Tulane Beats #10 Memphis 81-79!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TerryD101
Ripple

We are not a good team. Cross plays point guard, but has no handle and is slow. Forbes is way to inconsistent and has bad attitude. Sion is average at best. Holloway is average. King is below average. Percy and Glenn are terrible. Woods is terrible.

mbissanti
High Tide

TerryD101 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:31 am We are not a good team. Cross plays point guard, but has no handle and is slow. Forbes is way to inconsistent and has bad attitude. Sion is average at best. Holloway is average. King is below average. Percy and Glenn are terrible. Woods is terrible.
I disagree. Hunter has them in wrong roles. Forbes could be more disciplined with better coaching. Holloway & sion would be stars with in game tactics and plays. The team plays with a handicap by rebounding giving opponents twice the opportunities to score.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TerryD101 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:31 am We are not a good team. Cross plays point guard, but has no handle and is slow. Forbes is way to inconsistent and has bad attitude. Sion is average at best. Holloway is average. King is below average. Percy and Glenn are terrible. Woods is terrible.
I think most of our fan base would disagree with you on the talent issue. Forbes was picked as the AAC Pre-Season Player of the Year and his past performances warranted that. Cross is a good player and is made to be a point forward. He achieved a rare back to back 20 point triple double this season. For arguments sake though if it is a talent issue then that's another reason he needs to be gone as he's been here 5 years and all the players are his.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

James and Holloway could be outstanding with a team that runs a disciplined offense. Cross is an outstanding college player who could contribute anywhere. Forbes is a very good, but streaky, outside shooter. King is OK, but a marginal shooter. Daniels is the only player on this team that hangs around to get rebounds, but he gets in foul trouble and could maybe benefit from more experience. Glenn plays hard and contributes at times, but commits fouls too quickly. Williams made a difference when he got back, but he is bench support.
anEngineer
Riptide

Memphis down by 14 at UAB under 10 minutes left
greenie78
Riptide

Memphis is overrated obviously.
RobertM320
Green Wave

The last winless in conference team got their first win today. Wichita State (9-11, 1-6) beat SMU (13-7, 4-3) 77-72.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play SMU next.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbissanti
High Tide

we would compete for conference championship and postseason if we had a top coach and this talent
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbissanti wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:20 pm we would compete for conference championship and postseason if we had a top coach and this talent
I think so. Our players are much better than our head coach.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:12 pm
mbissanti wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:20 pm we would compete for conference championship and postseason if we had a top coach and this talent
I think so. Our players are much better than our head coach.
+1000
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
arkhou02
High Tide

I know the coaching is terrible, but the talent is not that great. We have a couple of players, but most of these guys would be bench players at many schools. Our coach is consistently bad and our players are very inconsistent. Just need to start over and Will Wade should be the first stop.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 am I know the coaching is terrible, but the talent is not that great. We have a couple of players, but most of these guys would be bench players at many schools. Our coach is consistently bad and our players are very inconsistent. Just need to start over and Will Wade should be the first stop.
In an absolute sense, it's hard to say how good our players are or are not. They seem quite athletic. Keep in mind, we see the coaching deficiencies a couple times a week when we watch the games, but our players are stuck with bad coaching every day they go to practice--which has to have a corrosive effect on their play. We'll probably never really know how good many of our players could be--Hunter isn't giving them a chance to show what they might do.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell

Please stop with the Will Wade stuff. He is is a complete scumbag.
anEngineer
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am Please stop with the Will Wade stuff. He is is a complete scumbag.
I am sick of it as well. Those who want Wade have made their thoughts known. I don't think Tulane should or would consider such a character. Enough already.
arkhou02
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:43 am
arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 am I know the coaching is terrible, but the talent is not that great. We have a couple of players, but most of these guys would be bench players at many schools. Our coach is consistently bad and our players are very inconsistent. Just need to start over and Will Wade should be the first stop.
In an absolute sense, it's hard to say how good our players are or are not. They seem quite athletic. Keep in mind, we see the coaching deficiencies a couple times a week when we watch the games, but our players are stuck with bad coaching every day they go to practice--which has to have a corrosive effect on their play. We'll probably never really know how good many of our players could be--Hunter isn't giving them a chance to show what they might do.
Very fair point.
arkhou02
High Tide

anEngineer wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 am
Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am Please stop with the Will Wade stuff. He is is a complete scumbag.
I am sick of it as well. Those who want Wade have made their thoughts known. I don't think Tulane should or would consider such a character. Enough already.
Let Harris decide. He should get an interview and be able to tell his story from then to now.
Show Me
Tsunami

He’s 18-2 at McNeese. I’ll take that scum bag over the crap we have now any day.
mbissanti
High Tide

Show Me wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:04 pm
He’s 18-2 at McNeese. I’ll take that scum bag over the crap we have now any day.
yep
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Problem with getting him is that the McNeese job has now cleansed him and the big boys will come calling.
arkhou02
High Tide

Wade doesn’t need any cleaning in today’s environment.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Probably not but most name schools prefer someone else thake the PR hit that comes.No matter the ruke changes the media will still bring it up and now that's been done.
anEngineer
Riptide

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 pm
anEngineer wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 am
Let Harris decide. He should get an interview and be able to tell his story from then to now.
We all know his story. There is documented audio. He broke rules that existed at the time that were extremely serious. When confronted, he denied it and dared his employer to fire him. Some people would want people like that influencing their workforce and mission, I would not.
greenie78
Riptide

My nephew works with the McNeese basketball. It's obvious Wade is a great coach and what he did back at LSU isn't anything unusual for college basketball coaches. He's turned around a dead basketball program and they're selling out games in their 4,200 arena against Southland teams. He told my nephew that he would only leave McNeese for the right situation meaning not Tulane. Fans on here acting like they're too good for Will Wade is funny as he'll get offers at power conference schools. Watch for Louisville as a possibility.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:48 pm My nephew works with the McNeese basketball. It's obvious Wade is a great coach and what he did back at LSU isn't anything unusual for college basketball coaches. He's turned around a dead basketball program and they're selling out games in their 4,200 arena against Southland teams. He told my nephew that he would only leave McNeese for the right situation meaning not Tulane. Fans on here acting like they're too good for Will Wade is funny as he'll get offers at power conference schools. Watch for Louisville as a possibility.
Yes. The move to P5 is his next one.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981