FTW Collective Advertising

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Posting this because I'm slightly annoyed more than anything else.

I reached out to the FTW Collective over on X back in the first week of December, offering them advertising space on the forum, in the form of a banner on the sidebar. For FREE.

It has since been 7 weeks with only a single response the same day I messaged them (December 9), saying they were interested. Since then, crickets and not a response from any of my follow-up messages.

This forum easily averages over 150k page views a month with THOUSANDS of eyes on the site. And this advertisement would have been on EVERY page, ALL the time, and not in rotation.

It is what it is, but it definitely feels "typical Tulane" to me. Maybe one of them will read this and offer a response.

ROLL WAVE

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:02 am Posting this because I'm slightly annoyed more than anything else.

I reached out to the FTW Collective over on X back in the first week of December, offering them advertising space on the forum, in the form of a banner on the sidebar. For FREE.

It has since been 7 weeks with only a single response the same day I messaged them (December 9), saying they were interested. Since then, crickets and not a response from any of my follow-up messages.

This forum easily averages over 150k page views a month with THOUSANDS of eyes on the site. And this advertisement would have been on EVERY page, ALL the time, and not in rotation.

It is what it is, but it definitely feels "typical Tulane" to me. Maybe one of them will read this and offer a response.

ROLL WAVE
Steve, I recieved an email about the event, if overstepped by posting please accept my apologies. and feel free to delete the post
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:06 am Steve, I recieved an email about the event, if overstepped by posting please accept my apologies. and feel free to delete the post
No man, you're good. This is totally unrelated. I saw the event you posted promoted on social media. This is totally separate.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for making that offer to them. Hope they take advantage of it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Steve, Michael Arata ask me to give you his phone number and have you call him. I'll DM it to you now.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Thanks y'all. Word got out, and I heard back from them. I appreciate it.
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd much rather see a FTW ad than the one currently to my right showing a button-popping stomach advertising a belly-burning pro-biotic!

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

I see you've got it posted now, but maybe we can improve it some? Its just a logo and the words Fear the Wave Collective. Is there any way to add something like, "click here to learn more about FTW", or "click here to donate"? Just something that lets people know what to do.

Just trying to help.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

FTW = For the Win!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:43 am I see you've got it posted now, but maybe we can improve it some? Its just a logo and the words Fear the Wave Collective. Is there any way to add something like, "click here to learn more about FTW", or "click here to donate"? Just something that lets people know what to do.

Just trying to help.
The graphic they provided wasn’t that great, so I swiped that logo from their site. When I get time, I’ll see if I can improve it. But I do agree, verbiage would be better.
Roll Wave!