your school for that school to vent. It's another level of hatred to come back a few months later and continue. Is your "warning" going to change anything here or back at UNI? If not, what's the purpose?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

Well, we essentially have the drawings already so your scenario does not apply.
hrhill
Trickle

DfromCT wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:12 am
hrhill wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:54 pm Popping back in because I saw talk of facilities and wanted to let you know David Harris's vision of a practice facility at UNI is coming to fruition now. Our state BOR approved it today and we have a decent sized group of donors that have completely covered the cost of it at this point. So the positive spin for you guys is David can put together a "vision"

What did David Harris do to piss you off so much. It's one thing to go on another school's athletics bulletin board after an AD leaves your school for that school to vent. It's another level of hatred to come back a few months later and continue. Is your "warning" going to change anything here or back at UNI? If not, what's the purpose?
Consider it a ghost of christmas future.

It's funny, everything UNI fans saw and hated about Dannen is exactly what Tule has issues with and complain about. With David the initial sentiments at UNI were exactly like we can see out of Tulane. They lasted about a year and it went south after that. Worth watching on both ends.
greenie78
Riptide

hrhill wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:56 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:12 am

Consider it a ghost of christmas future.

It's funny, everything UNI fans saw and hated about Dannen is exactly what Tule has issues with and complain about. With David the initial sentiments at UNI were exactly like we can see out of Tulane. They lasted about a year and it went south after that. Worth watching on both ends.
Well Harris's first hire was one of the best football coaches in the country.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

How many years was the extension Hunter signed over the summer? And how much of an issue is it for Tulane to buy him out of that contract?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:21 am How many years was the extension Hunter signed over the summer? And how much of an issue is it for Tulane to buy him out of that contract?
2025-2026
https://crescentcitysports.com/report-t ... extension/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbissanti
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am
Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:21 am How many years was the extension Hunter signed over the summer? And how much of an issue is it for Tulane to buy him out of that contract?
2025-2026
he should do honorable thing and resign after what looks like it is going to be dead last place finish with most talented team
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbissanti wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:34 am
2025-2026
he should do honorable thing and resign after what looks like it is going to be dead last place finish with most talented team
LAST PLACE, after Hunter said it was his most talented team EVER...if that is the case, Hunter does not know talent, or he is a POS Coach....your choice, and both requires he be removed...and those wanting to keep him, want this:
https://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=104
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:09 am
2025-2026
LAST PLACE, after Hunter said it was his most talented team EVER...if that is the case, Hunter does not know talent, or he is a POS Coach....your choice, and both requires he be removed...and those wanting to keep him, want this:
Don't forget the third option: He can neither coach, nor evaluate talent.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:36 pm

option 3 for me...and I predict, he will fail as a Stand Up Comic as well, because Penny Hardaway will not play along
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:53 pm
option 3 for me...and I predict, he will fail a a Stand Up Comic as well, because Penny Hardaway will not play along
:lol: :lol: :lol: His straight man. He already lost his straight team, UH, to the Big 12.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:07 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:53 pm
option 3 for me...and I predict, he will fail a a Stand Up Comic as well, because Penny Hardaway will not play along
:lol: :lol: :lol: His straight man. He already lost his straight team, UH, to the Big 12.
Hunter runs his "DIS" and "NON" basketball systems...Disfunctional Offense and Nonfunctional defense....and yes I know I needed a "y" in disfunctional, but the misspelling seems correct since we are posting about Hunters coaching(?) expertise
greenie78
Riptide

Men's and women's basketball lose again last night.

Time has come for change.

Baseball so far is improved, but the season is young.
Forever TU
Surge

Women’s Basketball needs to hire away Barbara Farris from Southern Miss
anEngineer
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:14 am Women’s Basketball needs to hire away Barbara Farris from Southern Miss
That's an interesting idea. I wonder how she is perceived in the D1 coaching ranks. She certainly has experience at every level, and steered some of our best recent recruits to us from John Curtis.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Takin' Lake Charles by storm and it's not a Hurricane
https://www.nola.com/sports/will-wade-h ... the-latest
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Think the baseball coach deserves a little time- he seems to be making sound decisions. We lost baseball after Katrina and Jones was never able to get it back on track, Pierce did miracles in the time he was here but performed so well we lost him to Texas. I have enjoyed Tulane baseball for forty years during times when it was the only sport about which we could be proud. Hopefully the current coach can restore some of that luster.
TerryD101
Low Tide

What's everyone's feelings towards Joe Pasternack? Born and raised in Metairie. Coached at UNO, Indiana and now UCSB. 48 years old. Has UCSB winning. Salary shows around 520K. UNO record was under .500, but he did have 2 good seasons. Would he be someone to consider?
mbissanti
Surge

Oh Brother wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:33 pm Think the baseball coach deserves a little time- he seems to be making sound decisions. We lost baseball after Katrina and Jones was never able to get it back on track, Pierce did miracles in the time he was here but performed so well we lost him to Texas. I have enjoyed Tulane baseball for forty years during times when it was the only sport about which we could be proud. Hopefully the current coach can restore some of that luster.
I agree. I think team is motivated, does not quit and coaching decisions have been solid. There are issues but they are experimenting and finding better lineups, roles, etc.