SMU Beats Hunter 80-76

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play at SMU on Thursday at 6. The game will be on ESPN 2. They were picked to come in 7th. They are currently 13-7,4-3.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Interesting how that article points out how an opposing player has their career-best game against us night after night. I wonder if Guerry gets some of his ideas from our board?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbissanti
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:07 pm Interesting how that article points out how an opposing player has their career-best game against us night after night. I wonder if Guerry gets some of his ideas from our board?
exactly
winwave
Top of the WAVE

SMU is favored by 8.5.
TerryD101
Ripple

Broken record, but

We need to rebound
Make 80% of our foul shots
Play with urgency
Make 38% of 3's, since that's our only offense

Prediction

Tulane 77
SMU 86
Jaxwave
Swell

SMU 13 second chance points just before halftime Tulane 0. Tulane down 8. Box out and we’re winning.
Jaxwave
Swell

Tulane down by 10. SMU with 17 second chance points. And hitting 3s. Hunter gonna continue to lose winnable games with his nonsensical defense allowing so many off rebounds and open threes.
Jaxwave
Swell

Need a change since coach won’t. I despise his coaching style. All medium sized forwards who play at 3 pt line on offense and then are not taught to box out against bigger players on the defense in.
Hunter can’t be this stupid to think that’s going to work. I guess we know why he schedules the way he does OOC
Last edited by Jaxwave on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbissanti
High Tide

i cannot even post anymore. it is such a broken record
Jaxwave
Swell

Put a big in coach! They have 24 second chance points!
Jaxwave
Swell

Get to within 4 and the offense generates a wild three as shot clock winds down. No play to execute. This guy can’t coach a lick.
Jaxwave
Swell

Every time Tulane gets close Forbes throws up off balance .3. That is the best Hunter can draw up.
Jaxwave
Swell

Tulane needs .two 3s with 20 seconds to play and of course our pt guard drives to the basket
Jaxwave
Swell

Then does it again with 10 seconds left. Does Hunter coach at all during a game. I’ve never seen worse end of game decision my life.
Jaxwave
Swell

Then drive again with 3 seconds left down by 6. What the hell?
Jaxwave
Swell

Perry Clark too embarrassed to call out Hunter for the stupidity.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:17 pm Perry Clark too embarrassed to call out Hunter for the stupidity.
Exactly. Perry was merciful. He didn’t want to de-pants Hunter on ESPN2. I wish he had.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbissanti
High Tide

is it even worth doing game thread for next game?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As Tulane fans we all know too well that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity. Harris has to fire him or the place will sit empty next year. We just don't deserve to endure this any longer.
Greeniegb
Swell

You guys should have been at the women's game last night, Coach Stockton clearly outcoached the Charlotte Coach in the final two minutes drawing up plays like perfection giving the ball to star Whittingt0n who drew the defense to her dishing off for easy baskets by other players twice. The players executed to perfection after a 3 pointer by Golic.

Women’s Basketball Earns Thrilling Final Minute Victory Over Charlotte

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2024/1 ... lotte.aspx
anEngineer
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:29 pm You guys should have been at the women's game last night, Coach Stockton clearly outcoached the Charlotte Coach in the final two minutes drawing up plays like perfection giving the ball to star Whittingt0n who drew the defense to her dishing off for easy baskets by other players twice. The players executed to perfection after a 3 pointer by Golic.

Women’s Basketball Earns Thrilling Final Minute Victory Over Charlotte

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2024/1 ... lotte.aspx
Off topic but Tulane women and coaches really did perform last night at the end of the game. My daughter texted me after the first perfect play they ran to say how good it was. I told her it could have been the best play they ran all year. Two possessions later, they ran something similar and scored again. Good win.
OUG
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:14 pm Tulane needs .two 3s with 20 seconds to play and of course our pt guard drives to the basket
As someone who had Tulane +8.5 it’s almost like they were playing to cover.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

With both teams slumping coming into the game, coaches had different approaches to try to get them out of their poor play of late. One coach ran his team hard with drills and teaching. The other let the Seniors run practice and take it light. Guess which team was ours?(hint:the team that won was coached)

And I don’t give a damn about our horrible women’s basketball team. Both the women’s and men’s programs are tough to watch, so I can only watch one. One team is poorly coached, the other lacks talent. I’ll choose the men who suck a little bit less. But it’s getting to the point where I cannot watch Tulane Basketball. And it looks like the players are giving up on Hunter, or at least realize he’s not a good coach. Once again a nobody has a career night against Tulane and most of it was due to getting 2nd and 3rd chances from under the hoop. Brutal to lack fundamentals so obviously. And Hunter’s D plan is to outscore everyone. Pathetic
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE