Going to be a long spring and summer for AD Harris

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbissanti
Surge

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:02 am After reading all these responses, I forgot what the topic was about. I guess it’s a lull in the season until we start looking good in baseball or spring practice starts
it is about coaching decisions

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Baseball is different. The home team controls the non-conference schedule times. Conference game start times are controlled by the conference. Nothing to do with streaming or tv.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:20 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:06 am
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 pm
Higher font is when I have to yell over people spreading misinformation or if a message has to be repeated because they keep bringing something up that has been proven false. They don't understand all that goes into scheduling start times for games, and of course any university would want start times for max student support, what is wrong with that!!~
We don’t understand? Or we don’t agree with your reasoning or the way some internet genius who’s work you are copying/pasting thinks? Just because you scream it doesn’t make it true, Newman. It’s even less effective when the last part of your post indicates the University IS choosing to start the games at 6. In the same run on sentence you argue that it’s not the University’s decision.
What do you not understand the university is not making game time decisions in a void it is making decisions based off of streaming and tv needs and revenue for the program, national exposure, etc. Putting a few hundred or thousand more in the seats is not the deciding factor national exposure trumps a few pissed off fans. Get over it excuses always for losers, I make games from the Northshore driving the Causeway in rush time. Just be a true fan and get over it, we are in a new age in college sports. Use your minds before your mouths!!!

What you don't understand is that I, and most others on here, DO understand everything you posted in this reply before you posted it. Stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room preaching at us what we already know. What folks are asking for, since Harris wants to listen, is for the games next season to be scheduled at 7 o'clock when we're on ESPN+ and have the ability to set the time. Trust me, there's going to be ZERO drop off with streaming the game at that time. Anyone interested enough to watch on ESPN+ will watch at 7, many might prefer it.

Newman, that's the crux of what gets me and others annoyed by your posts. You post things that we all know, do it in 150 pt font or larger, and bold. Then when we tell you we already know it, you repost it! C'mon, man, get a clue.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:00 am

We don’t understand? Or we don’t agree with your reasoning or the way some internet genius who’s work you are copying/pasting thinks? Just because you scream it doesn’t make it true, Newman. It’s even less effective when the last part of your post indicates the University IS choosing to start the games at 6. In the same run on sentence you argue that it’s not the University’s decision.
What do you not understand the university is not making game time decisions in a void it is making decisions based off of streaming and tv needs and revenue for the program, national exposure, etc. Putting a few hundred or thousand more in the seats is not the deciding factor national exposure trumps a few pissed off fans. Get over it excuses always for losers, I make games from the Northshore driving the Causeway in rush time. Just be a true fan and get over it, we are in a new age in college sports. Use your minds before your mouths!!!

What you don't understand is that I, and most others on here, DO understand everything you posted in this reply before you posted it. Stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room preaching at us what we already know. What folks are asking for, since Harris wants to listen, is for the games next season to be scheduled at 7 o'clock when we're on ESPN+ and have the ability to set the time. Trust me, there's going to be ZERO drop off with streaming the game at that time. Anyone interested enough to watch on ESPN+ will watch at 7, many might prefer it.

Newman, that's the crux of what gets me and others annoyed by your posts. You post things that we all know, do it in 150 pt font or larger, and bold. Then when we tell you we already know it, you repost it! C'mon, man, get a clue.

You act like ESPN + has no part in the time, you are so mistaken they have to have crew, announcers available in each time slot. Athletic Programs no longer dictate game times, even LsU has 11:00 games. You fill this board with something that will never happen that is wasteful!!!

ESPN Plus offers multiple college football games every week, including streaming on ESPN Plus. But how do college programs determine the game times for ESPN+ coverage? Let’s dive into it!

Game Scheduling:
College programs work closely with conference organizers and ESPN to schedule games. They consider various factors such as team availability, travel logistics, and stadium availability.
ESPN collaborates with conferences to create a comprehensive schedule that includes games across various platforms, including ESPN+, ESPN, ESPN2, and other networks 1.

The goal is to maximize viewership and provide fans with access to a wide range of games.

In summary, college programs collaborate with ESPN to set game times, ensuring a diverse schedule that caters to fans’ preferences and provides widespread coverage across ESPN’s platforms, including ESPN+.

Can you read the facts, facts are facts!!!
mbissanti
Surge

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:00 am

You act like ESPN + has no part in the time, you are so mistaken they have to have crew, announcers available in each time slot. Athletic Programs no longer dictate game times, even LsU has 11:00 games. You fill this board with something that will never happen that is wasteful!!!

ESPN Plus offers multiple college football games every week, including streaming on ESPN Plus. But how do college programs determine the game times for ESPN+ coverage? Let’s dive into it!

Game Scheduling:
College programs work closely with conference organizers and ESPN to schedule games. They consider various factors such as team availability, travel logistics, and stadium availability.
ESPN collaborates with conferences to create a comprehensive schedule that includes games across various platforms, including ESPN+, ESPN, ESPN2, and other networks 1.

The goal is to maximize viewership and provide fans with access to a wide range of games.

In summary, college programs collaborate with ESPN to set game times, ensuring a diverse schedule that caters to fans’ preferences and provides widespread coverage across ESPN’s platforms, including ESPN+.

Can you read the facts, facts are facts!!!
I bet ESPN would love to have you negotiating for Gibson Hall. Maybe you can become a lobbyist for them. ESPN is not good. Until people realize how corrupt all this is and major changes happen, they are a necessary evil. Yes, EVIL. And Gibson Hall needs a person with actual balls to negotiate, not a pushover with large font.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Newman, everything you just posted in the last post of yours is about scheduling football games. Not only is it information known already by all, but it’s totally irrelevant to the conversation about basketball games starting times. You’ve admitted the University, working in conjunction with ESPN and/or the Conference, sets the time for games on ESPN+. Is it too difficult to understand a desire by most posters that those games happen at 7 rather than 6? And please don’t tell me that’s impossible, not only will you be contradicting yourself, you’ll also be WRONG.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

The televising & announcers for games on ESPN+ are provided by the home team. ESPN does not do the televising or chooses announcers.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 pm
Higher font is when I have to yell over people spreading misinformation or if a message has to be repeated because they keep bringing something up that has been proven false. They don't understand all that goes into scheduling start times for games, and of course any university would want start times for max student support, what is wrong with that!!~

I can absolutely 1000% assure you that moving the start time to 7:00pm instead of 6:00pm would not cost us ONE PENNY in lost revenue, and not one iota as far as national exposure.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

Women's hoops is now 3-11, dead last.
Stockton should inform Harris right now of her intent to retire at the end of the season and have her resignation letter on Harris' desk the day after the season ends. She owes it to Tulane.
But she won't.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GretnaGreen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:19 pm The televising & announcers for games on ESPN+ are provided by the home team. ESPN does not do the televising or chooses announcers.
This. We choose those times and Harris needs to schedule those games at 7 next year.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 am Baseball is different. The home team controls the non-conference schedule times. Conference game start times are controlled by the conference. Nothing to do with streaming or tv.
Baseball is not different. We choose those ESPN+ game times when we are the home team for both OOC and conference games.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:41 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 am Baseball is different. The home team controls the non-conference schedule times. Conference game start times are controlled by the conference. Nothing to do with streaming or tv.
Baseball is not different. We choose those ESPN+ game times when we are the home team for both OOC and conference games.
When I say different I’m referring to being directed by TV.
Coach JU picked those starting times. I’m on an baseball alumni group email and he told us that a month or so ago.

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

T- the key there is the change is due to the warmer weather later in the season. It has nothing to do with the conference or ESPN. He has said the same thing publicly.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:11 pm T- the key there is the change is due to the warmer weather later in the season. It has nothing to do with the conference or ESPN. He has said the same thing publicly.
I know. That’s why it’s different. Not TV dependent.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

Bump this thread back up.

What a terrible winter so far. Hopefully AD Harris is getting his wish-list ready for MBB and WBB. To say disappointing is an understatement. Time for a change in both sports. Baseball looks slightly better than last year which isn't saying much.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:09 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:11 pm T- the key there is the change is due to the warmer weather later in the season. It has nothing to do with the conference or ESPN. He has said the same thing publicly.
It’s no different than our other sports that are on ESPN+.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:01 pm
The coach set our times in baseball. Not talking about ESPN+ someone in this thread said baseball start times were dictated by ESPN but it’s not.
Tulane Class of 1981
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

I’m not sure Harris is going to swoop in like an angel of death and stack bodies of mediocre coaching staffs..

But he needs to at least make a change in Men’s basketball, a major revenue sport, where we are currently tanking in year 5.

1-7 over the last month. Just embarrassing in a one bid conference.
greenie78
Riptide

Fifth Quarter Tulane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:37 pm I’m not sure Harris is going to swoop in like an angel of death and stack bodies of mediocre coaching staffs..

But he needs to at least make a change in Men’s basketball, a major revenue sport, where we are currently tanking in year 5.

1-7 over the last month. Just embarrassing in a one bid conference.
I think you're right, but I would love to see wholesale changes.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 pm

The coach set our times in baseball. Not talking about ESPN+ someone in this thread said baseball start times were dictated by ESPN but it’s not.
ESPN+ doesn't set our times in basketball. Someone at Tulane changed it to 6 and never communicated to the fans as to the why. Hopefully Harris goes back to setting them at 6. So no different between the sports.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:17 pm

ESPN+ doesn't set our times in basketball. Someone at Tulane changed it to 6 and never communicated to the fans as to the why. Hopefully Harris goes back to setting them at 6. So no different between the sports.
I’m not talking about anything but baseball. Someone posted baseball times were dictated by ESPN and I corrected that.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

Dannen left the non-football sports in purgatory, yet he managed to get a P2 job. What a shame.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:56 pm
I’m not talking about anything but baseball. Someone posted baseball times were dictated by ESPN and I corrected that.
Actually what you said was the conference controls the start times for conference games: Then you changed to say the coach made the decision. Bottom line is baseball is no different than any other sport when it comes to ESPN+:

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 am

Baseball is different. The home team controls the non-conference schedule times. Conference game start times are controlled by the conference. Nothing to do with streaming or tv.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:27 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:56 pm

Actually what you said was the conference controls the start times for conference games: Then you changed to say the coach made the decision. Bottom line is baseball is no different than any other sport when it comes to ESPN+:

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 am

That’s correct.
Tulane Class of 1981
austxwave
High Tide

the only detriment in baseball to playing Saturdays at night is in case of inclement weather. if game 2 has to be bumped to a Sunday dh, likely game 2 of 3 will need to start at 11 am or even earlier. it's not a big deal either way to me but it does give us less room for error with regards to weather.