From the Desk of Harris

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
austxwave
High Tide

I like him. Only 1 month but he comes across as one of us...not pretentious and really in tune with the student=athletes and the fans.
AugWave
Swell

I like that he isn't all "talky talky". Quick and to the point. And if he gets this IPF done this summer, I'm really going to side-eye Dannen and wonder just how much better off we would've been if he actually WORKED while navigating his way to the P2.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Greeniegb
Swell

AugWave wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:17 am I like that he isn't all "talky talky". Quick and to the point. And if he gets this IPF done this summer, I'm really going to side-eye Dannen and wonder just how much better off we would've been if he actually WORKED while navigating his way to the P2.
If Dannen was here the IPF was scheduled to be installed this summer, things are moving along as planned he is just in place as the planning moves along!!! Gosha is continuing with his facility work.!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Regardless of whom anyone wants to say is responsible for the IPF, the fact remains: We've gotten more transparency and specifics from David Harris in ONE MONTH than we EVER got from our previous two ADs.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
OUG
Riptide

AugWave wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:17 am I like that he isn't all "talky talky". Quick and to the point. And if he gets this IPF done this summer, I'm really going to side-eye Dannen and wonder just how much better off we would've been if he actually WORKED while navigating his way to the P2.
This, and he didn’t focus on a bunch of classroom stuff. We can all acknowledge that excellence in the classroom is *expected* with Tulane student-athletes. I don’t need to read the shout outs to the Tennis team’s combined GPA or that track had an academic all-American. If you’re only pushing us info once a month or so in this format— let’s talk about facilities, financial commitments, and the stuff we need to do to position ourselves to move up.
mbissanti
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:25 pm Regardless of whom anyone wants to say is responsible for the IPF, the fact remains: We've gotten more transparency and specifics from David Harris in ONE MONTH than we EVER got from our previous two ADs.
+1
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for sharing that Steve. Good start. Let's hope he means it when he says he's listening to us. Wonder who will replace Hunter.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:56 pm Thanks for sharing that Steve. Good start. Let's hope he means it when he says he's listening to us. Wonder who will replace Hunter.
Hunter's seat isn't even lukewarm, though it should be.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I like how he’s open for suggestions and I also like that if we feel something needs to be done differently he wants to hear about
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

I understand that Dannen turned down a $10,000 Green Wave Club donation because he has a problem with the contributing person ….
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:19 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:56 pm Thanks for sharing that Steve. Good start. Let's hope he means it when he says he's listening to us. Wonder who will replace Hunter.
Hunter's seat isn't even lukewarm, though it should be.
Not telling anyone anything they don't know. But he said he's listening so we'll see.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

He wants to listen to the fans. How incredibly refreshing from the past. I may just walk back from across the street and tell him “Thanks “!
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:25 pm Regardless of whom anyone wants to say is responsible for the IPF, the fact remains: We've gotten more transparency and specifics from David Harris in ONE MONTH than we EVER got from our previous two ADs.
Exactly, I was not thrilled with the hire but starting to like this man and think he just might be a great hire!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!