QB Ty Thompson

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24736
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

He's a 5 star so yes he'd fit that category. Duh.


BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:50 am He's a 5 star so yes he'd fit that category. Duh.
At any given time there's 150-200 kids playing college football that were 5 star recruits out of HS, Seems like that's a sizeable number of kids getting 6 figure deals. At least far more than the "very few" you always mention.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Very exciting addition and glad Horton is staying as well. Both are capable of being solid QBs and hopefully one can emerge as a star.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24736
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:50 am He's a 5 star so yes he'd fit that category. Duh.
At any given time there's 150-200 kids playing college football that were 5 star recruits out of HS, Seems like that's a sizeable number of kids getting 6 figure deals. At least far more than the "very few" you always mention.
You realize there are over 11,000 scholarship players. There are only about 30 a year so 120-150. So maybe 1 per team. That's very few of the total number. Duh.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:12 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:50 am He's a 5 star so yes he'd fit that category. Duh.
At any given time there's 150-200 kids playing college football that were 5 star recruits out of HS, Seems like that's a sizeable number of kids getting 6 figure deals. At least far more than the "very few" you always mention.
You realize there are over 11,000 scholarship players. There are only about 30 a year so 120-150. So maybe 1 per team. That's very few of the total number. Duh.
Between redshirt years, injury years and Covid years, you have closer to 200. And that's assuming a strict cutoff that says no 4 star gets a six figure NIL deal. You were saying only a handful, and you're wrong.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Dupergreenie
Surge
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:40 am Here's some nice advanced analytic numbers for Ty, courtesy of the Tulane analytics guy:

91% completion rate, and 2.17 second release when blitzed. Is that good? :o :o

Kai can do it in 2.16 so obviously this young man is trash.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24736
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:19 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:12 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 am

At any given time there's 150-200 kids playing college football that were 5 star recruits out of HS, Seems like that's a sizeable number of kids getting 6 figure deals. At least far more than the "very few" you always mention.
You realize there are over 11,000 scholarship players. There are only about 30 a year so 120-150. So maybe 1 per team. That's very few of the total number. Duh.
Between redshirt years, injury years and Covid years, you have closer to 200. And that's assuming a strict cutoff that says no 4 star gets a six figure NIL deal. You were saying only a handful, and you're wrong.
You also have those that go 3 years and go pro. Even adding some 4 stars it's still a very small number. I'm right . You're wrong as always and just continue to show your ass. This was a thread where everyone is happy and excited that we could get such a player and you want to come and ruin it thinking you had a gotcha moment. Seriously.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Malachi Nelson goes to Boise in the end.

Who would you rather have? I could see arguments for both but I think Thompson is the better pick up. He's got some in game experience and was part of Oregon teams that went 32-9. Just watching and learning from a group of guys that win so much, it's huge for his leadership going forward.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24736
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Agree. Definitely glad we got Thompson. It's being said there may be injury issues with Nelson. As I posted about Thompson he made the most of his opportunities when he played at Oregon. We needed a quality portal transfer at the most important position and we got one.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

The likelihood of Ty Thompson starting for Oregon Football is dropping, not 0 | Oregon Ducks Podcast

]https://www.khou.com/video/sports/locke ... 4735c44825

Image
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12927
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:26 pm The likelihood of Ty Thompson starting for Oregon Football is dropping, not 0 | Oregon Ducks Podcast

]https://www.khou.com/video/sports/locke ... 4735c44825

Image
That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:35 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:26 pm The likelihood of Ty Thompson starting for Oregon Football is dropping, not 0 | Oregon Ducks Podcast

]https://www.khou.com/video/sports/locke ... 4735c44825

Image
That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:35 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:26 pm The likelihood of Ty Thompson starting for Oregon Football is dropping, not 0 | Oregon Ducks Podcast

]https://www.khou.com/video/sports/locke ... 4735c44825

Image
That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
That;'s not why they brought in Nix and Gabriel. If the opportunity came for Fritz to have landed Jayden Daniels or Michael Penix in the portal, Pratt would have been sitting the bench in a heartbeat. Wouldn't have made Pratt a lesser player. You ALWAYS upgrade when you can. ALWAYS.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
capwave
High Tide
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:37 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:35 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:26 pm The likelihood of Ty Thompson starting for Oregon Football is dropping, not 0 | Oregon Ducks Podcast

]https://www.khou.com/video/sports/locke ... 4735c44825

Image
That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

capwave wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:35 pm

That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
Just stating facts take away high school, Ty 4-5 Star, Kai High 3 Star. Everyone did not want to hear about Kai's two state championships. Ok then I don't want to hear about Ty's high school either. Wash!!! In college they both were backups to great quarterbacks. but Oregon brought in two transfer quarterbacks, We bring in Ty as a transfer, Sumrall convinced Kai to stay. Kai played more because of Pratt's and Ibieta's injuries. Kai played against top competition Ole Miss, Cincinatti, Virginia Tech, Houston. Mix reviews. Ty 6 TD passes and 4 interceptions. Going into Spring training it should be Kai's job to lose, May the best kid win!!! I will be at the Spring game, Look back at last year's spring game Kai beat Pratt 21-0 with two touchdown passes. Will be good competition!!!
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Are you sure Sumrall convinced KH to stay or were there no bites for him in the portal water?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12927
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:35 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:26 pm The likelihood of Ty Thompson starting for Oregon Football is dropping, not 0 | Oregon Ducks Podcast

]https://www.khou.com/video/sports/locke ... 4735c44825

Image
That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
Kai had 1 more interception, the same TDs and the same amount of passes. Food for thought. Maybe that's why we brought in a portal qb, and he's making the most NIL money on the team.

It won't be Kai's job to lose, at best it will be his job to win.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:28 am
capwave wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm

They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
Just stating facts take away high school, Ty 4-5 Star, Kai High 3 Star. Everyone did not want to hear about Kai's two state championships. Ok then I don't want to hear about Ty's high school either. Wash!!! In college they both were backups to great quarterbacks. but Oregon brought in two transfer quarterbacks, We bring in Ty as a transfer, Sumrall convinced Kai to stay. Kai played more because of Pratt's and Ibieta's injuries. Kai played against top competition Ole Miss, Cincinatti, Virginia Tech, Houston. Mix reviews. Ty 6 TD passes and 4 interceptions. Going into Spring training it should be Kai's job to lose, May the best kid win!!! I will be at the Spring game, Look back at last year's spring game Kai beat Pratt 21-0 with two touchdown passes. Will be good competition!!!
And Ty played against top competition as well -- Arizona State, Arizona, BYU, Stanford, California, Colorado.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7407
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Pepper wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:50 am Are you sure Sumrall convinced KH to stay or were there no bites for him in the portal water?
This.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 7407
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

capwave wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:35 pm

That was from last May. You must have searched high and low for some dirt on Thompson and that's what you came up with? A fan podcast from his old school in the middle of the break between spring practice and summer camp? And with a Heisman finalist ahead of him on the depth chart, it wasn't shocking news that he wasn't going to start in 2023.

I thought I heard that that podcast predicted he would be the starter somewhere in 2024. And since he's the highest NIL outlay on the roster, probably will be our starter for two years, barring injury.
They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
That is exactly what Mrs. Horton is doing--and no, he/she won't stop. It's a dual personality issue, kind of like Psycho-- "Why, She Wouldn't Even Harm A Fly".
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 2377
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Cmon guys, back both QBs no need to compare them and denigrate them. We’re better than this. Coach Sumrall will work it out.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

O-lineman, D-lineman & cover 0 db’s you can have a sh*tbird at QB & still win most, if not all of your games ( with very good coaching).
I don’t know of a team sport position group that is that is given more & less credit for the outcome of games.
It funny to watch it all play out.
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Spring game! LMAO!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:13 am
capwave wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:49 pm

They brought in two quarterbacks from the portal because he was never going to start at Oregon, too many interceptions and mistakes!!!
Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
That is exactly what Mrs. Horton is doing--and no, he/she won't stop. It's a dual personality issue, kind of like Psycho-- "Why, She Wouldn't Even Harm A Fly".
Quit your crap you and others bashed Kai the minute he walked on campus, quit blaming me for what you yourself did comparing Kai to Pratt from day one. The best man won at the time. But Kai was never good enough for most of you, you said no one recruited him when Pratt got only Ivy league offers, two state championships for Kai none for Pratt, It did not matter that recruiting services had Kai rated higher than both Pratt and Ibieta, In your eyes and others on this site, he was ignored. I am doing no different than those like you so lay off and look in the mirror what you guys did Kai!!! Do I have to pull up some of comments you guys made about Kai!!! My support of Kai came from those that kept knocking him, it made me defend the poor kid!!!
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

No, it was you from day 1 acting as his fluffer and your non-stop criticism of Pratt. We all like Kai, you, not so much.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Post Reply