Tulane Beats Temple in OT 92-80

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is tomorrow at 3. it will be on ESPNU. Temple was picked to come in 12th. They are 8-13 ,1-7.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
High Tide

Dynamite match up.

Over and under on people at the gym excluding both staffs at 500. I may take the under.

Over under on Tulane offensive boards is 6. This is a tough one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is favored by 9.5.
mbissanti
High Tide

nearing game time and you can see how the interest in this room has decreased
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What we have to hope has increased is Harris' interest in the state of the program. Hope he's aware that Hunter himself declared that this is the most talented team he's had in his coaching career.
mbissanti
High Tide

Is forbes hurt or benched. Neither would surprise me
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Rebounding.
With a 3 point lead, we have 3 players closer to the basket than Temple on a miss in the waning seconds of regulation. But we don’t block out, Temple gets the rebound, kicks it out for a three to go to overtime.

Rebounding wins and loses games. We don’t rebound worth a crap because our coach arrogantly thinks it doesn’t matter, his D (worst in the conference) is more important.

Edit: I’ll take the OT win. There was no way the favored Wave was covering in regulation!
Last edited by DfromCT on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbissanti
High Tide

a win but we underperformed, like every game. OT against worst team in conference. Made a new star again for them
arkhou02
High Tide

We actually out rebounded a team. AND we won. WOW!
GreenLantern
Riptide

The following data is from a site I use to collect college sports stats. Here's the offensive rebounding info as of 2/4 for the bottom 13 of the 362 NCAA basketball teams. I don't have the basketball technical knowledge of many of you, but I believe that if we weren't statistically last in offensive rebounds we might have won another game or two, huh?

RobertM320
Green Wave

And if you look at the 2022 column on that list, we're the only one that's been that bad two seasons in a row. I mean, its not even close.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bad basketball but we won which is better than the alternative. As to Forbes Hunter said he has a tailbone injury so I'm assuming he sat out most of the second half due to injury. We have a week off so hopefully that helps him recover fully and he can finish his disappointing season strong. A while back Asher Woods got some playing time and looked capable. I thought he should be getting more PT. Glad to see him step up today. With him, Wlliams, Daniels and Glenn we should have a 9 man rotation. But alas with Hunter it won't happen.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I dont think Glenn played today which was surprising. Look at how well Daniels did (despite the fouls some of which he actually committed). Hunter just doesn’t want too many players to hit the stat sheet in a game, or so it seems.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

31 for 35 from the FT line and 24 in a row. That’s why we won. That and Temple wasn’t big, so Holloway, Cross and James could drive the lane and make something work.

Forbes pulled himself out of the game. Scored 2 points.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:16 pm I dont think Glenn played today which was surprising. Look at how well Daniels did (despite the fouls some of which he actually committed). Hunter just doesn’t want too many players to hit the stat sheet in a game, or so it seems.
Cross used to get in foul trouble and always got questionable calls against him. By getting playing time, he learned how to avoid fouls and avoid looking like a foul. Because of that referees gave him the benefit of the doubt. By sitting Daniels on the bench for the first half of the year, Hunter never gave him the opportunity to get experience and become a smarter player. Wasted.
Show Me
Tsunami

Didn’t know we plAyed. :lol:
TerryD101
Ripple

We played to the level of competition. They were almost last in NCAA in shooting, but we let them hang around.

Officiating sucked. Inconsistent calls and whistle happy. Killed flow.

Forbes has quit. Seems to me. Bad body language last few games. Acting out.

Asher gave us the spark. Looked confident.

Sion had a very quiet game.

Shoutout to Holloway. Played great game
anEngineer
Riptide

TerryD101 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:12 am We played to the level of competition. They were almost last in NCAA in shooting, but we let them hang around.

Officiating sucked. Inconsistent calls and whistle happy. Killed flow.

Forbes has quit. Seems to me. Bad body language last few games. Acting out.

Asher gave us the spark. Looked confident.

Sion had a very quiet game.

Shoutout to Holloway. Played great game
Stop making stuff up. Forbes didn't quit, he's hurt from when he fell on his back in the UTSA game. He took himself out in the 2nd half. There are things to not like about Hunter, but his players don't quit. Asher Woods did give a spark and should have been getting some minutes all year. Holloway shows what he's capable of when he's healthy. The week off is very welcomed to rest and heal up.