QB Ty Thompson

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4962
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline



Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4962
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4962
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
cigarman66
Ripple
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:57 am
Status: Offline

Was coming here to post this very news! Big pick up by Sumrall.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26466
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 4962
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Greenwave1997
Trickle
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:57 pm
Status: Offline

mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Kick Ass
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Great news. Like I said Sumrall will be acting fast!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

So I guess we ARE bringing in a QB from the portal to compete with Mr Horton. This former (4 star or 5 star, depending on who you believe) recruit isn't coming here to be a backup.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:54 pm So I guess we ARE bringing in a QB from the portal to compete with Mr Horton. This former (4 star or 5 star, depending on who you believe) recruit isn't coming here to be a backup.
Great pickup, two backups competing for the job will make both better next year. Questions why was he not heir to Nix, that Oregon went to the P0rtal for two Quarterbacks. We will find out in the Spring!!! Touchdown to int. ratio not good 6 td and 4 int. Trusting Sumrall on this one but hopefully this will draw some receivers our way. Drop back passer like we have, mobility is questioned so the offense will be basically the same for both Thompson and what we have on staff. Only difference is Menarsh is more mobil than both Thompson and Horton. Very highly rated but will have to compete like anyone else. Looking for some highly rated receivers to come in.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

You love HS data, GB. He was a 4 or 5 star recruit out of HS. In fact, he was the HIGHEST RATED QB EVER SIGNED at Oregon. Better than Mariota, Better than any of them. He didn't beat out Nix because he was a freshman, and Nix was promised the starter job.

I can assure you, Thompson isn't coming to Tulane to back up or compete with Horton.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

"Prototypical size and moves well at 200 pounds. Strong lower half. Sets balanced base and throws with complete control. Elite arm strength, but also has the finesse to fit throws between defensive levels. Smooth mechanics and effortless throwing motion." -- 247 sports
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:14 pm "Prototypical size and moves well at 200 pounds. Strong lower half. Sets balanced base and throws with complete control. Elite arm strength, but also has the finesse to fit throws between defensive levels. Smooth mechanics and effortless throwing motion." -- 247 sports
Already happened before the commitment to us. 95 out of high school to 88 as a transfer. He has some game tape, but I think the bigger rationale is Oregon passed over him first for Bo Nix and then for Gabriel and Moore. The services would justify the downgrade based on that market signal and the fact that no other big offensive programs came after him, I'm sure. Regardless I'm very happy with the pickup. We have a solid floor with Horton and he could still develop. Meanwhile, Thompson brings huge upside. Folks at Oregon seem to think he was getting better over the last couple of years so there's lots of promise here.
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

👍👍👍👍🏈
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 2122
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Commitment vs signed?
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:28 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:14 pm "Prototypical size and moves well at 200 pounds. Strong lower half. Sets balanced base and throws with complete control. Elite arm strength, but also has the finesse to fit throws between defensive levels. Smooth mechanics and effortless throwing motion." -- 247 sports
Already happened before the commitment to us. 95 out of high school to 88 as a transfer. He has some game tape, but I think the bigger rationale is Oregon passed over him first for Bo Nix and then for Gabriel and Moore. The services would justify the downgrade based on that market signal and the fact that no other big offensive programs came after him, I'm sure. Regardless I'm very happy with the pickup. We have a solid floor with Horton and he could still develop. Meanwhile, Thompson brings huge upside. Folks at Oregon seem to think he was getting better over the last couple of years so there's lots of promise here.
He was supposed to have a visit with Iowa this weekend, but he signed here instead. Iowa fans were all over social media upset with this development today.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:56 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:28 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:14 pm "Prototypical size and moves well at 200 pounds. Strong lower half. Sets balanced base and throws with complete control. Elite arm strength, but also has the finesse to fit throws between defensive levels. Smooth mechanics and effortless throwing motion." -- 247 sports
Already happened before the commitment to us. 95 out of high school to 88 as a transfer. He has some game tape, but I think the bigger rationale is Oregon passed over him first for Bo Nix and then for Gabriel and Moore. The services would justify the downgrade based on that market signal and the fact that no other big offensive programs came after him, I'm sure. Regardless I'm very happy with the pickup. We have a solid floor with Horton and he could still develop. Meanwhile, Thompson brings huge upside. Folks at Oregon seem to think he was getting better over the last couple of years so there's lots of promise here.
He was supposed to have a visit with Iowa this weekend, but he signed here instead. Iowa fans were all over social media upset with this development today.
Work in progress has not performed in college like high school, will get chance to compete head on with Kai may the best kid win!!! Gun slinger 30 interceptions in high school, 4 int vs 6 td at Oregon. Has to cut down on mistakes.

Scoop Duck’s Justin Hopkins joined Andy Staples On3 to look back at the former five-star’s career with the Ducks. It just never quite panned out.

Thompson entered the transfer portal amid Dillon Gabriel’s commitment to the school. Plus, Oregon could be a landing spot for another transfer: former UCLA quarterback Dante Moore.

“His career, you know, he’s the guy everybody rooted for right,” Hopkins said. “He’d get out there and you’d want to see him play and he’d make mistakes and a lot of fans would say, ‘Okay, those weren’t great mistakes.

“But you know, Ty just needs more time to adjust.’
User avatar
MicMan
Swell
Posts: 1459
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:54 pm Commitment vs signed?
Good news, sure, but I'll wait for the signing.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14124
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

I waitin for the next Mike McKay transfer.....maybe TY will be it
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
BC Wave
Swell
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

Just got this from an Iowa fan and friend

[media] file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/ea/10/E6B3E44D-8A2F-46C9-9243-C9F47FEDD21E/IMG_3912.jpeg[/media]


file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/ea/10/E6B3E44D-8A2F-46C9-9243-C9F47FEDD21E/IMG_3912.jpeg[media][/media]
capwave
High Tide
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:37 pm
Status: Offline

Can he enroll for spring semester?
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:54 pm Commitment vs signed?
Transfers don't sign is my understanding. Once they attend a class they are yours.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

capwave wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:48 pm Can he enroll for spring semester?
Hasn't been confirmed but you'd have to think so.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Post Reply