Going to be a long spring and summer for AD Harris

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

greenie78 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:36 am With Stockton retiring, this takes care of one decision for basketball. Will see what AD Harris wants to do for MBB.
Apparently he sees no need to make a change after losing 15/18 and finishing in last place with a 5th year coach

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Extremely disappointing but not all that surprising when it comes to Tulane athletics.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
High Tide

No money, no hire.
anEngineer
Riptide

I understand David Harris's position on Hunter. He has already had to hire a football coach under a stressful timeline. Now he has to decide what direction he wants to go with women's basketball because there is no coach. Hunter still has 2 years (I believe) on his existing contract. Why not see a full year of Hunter to better understand what's going on and what it should take to win in the current conference? I'm not happy about it, but I get it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

arkhou02 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:12 pm No money, no hire.
Exactly. Tulane on the cheap--again. That's got to be the only reason they haven't fired Hunter.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am
Exactly. Tulane on the cheap--again. That's got to be the only reason they haven't fired Hunter.
the ROI is terrible...where da hell is TPS when ya need him
https://www.pionline.com/endowments-and ... iscal-year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am the ROI is terrible...where da hell is TPS when ya need him
I’m in agreement with golfnut on this. How can you get a 3% return when even bank CDs and government bonds were paying over 5%? There’s more to this story.

Concerning the likelihood of keeping Hunter for another season, if I had been blessed with golfnut’s money instead of my good looks, I would personally pay Hunter’s severance in order to get this program on the same winning path as football.
capwave
High Tide

SMU fires their coach with a 20-13 record this year. They want to make a splash hire while moving into ACC play. Tulane is and always will be Tulane. A university that is continually led by short sighted dip shits!
AugWave
Swell

I'll hold off on judgement until more information comes out. Not going to say "Tulane being Tulane" after all of the progress so far. That's lazy and pretty stupid, if you ask me.

But hey, doom and gloom is all the rage these days, especially on the internet. Please continue.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am the ROI is terrible...where da hell is TPS when ya need him
I’m in agreement with golfnut on this. How can you get a 3% return when even bank CDs and government bonds were paying over 5%? There’s more to this story.

Concerning the likelihood of keeping Hunter for another season, if I had been blessed with golfnut’s money instead of my good looks, I would personally pay Hunter’s severance in order to get this program on the same winning path as football.
Hell, if Tulane had my money, they would be UNO....when somebody ask how I am doin' I reply..."Any better and I would have been born rich instead of so damn good lookin' "
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
capwave
High Tide

AugWave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm I'll hold off on judgement until more information comes out. Not going to say "Tulane being Tulane" after all of the progress so far. That's lazy and pretty stupid, if you ask me.

But hey, doom and gloom is all the rage these days, especially on the internet. Please continue.
Lazy? The guy has a 70-74 record at Tulane, a 35-53 conference record at Tulane, 1 winning season in 5 at Tulane and zero post season tournaments at Tulane. In what world does this guy still have a job? Doom and gloom? You are delusional!
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

AugWave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm I'll hold off on judgement until more information comes out. Not going to say "Tulane being Tulane" after all of the progress so far. That's lazy and pretty stupid, if you ask me.

:lol:

You realize this is Tulane right?
DrBox
Riptide

They have money..
We have at least five sports that need new head coaches.
greenie78
Riptide

Looks like baseball could be back added to this with women's basketball and what should be men's basketball. Ladies volleyball is needing a change too.
DrBox
Riptide

Women’s tennis, bowling, volleyball, in addition to 2 basketballs. Golf, baseball and beach volleyball are on the hot seat.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Progress?? 😂😂. You sure are easy to please.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DrBox wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm
They have money..
We have at least five sports that need new head coaches.
Then they should prioritize. And men’s basketball should be numero uno.
mbissanti
Surge

capwave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Lazy? The guy has a 70-74 record at Tulane, a 35-53 conference record at Tulane, 1 winning season in 5 at Tulane and zero post season tournaments at Tulane. In what world does this guy still have a job? Doom and gloom? You are delusional!
+1
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

capwave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

I'm delusional because I choose to wait for more information and THEN judge before crying through the keyboard.

:?
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am
Clearly Harris has the Gibson Hall talking script in hand--lots of mumbo jumbo about waiting for opportunities. One bit of encouragement is the recognition that we need to "be ready" for such opportunities--something that we should have done at least 15 years ago. But I had to laugh at Karre's question about being "proactive", and perhaps hiring a third-party---does Gibson Hall not know how to be proactive? or is Gibson Hall just too lazy to get off their rears and be proactive?
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:07 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am
Clearly Harris has the Gibson Hall talking script in hand--lots of mumbo jumbo about waiting for opportunities. One bit of encouragement is the recognition that we need to "be ready" for such opportunities--something that we should have done at least 15 years ago. But I had to laugh at Karre's question about being "proactive", and perhaps hiring a third-party---does Gibson Hall not know how to be proactive? or is Gibson Hall just too lazy to get off their rears and be proactive?
Agree you make things happen you don't wait, SMU was too aggressive, but we are too passive. My life has been if you want something you go get it, you don't wait til it comes to you because that may never happen. Disappointing talk by Harris to say the least, in my opinion he is not a motivating individual. I like the plan and phase approach if fully implemented but the job of an Athletic Director is as a motivator to the University and to the fanbase/alumini. I don't see that in Harris!!!
Bigschtick
Riptide

capwave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am SMU fires their coach with a 20-13 record this year. They want to make a splash hire while moving into ACC play. Tulane is and always will be Tulane. A university that is continually led by short sighted dip shits!
Put as eloquently as anyone and accurate!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm warming to Harris. That said, I still fear he's one that will only take us as far as the rope the BOA gives him. I don't think he'll fight for more, for a deeper commitment, to be ahead rather than catching up to our competition for the last few tickets out of the land of have nots.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V