Going to be a long spring and summer for AD Harris

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

He got his home run hire in Sumrall, but unfortunately his work is just getting started. Men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball are in rough shape currently thanks to the previous AD who climbed the backs of Pratt, Spears, etc to go to UW. Hopefully he can hit more home run hires in those sports, especially men's BB and baseball which were a big part of my growing up as a Tulane fan.


User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 3291
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

We need help fast but will we see it? I am hoping that AD Harris has been watching the men's and woman's basketball closely and understands we have
serious issues. Sumrall will help open the door to another conference , I am sure of that. We don't need these two programs helping to close it. As far as baseball is
concerned, this season will tell us much about whether or not we have to make changes there. Hunter is all phony- baloney and Stockton is worn out.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24992
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:48 am He got his home run hire in Sumrall, but unfortunately his work is just getting started. Men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball are in rough shape currently thanks to the previous AD who climbed the backs of Pratt, Spears, etc to go to UW. Hopefully he can hit more home run hires in those sports, especially men's BB and baseball which were a big part of my growing up as a Tulane fan.
+1!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7486
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 am We need help fast but will we see it? I am hoping that AD Harris has been watching the men's and woman's basketball closely and understands we have
serious issues. Sumrall will help open the door to another conference , I am sure of that. We don't need these two programs helping to close it. As far as baseball is
concerned, this season will tell us much about whether or not we have to make changes there. Hunter is all phony- baloney and Stockton is worn out.
To fully appreciate how screwed up our basketball programs are, Harris needs to also go back and look at some tapes from the past three years. In the case of MBB, he needs to understand that Hunter is not going to change anything--the longer we keep him, the longer we just tread water, or sink.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14278
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:28 am
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 am We need help fast but will we see it? I am hoping that AD Harris has been watching the men's and woman's basketball closely and understands we have
serious issues. Sumrall will help open the door to another conference , I am sure of that. We don't need these two programs helping to close it. As far as baseball is
concerned, this season will tell us much about whether or not we have to make changes there. Hunter is all phony- baloney and Stockton is worn out.
To fully appreciate how screwed up our basketball programs are, Harris needs to also go back and look at some tapes from the past three years. In the case of MBB, he needs to understand that Hunter is not going to change anything--the longer we keep him, the longer we just tread water, or sink.
Hunter has a very bright future...as a "commentator"....Stockton needs to be put into a alumni fund raising position... Tulane has been put on notice, get it together, coaches and facilities, or get left behind..and the train will be leaving in 2025
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:07 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:28 am
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 am We need help fast but will we see it? I am hoping that AD Harris has been watching the men's and woman's basketball closely and understands we have
serious issues. Sumrall will help open the door to another conference , I am sure of that. We don't need these two programs helping to close it. As far as baseball is
concerned, this season will tell us much about whether or not we have to make changes there. Hunter is all phony- baloney and Stockton is worn out.
To fully appreciate how screwed up our basketball programs are, Harris needs to also go back and look at some tapes from the past three years. In the case of MBB, he needs to understand that Hunter is not going to change anything--the longer we keep him, the longer we just tread water, or sink.
Hunter has a very bright future...as a "commentator"....Stockton needs to be put into a alumni fund raising position... Tulane has been put on notice, get it together, coaches and facilities, or get left behind..and the train will be leaving in 2025
Harris did not come in to make changes Fritz leaving was thrown on his lap, both Hunter and Stockton are recognized as good coaches in the College circles, they will be given at least one more year while Harris focuses on the facilities. Building the Tulane brand next steps are facilities and football. With those two in the back window, the other coaches will get the focus. Called baby steps and priorities. Stockton and Hunter are at a disadvantage recruiting with Delvin versus other arena's. The school knows that and will give both coaches a long lease as facilities get upgraded.
anEngineer
Riptide
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

I tend to agree that Harris is not walking in looking to clean house. He's also not going to look at videos of past games and attempt to make some evaluation of what the situation was when he was not here. I think we can all agree that David Harris seems like a measured, deliberate guy who is not going to do anything until he personally sees evidence that it needs to be done, and that will take more than 8-10 weeks on the job.
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7486
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:23 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:07 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:28 am
To fully appreciate how screwed up our basketball programs are, Harris needs to also go back and look at some tapes from the past three years. In the case of MBB, he needs to understand that Hunter is not going to change anything--the longer we keep him, the longer we just tread water, or sink.
Hunter has a very bright future...as a "commentator"....Stockton needs to be put into a alumni fund raising position... Tulane has been put on notice, get it together, coaches and facilities, or get left behind..and the train will be leaving in 2025
Harris did not come in to make changes Fritz leaving was thrown on his lap, both Hunter and Stockton are recognized as good coaches in the College circles, they will be given at least one more year while Harris focuses on the facilities. Building the Tulane brand next steps are facilities and football. With those two in the back window, the other coaches will get the focus. Called baby steps and priorities. Stockton and Hunter are at a disadvantage recruiting with Delvin versus other arena's. The school knows that and will give both coaches a long lease as facilities get upgraded.
Facilities won’t make Hunter a better coach. Even if he were to recruit better players, he’ll still coach them poorly.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7486
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

anEngineer wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:32 pm I tend to agree that Harris is not walking in looking to clean house. He's also not going to look at videos of past games and attempt to make some evaluation of what the situation was when he was not here. I think we can all agree that David Harris seems like a measured, deliberate guy who is not going to do anything until he personally sees evidence that it needs to be done, and that will take more than 8-10 weeks on the job.
I sure hope Harris isn’t a measured and deliberate guy, given our basketball burning dumpsters. The current coaching deficiencies are obvious, as are the poor to middling records over recent years. Looking at a little film can confirm that Hunter isn’t going to change anything he does. Forcing Tulane fans to sit through another year of Hunter foibles would not speak well of Harris.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3419
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

The first one that needs to be out the door is Stockton. She's a walking billboard of old Tulane. She's also politically the hardest to push out (among the close to a half dozen head coaches that need to go). Getting her out would send a message that AD Harris needs sent.
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

For Hunter, it is impossible to tell what Harris is thinking. Guerry argued on X with me that Hunter was not all the weaknesses we say here daily. Nobody backed him but nobody backed me. We agreed to disagree, and 3 others liked my posts silently. My gut says that Gibson Hall know Hunters limitations here but feel firing the popular coach would be bad PR. Either way, he is staying at least until end of season. If they keep regressing, it may make everything easier. A couple more losses and we will be competing for last.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24992
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

As to Hunter I don't think he is at all popular with the fan base at this point. There are a lot more empty seats than filled ones outside the student section. People are over his histrionics.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
BC Wave
Swell
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

Moving games to 6:00 has been a failure.

The number of working people who can make it to a 6:00 start is far less than the number who can be there by 7:00.

I think that was Dannen’s idea so more students would come out.
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7486
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

mbissanti wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:49 am For Hunter, it is impossible to tell what Harris is thinking. Guerry argued on X with me that Hunter was not all the weaknesses we say here daily. Nobody backed him but nobody backed me. We agreed to disagree, and 3 others liked my posts silently. My gut says that Gibson Hall know Hunters limitations here but feel firing the popular coach would be bad PR. Either way, he is staying at least until end of season. If they keep regressing, it may make everything easier. A couple more losses and we will be competing for last.
".....Hunter was not all the weaknesses we say here daily."? What does Guerry have to say about the weaknesses we see weekly on the court?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

BC Wave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:02 pm Moving games to 6:00 has been a failure.

The number of working people who can make it to a 6:00 start is far less than the number who can be there by 7:00.

I think that was Dannen’s idea so more students would come out.
[b]Why do you people do not get it, TV dictates time, We have no choice on time now go hide somewhere!!!
[/b]


https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/schedule
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24992
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:21 pm
BC Wave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:02 pm Moving games to 6:00 has been a failure.

The number of working people who can make it to a 6:00 start is far less than the number who can be there by 7:00.

I think that was Dannen’s idea so more students would come out.
[b]Why do you people do not get it, TV dictates time, We have no choice on time now go hide somewhere!!!
[/b]


https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/schedule
THAT'S NOT TRUE. GAMES ON ESPN+ ARE SET BY THE HOST SCHOOL. THE 6:00 TIME IS HORRENDOUS FOR FAN ATTENDANCE.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:06 pm
mbissanti wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:49 am For Hunter, it is impossible to tell what Harris is thinking. Guerry argued on X with me that Hunter was not all the weaknesses we say here daily. Nobody backed him but nobody backed me. We agreed to disagree, and 3 others liked my posts silently. My gut says that Gibson Hall know Hunters limitations here but feel firing the popular coach would be bad PR. Either way, he is staying at least until end of season. If they keep regressing, it may make everything easier. A couple more losses and we will be competing for last.
".....Hunter was not all the weaknesses we say here daily."? What does Guerry have to say about the weaknesses we see weekly on the court?
He thinks the team players are in a rut and some bad luck. I could not really see what he was saying though I tried
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:21 pm
BC Wave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:02 pm Moving games to 6:00 has been a failure.

The number of working people who can make it to a 6:00 start is far less than the number who can be there by 7:00.

I think that was Dannen’s idea so more students would come out.
[b]Why do you people do not get it, TV dictates time, We have no choice on time now go hide somewhere!!!
[/b]


https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/schedule
I am relatively new to board. Does the higher font indicate a higher importance of the message?
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:34 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:21 pm
BC Wave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:02 pm Moving games to 6:00 has been a failure.

The number of working people who can make it to a 6:00 start is far less than the number who can be there by 7:00.

I think that was Dannen’s idea so more students would come out.
[b]Why do you people do not get it, TV dictates time, We have no choice on time now go hide somewhere!!!
[/b]


https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/schedule
I am relatively new to board. Does the higher font indicate a higher importance of the message?
Basically, bigger the font, the louder he yells at the clouds.
BC Wave
Swell
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

That is true only for the games on espn -x. TV..
Most of our games were on espn+ and those game times are not set by tv networks.

It was Tulane’s choice to have the default time at 6:00 pm.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

BC Wave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:17 pm That is true only for the games on espn -x. TV..
Most of our games were on espn+ and those game times are not set by tv networks.

It was Tulane’s choice to have the default time at 6:00 pm.
Not true streaming or tv games times are dictated by the streamer and tv network to coordinate with other games and capabilities of camera crews.[/b

College athletic programs often coordinate game start times with TV networks and streaming services. These schedules are influenced by several factors:

Broadcast Agreements: Many college sports events are broadcast on national or regional television networks. These networks pay for the rights to air games, and in return, they have a say in scheduling. Athletic programs work closely with these networks to determine optimal time slots.
-Viewership and Revenue: TV networks and streaming services prefer prime time slots when viewership is high. Athletic programs consider this demand to maximize exposure and revenue. Evening games, especially on weekends, tend to attract more viewers.
Conference and Rivalry Games: High-profile matchups, such as conference championships or intense rivalries, are often scheduled for TV broadcasts. These games draw larger audiences and generate excitement.
Game Importance: Athletic programs prioritize games with playoff implications, bowl eligibility, or championship titles. These critical matchups are more likely to be scheduled during prime time.
-Logistics and Travel: Coordinating travel for teams, officials, and fans plays a role. Scheduling allows for reasonable travel times and accommodations.
-In summary, college athletic programs balance various factors to create schedules that align with TV and streaming networks’ availability while ensuring competitive fairness and fan engagement. You can catch many of these games on channels like ESPN, CBS, Fox, and streaming services like ESPN+ and Fubo 1.

Streaming Services: With the rise of streaming platforms, some games are exclusively available online. Athletic programs collaborate with streaming providers to schedule these games.


Higher font is when I have to yell over people spreading misinformation or if a message has to be repeated because they keep bringing something up that has been proven false. They don't understand all that goes into scheduling start times for games, and of course any university would want start times for max student support, what is wrong with that!!~
mbissanti
Surge
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 pm
BC Wave wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:17 pm That is true only for the games on espn -x. TV..
Most of our games were on espn+ and those game times are not set by tv networks.

It was Tulane’s choice to have the default time at 6:00 pm.
Not true streaming or tv games times are dictated by the streamer and tv network to coordinate with other games and capabilities of camera crews.[/b

College athletic programs often coordinate game start times with TV networks and streaming services. These schedules are influenced by several factors:

Broadcast Agreements: Many college sports events are broadcast on national or regional television networks. These networks pay for the rights to air games, and in return, they have a say in scheduling. Athletic programs work closely with these networks to determine optimal time slots.
-Viewership and Revenue: TV networks and streaming services prefer prime time slots when viewership is high. Athletic programs consider this demand to maximize exposure and revenue. Evening games, especially on weekends, tend to attract more viewers.
Conference and Rivalry Games: High-profile matchups, such as conference championships or intense rivalries, are often scheduled for TV broadcasts. These games draw larger audiences and generate excitement.
Game Importance: Athletic programs prioritize games with playoff implications, bowl eligibility, or championship titles. These critical matchups are more likely to be scheduled during prime time.
-Logistics and Travel: Coordinating travel for teams, officials, and fans plays a role. Scheduling allows for reasonable travel times and accommodations.
-In summary, college athletic programs balance various factors to create schedules that align with TV and streaming networks’ availability while ensuring competitive fairness and fan engagement. You can catch many of these games on channels like ESPN, CBS, Fox, and streaming services like ESPN+ and Fubo 1.

Streaming Services: With the rise of streaming platforms, some games are exclusively available online. Athletic programs collaborate with streaming providers to schedule these games.


Higher font is when I have to yell over people spreading misinformation or if a message has to be repeated because they keep bringing something up that has been proven false. They don't understand all that goes into scheduling start times for games, and of course any university would want start times for max student support, what is wrong with that!!~


nobody here is qualified to judge misinformation
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13026
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 pm
Higher font is when I have to yell over people spreading misinformation or if a message has to be repeated because they keep bringing something up that has been proven false. They don't understand all that goes into scheduling start times for games, and of course any university would want start times for max student support, what is wrong with that!!~
We don’t understand? Or we don’t agree with your reasoning or the way some internet genius who’s work you are copying/pasting thinks? Just because you scream it doesn’t make it true, Newman. It’s even less effective when the last part of your post indicates the University IS choosing to start the games at 6. In the same run on sentence you argue that it’s not the University’s decision.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:06 am
Greeniegb wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 pm
Higher font is when I have to yell over people spreading misinformation or if a message has to be repeated because they keep bringing something up that has been proven false. They don't understand all that goes into scheduling start times for games, and of course any university would want start times for max student support, what is wrong with that!!~
We don’t understand? Or we don’t agree with your reasoning or the way some internet genius who’s work you are copying/pasting thinks? Just because you scream it doesn’t make it true, Newman. It’s even less effective when the last part of your post indicates the University IS choosing to start the games at 6. In the same run on sentence you argue that it’s not the University’s decision.
What do you not understand the university is not making game time decisions in a void it is making decisions based off of streaming and tv needs and revenue for the program, national exposure, etc. Putting a few hundred or thousand more in the seats is not the deciding factor national exposure trumps a few pissed off fans. Get over it excuses always for losers, I make games from the Northshore driving the Causeway in rush time. Just be a true fan and get over it, we are in a new age in college sports. Use your minds before your mouths!!!

Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

After reading all these responses, I forgot what the topic was about. I guess it’s a lull in the season until we start looking good in baseball or spring practice starts
Post Reply