Michael Pratt NFL evaluation

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2024/01 ... draft-2024
Prospect Projection: Day 3 — Developmental Traits

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I’d like to see what’s said about him at the end of Senior Bowl week. The week of practice with NFL coaches is probably as important or more important than the actual game.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TerryD101
Ripple

This past season hurt him dearly. He probably lost 2 rounds in the draft. Think he's a 4th rounder. This past year he was injured, hurried often and hit plenty, non of his fault, but it hurt his performance. I hope he goes somewhere with a veteran QB that he can learn from from maybe 2 years.
Pepper
Swell

Would love to see him go to the Saints.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Dave breslin
Swell

Wish him the best. He gave us some of the best years in Tulane’s football history.
greenphantom
Swell

I don't expect him to be a star but I do think he will make it and have a long career.
puffy
Surge

I think Pratt will be stellar in all of his workouts and interviews leading up to the Draft, and his stock will elevate as a result. Every team needs some quality and affordable depth at QB, as this NFL season has shown (nearly 60 different quarterbacks have started a game this season).
Show Me
Tsunami

Day 3 means he thinks he won’t be drafted. Interesting.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:35 pm Day 3 means he thinks he won’t be drafted. Interesting.
No, it means he thinks he’s not going in the first 3 rounds. Day three is when the majority of drafted players are picked.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:35 pm Day 3 means he thinks he won’t be drafted. Interesting.
The NFL Draft takes place over three days (Thursday through Saturday). Only the first round is held on Thursday. The second and third rounds are on Friday. Rounds 4-7 are on Saturday.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Early standout at the Senior Bowl. Most see him as a 3rd round pick, could move into 2nd round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/ne ... standouts/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link D.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

Senior Bowl Stock Up and Stock Down Day 1:

Senior Bowl Day 1 Stock Down
Jha’Quan Jackson, WR, Tulane
Jha’Quan Jackson isn’t going to be an overly imposing catch-point threat at 5’9″, 190 pounds, so he needs to prove he can separate consistently. He has the requisite athleticism, but on Tuesday, wasted movement and a lack of spatial awareness plagued him in 1-on-1s. He’ll need to sharpen his steps and seek more efficiency in the coming days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/se ... d6cb&ei=17
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Pepper
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:36 am Senior Bowl Stock Up and Stock Down Day 1:

Senior Bowl Day 1 Stock Down
Jha’Quan Jackson, WR, Tulane
Jha’Quan Jackson isn’t going to be an overly imposing catch-point threat at 5’9″, 190 pounds, so he needs to prove he can separate consistently. He has the requisite athleticism, but on Tuesday, wasted movement and a lack of spatial awareness plagued him in 1-on-1s. He’ll need to sharpen his steps and seek more efficiency in the coming days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/se ... d6cb&ei=17
I would not reference that communist site.

This is from ESPN:

Sleeper receiver on the rise
Sleeper receiver on the rise

Tulane WR Jha'Quan Jackson showed good route pace, quickness and hands during the one-on-one session of the afternoon practice. Winning each of his reps, the Tulane target had another productive practice, and scouts are buzzing about his stock. Coming into the Senior Bowl, he was a mid-Day 3 pick, but he’s trending upward. Jackson caught 26 passes for 439 yards and four scores in 2023. -- Reid
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pratt if given the chance will excel in the NFL. I’d love to see him end up in Denver. He could have a great chance of being their starter there. Russell Wilson in the Payton doghouse
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024 ... rom-day-2/
"[Pratt's] arm was better than I anticipated," Spielman said. "Had some very good accuracy on some of the throws he made. I thought he looked better in person than what I saw on tape earlier this year."
Standouts
Ryan Wilson's QB of the Day: Tulane's Michael Pratt
"I think he continues to impress," Wilson said. "I think Michael Pratt has impressed with his mobility. The toughness is unquestioned. He'll continue to learn as a decision maker. Second round might be a little rich."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

puffy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:00 pm https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024 ... rom-day-2/
"[Pratt's] arm was better than I anticipated," Spielman said. "Had some very good accuracy on some of the throws he made. I thought he looked better in person than what I saw on tape earlier this year."
Standouts
Ryan Wilson's QB of the Day: Tulane's Michael Pratt
"I think he continues to impress," Wilson said. "I think Michael Pratt has impressed with his mobility. The toughness is unquestioned. He'll continue to learn as a decision maker. Second round might be a little rich."
Pratt has played hurt most of his career. So he’ll naturally look better in person since he’s finally healthy
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:51 am Answering questions:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/form ... 077cc.html
You have to wonder why the kind of analysis that Tony Racioppi has done wasn't done over four seasons of college football. As great as Pratt's Tulane career was--what might have been.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:49 pm Pratt if given the chance will excel in the NFL. I’d love to see him end up in Denver. He could have a great chance of being their starter there. Russell Wilson in the Payton doghouse
I'd love to see him up here but would also love to see him with the Saints. A couple years behind Carr would really get Pratt ready for a long run as the Saint's main man.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:01 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:49 pm Pratt if given the chance will excel in the NFL. I’d love to see him end up in Denver. He could have a great chance of being their starter there. Russell Wilson in the Payton doghouse
I'd love to see him up here but would also love to see him with the Saints. A couple years behind Carr would really get Pratt ready for a long run as the Saint's main man.
For some reason, Saints seem to avoid drafting local players. LSU people have complained about it for a long time. Passing on Spears last year suggests that Tulane may also be on that list.