February NSD Class of 2024

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Is tomorrow. Let's see who our aggressive staff can reel in.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I will say this, I just went and looked at 247s composite recruit rankings for Tulane the last few years. In Willie's last two seasons, we had an average of 84.21 and 84.20. Those were the best we had ever been. As of right now, Coach Sumrall's initial class has an average rating of 84.81.

Note: these rankings DO NOT include transfers, and we've clearly done better this year than in the past.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:33 pm I will say this, I just went and looked at 247s composite recruit rankings for Tulane the last few years. In Willie's last two seasons, we had an average of 84.21 and 84.20. Those were the best we had ever been. As of right now, Coach Sumrall's initial class has an average rating of 84.81.

Note: these rankings DO NOT include transfers, and we've clearly done better this year than in the past.
We are 1st in the AAC in transfers, but they only say we got (1) 4 star and (9) 3 Star transfers, lol Mario Williams is the only 4 Star, Ty Thomson is rated 3 Star along with Preston.
Rated # 58th team in the Portal
58 Tulane
13 Commits

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Footb ... erence=AAC

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... nkey=24057
Greeniegb
Swell

Coach Fritz lost (6) 4 Star players to the Portal and only got (1) 4star out the Portal
As a team Houston is ranked 24 th best in the Portal, (17) 3-star transfers.
YulkeithBrownFan
Ripple

There is a ruthless downgrading 247 takes when P5 players sign with G5s. If Shazz or Ty had committed to LSU i guarantee you he'd be a high 4 star.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:44 am Coach Fritz lost (6) 4 Star players to the Portal and only got (1) 4star out the Portal
As a team Houston is ranked 24 th best in the Portal, (17) 3-star transfers.
You must be talking about Fritz losing players at UH. We didn't have 6 four star players to lose. I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't give a damn about Fritz and the portal at UH.

Getting back to our program, anyone signed yet today?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

YulkeithBrownFan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:35 am There is a ruthless downgrading 247 takes when P5 players sign with G5s. If Shazz or Ty had committed to LSU i guarantee you he'd be a high 4 star.
[b]I beg your pardon dude you are off base; Check the Transfer Portal Players are given two ratings their high school rating, which is only potential, their second rating is what you have done for me lately. What have they done is college. A 3-year bench warmer like Thomson and Preston are rated 3 Star because the team left them go instead of giving more NIL money to keep these guys. The teams saw they could get better players. When you blurt something out do some research. Ex Platt left Tulane and because of his performance became a 4 Star transfer, the only 4 Star Transfer Houston has out of 18 transfer players. I have looked up and down the transfer portal that is the way it is educate yourself!!! Thompson is coming in as a 3-star transfer and will have to compete, Williams from USC is coming in as a 4 Star Transfer, facts!!![/b]
arkhou02
High Tide

OL Reese Baker to Tulane. Good player.

Now the wait for Zycarl.
mbissanti
High Tide

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:07 am
YulkeithBrownFan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:35 am There is a ruthless downgrading 247 takes when P5 players sign with G5s. If Shazz or Ty had committed to LSU i guarantee you he'd be a high 4 star.
[b]I beg your pardon dude you are off base; Check the Transfer Portal Players are given two ratings their high school rating, which is only potential, their second rating is what you have done for me lately. What have they done is college. A 3-year bench warmer like Thomson and Preston are rated 3 Star because the team left them go instead of giving more NIL money to keep these guys. The teams saw they could get better players. When you blurt something out do some research. Ex Platt left Tulane and because of his performance became a 4 Star transfer, the only 4 Star Transfer Houston has out of 18 transfer players. I have looked up and down the transfer portal that is the way it is educate yourself!!! Thompson is coming in as a 3-star transfer and will have to compete, Williams from USC is coming in as a 4 Star Transfer, facts!!![/b]
We do all know that the ratings are not that accurate and likely not worth so much arguing over, right?
Greeniegb
Swell

mbissanti wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:35 am
Greeniegb wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:07 am
We do all know that the ratings are not that accurate and likely not worth so much arguing over, right?
Performance matters and sitting the bench for 3 years is not a typical 4 or 5 Star player, not when a team brings in other players off the Portal to replace you. That is why we play the game and competition begins in March.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:30 am OL Reese Baker to Tulane. Good player.

Now the wait for Zycarl.
Baker is a good get. I saw ON3 had him all but enrolled at Auburn!

Somehow ON3 has downgraded us today. We went from 74th to 85 and from 3rd to 7th in the AAC. They even dropped our average player ranking by .2 . I don't get it. By other measures we're having a great recruiting and transfer year.
mbissanti
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:57 am
arkhou02 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:30 am OL Reese Baker to Tulane. Good player.

Now the wait for Zycarl.

Somehow ON3 has downgraded us today. We went from 74th to 85 and from 3rd to 7th in the AAC. They even dropped our average player ranking by .2 . I don't get it. By other measures we're having a great recruiting and transfer year.
follow the money. someone paid for it
Greeniegb
Swell

mbissanti wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:59 am

Now the wait for Zycarl.

We have continue moving up the ratings on 247, depends on who you are looking at!!! Around #70 across the board!!!
Forever TU
Surge

We just officially reeled in Zycarl Lewis
Greeniegb
Swell

Forever TU wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:07 am We just officially reeled in Zycarl Lewis
YeAAAAAA

Sounds like Spears I like this review no ACL's because of his intense cuts, ha ha sounds familiar!!!

"You know the phrase, lighting in a bottle? Zycarl is a little bit of lightning and thunder in a bottle. He not only runs around and away from people, he runs through them as well. People don't believe that he has ACLs because of the moves that he makes. It hurts me sometimes watching the cuts that he makes. His nickname is 'Flash.'"

Listed at 5-foot-10, 160-pounds, Lewis' weight fluctuates throughout the year, according to Nickerson.

"He's a track guy so he loses weight in the off-season but this summer he'll pack some weight back on," he said. "His playing weight is around 175-180 pounds."
Last edited by Greeniegb on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Sumrall has killed it on the recruiting trail. Still need some studs for the Front Seven!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Now the wait for Zycarl.

You're telling me 3 schools paid to jump ahead of Tulane in the AAC rankings, or someone paid to have Tulane rankings downgraded? I have a tough time buying either, sounds too much like a conspiracy theory to me.

And gbg, where do you see 70 across the board?

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/

I was referring to ON3, a website many others on this board have referred to as well. They're updating frequently throughout the day. Here's what they have for Tulane: https://www.on3.com/college/tulane-gree ... n-commits/

If we got Zycarl Lewis, we should be moving up!
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:10 am Sumrall has killed it on the recruiting trail. Still need some studs for the Front Seven!
Absolutely agree on all fronts. A couple of D lineman, HS or Portal, and we'd be pretty well set. Man, the talent we have at WR is unreal!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbissanti
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:12 am

You're telling me 3 schools paid to jump ahead of Tulane in the AAC rankings, or someone paid to have Tulane rankings downgraded? I have a tough time buying either, sounds too much like a conspiracy theory to me.

I was referring to ON3, a website many others on this board have referred to as well. They're updating frequently throughout the day. Here's what they have for Tulane: https://www.on3.com/college/tulane-gree ... n-commits/

I am telling you these decisions are made by someone with power of money or control of narrative. But the ratings are only a guide and do not affect performance. Fun to look at but you need to give them a HUGE GRAIN OF SALT
arkhou02
High Tide

Anyone with half a brain know the sites are BS. How in the hell did we win 23 games the past two years with the recruiting classes we had. Bottom line is what schools did we compete with to get most, not all, of these recruits.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Sumrall is holding a press conference in the Stadium bunker suite this morning discussing the recruiting class in depth but I can't find where its streaming. Only found a couple of snippets on twitter. Anyone have a link?
Greeniegb
Swell

Tulane 2024 Football Commits (19)
TULANE 2024 COMMITS 247SPORTS

Overall Rank: 67
Composite Rank: 66
Transfer Rank: 59

247 Sports are more accurate with Rivals updated with each signee also

Greeniegb
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:37 am

Tulane 2024 Football Commits (19)
TULANE 2024 COMMITS 247SPORTS

Overall Rank: 67
Composite Rank: 66
Transfer Rank: 59

247 Sports are more accurate with Rivals updated with each signee also

Head coach: Jon Sumrall
Director of Player Personnel: Cole Heard

Breakdown
BY STATE
Florida (5)
Louisiana (5)
Mississippi (4)
Alabama (3)
Georgia (1)
Texas (1)
BY POSITION
Quarterback (1)
Running Back (1)
Receiver (2)
Offensive Line (6)
Defensive Line (1)
Defensive Back (7)
Special Teams (1)

Go to the real recruiting 247 Sports, ON3 still has Fritz as our coach, rediculous can't even update the coach.