QB Ty Thompson

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tufinal4
High Tide

GBG, fight them on the beaches, fight them in the countryside, fight them in streets- never surrender!

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:08 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:13 am
capwave wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm

Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
That is exactly what Mrs. Horton is doing--and no, he/she won't stop. It's a dual personality issue, kind of like Psycho-- "Why, She Wouldn't Even Harm A Fly".
Quit your crap you and others bashed Kai the minute he walked on campus, quit blaming me for what you yourself did comparing Kai to Pratt from day one. The best man won at the time. But Kai was never good enough for most of you, you said no one recruited him when Pratt got only Ivy league offers, two state championships for Kai none for Pratt, It did not matter that recruiting services had Kai rated higher than both Pratt and Ibieta, In your eyes and others on this site, he was ignored. I am doing no different than those like you so lay off and look in the mirror what you guys did Kai!!! Do I have to pull up some of comments you guys made about Kai!!! My support of Kai came from those that kept knocking him, it made me defend the poor kid!!!
Most, if not all of us, like and support Kai. What we cannot stand and react to is your over-the-top promotion of him. I never had a bad thing to say about him until you started telling us that he should have won the starters job two years ago because he was a better HS QB and had a better spring game than Pratt did. That was one of the dumbest things ever posted, and you've done nothing but pile on since.

Again, most, if not all of us, have nothing against Kai. I wouldn't mind seeing how well he could do if it was his team and he had all the QB1 reps. But I think Ty Thompson has his sights set on that job, and if he wins it I'll be happy that we found a better option. The naysayers you fight with are fueled by the absurdity of your posts, such as the Rivals notes from 3 years ago you must have copied and pasted on this board at least 50 times.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

Unfortunately Ty/Kai won't have the services of Chris Carter who declared for the NFL Draft.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:50 pm
That is exactly what Mrs. Horton is doing--and no, he/she won't stop. It's a dual personality issue, kind of like Psycho-- "Why, She Wouldn't Even Harm A Fly".
Quit your crap you and others bashed Kai the minute he walked on campus, quit blaming me for what you yourself did comparing Kai to Pratt from day one. The best man won at the time. But Kai was never good enough for most of you, you said no one recruited him when Pratt got only Ivy league offers, two state championships for Kai none for Pratt, It did not matter that recruiting services had Kai rated higher than both Pratt and Ibieta, In your eyes and others on this site, he was ignored. I am doing no different than those like you so lay off and look in the mirror what you guys did Kai!!! Do I have to pull up some of comments you guys made about Kai!!! My support of Kai came from those that kept knocking him, it made me defend the poor kid!!!
Most, if not all of us, like and support Kai. What we cannot stand and react to is your over-the-top promotion of him. I never had a bad thing to say about him until you started telling us that he should have won the starters job two years ago because he was a better HS QB and had a better spring game than Pratt did. That was one of the dumbest things ever posted, and you've done nothing but pile on since.

Again, most, if not all of us, have nothing against Kai. I wouldn't mind seeing how well he could do if it was his team and he had all the QB1 reps. But I think Ty Thompson has his sights set on that job, and if he wins it I'll be happy that we found a better option. The naysayers you fight with are fueled by the absurdity of your posts, such as the Rivals notes from 3 years ago you must have copied and pasted on this board at least 50 times.
[b]Either way we will lose one of them if the other starts and will be back in the Portal playing the game of musical chairs like some are playing with quarterbacks, unfortunately only play the game with one football. We all know how the recruiting game is played but looking at the Portal Thompson was a High School 4 Star and a transfer 3 Star by 247. If he was chosen by a Power 5 school he would not have dropped. Coach Fritz kept the Quarterback room happy and out the portal, now we are in it with quarterbacks see how we move in the future.
[/b]
HoustonWave
Tsunami

capwave wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm

Are you seriously trying to bash Thompson because he was brought in and now your boy is not guaranteed the starting job? You are embarrassing yourself! Please stop
BS gb. Nobody on this board has ever criticized Kai. On the other hand you’ve criticized the best QB in Tulane history, and now Ty Thompson who hasn’t even arrived—because you continue to prostrate yourself for Kai Horton. Very weird and strange of you. You clearly have a man-crush on Horton, and we are tired of hearing about it. Take your perversions elsewhere.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Re-ranking the QB Class of 2021
https://theathletic.com/5222705/2024/01 ... ed_article
Ty Thompson, Tulane via Oregon (No. 7 QB, No. 40 overall): Thompson arrived at Oregon with plenty of hype but couldn’t unseat Anthony Brown in 2021 and was recruited over twice by Dan Lanning, who brought in Bo Nix two years ago and Dillon Gabriel this offseason. Thompson threw for 297 yards and four touchdowns in relief duty this season but should have a bigger role at Tulane.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:40 pm
Quit your crap you and others bashed Kai the minute he walked on campus, quit blaming me for what you yourself did comparing Kai to Pratt from one. The best man won at the time. But Kai was never good enough for most of you, you said no one recruited him when Pratt got only Ivy league offers, two state championships for Kai none for Pratt, It did not matter that recruiting services had Kai rated higher than both Pratt and Ibieta, In your eyes and others on this site, he was ignored. I am doing no different than those like you so lay off and look in the mirror what you guys did Kai!!! Do I have to pull up some of comments you guys made about Kai!!! My support of Kai came from those that kept knocking him, it made me defend the poor kid!!!
BS gb. Nobody on this board has ever criticized Kai. On the other hand you’ve criticized the best QB in Tulane history, and now Ty Thompson who hasn’t even arrived—because you continue to prostrate yourself for Kai Horton. Very weird and strange of you. You clearly have a man-crush on Horton, and we are tired of hearing about it. Take your perversions elsewhere.
Tired of your freakin lying Houston, oh Horton had no offers, or only small schools, did not play against the big schools in Texas, why didn't big Texas schools recruit Horton, what big Florida schools recruited Pratt. I thank the fact that our coaching stafff knew what they had with Pratt but both Horton and Pratt were under radar by the big schools and were treated differently. Say anything differently Houston and you are further lying. Thompson looks good but to down rate our current players in favor of portal players is disrespectful until they put on the Tulane uniform and perform. I am pulling for all that wear the green and blue uniform and to say any different you are more of a big liar. How many games have you gone to, yes, I will take up for our players when our supposed to be Wave fans knock our own players. Was proud getting Pratt's autograph and talking to him after the Cotton Bowl Celebration on Campus and shedding tears for Pratt as he walked off the field of Yulman for the last time. You don't even know how much I bleeded olive and blue for all our players, I will not self-anoint any portal players before they perform on the field for us.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:59 am
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:40 pm

Quit your crap you and others bashed Kai the minute he walked on campus, quit blaming me for what you yourself did comparing Kai to Pratt from one. The best man won at the time. But Kai was never good enough for most of you, you said no one recruited him when Pratt got only Ivy league offers, two state championships for Kai none for Pratt, It did not matter that recruiting services had Kai rated higher than both Pratt and Ibieta, In your eyes and others on this site, he was ignored. I am doing no different than those like you so lay off and look in the mirror what you guys did Kai!!! Do I have to pull up some of comments you guys made about Kai!!! My support of Kai came from those that kept knocking him, it made me defend the poor kid!!!
Tired of your freakin lying Houston, oh Horton had no offers, or only small schools, did not play against the big schools in Texas, why didn't big Texas schools recruit Horton, what big Florida schools recruited Pratt. I thank the fact that our coaching stafff knew what they had with Pratt but both Horton and Pratt were under radar by the big schools and were treated differently. Say anything differently Houston and you are further lying. Thompson looks good but to down rate our current players in favor of portal players is disrespectful until they put on the Tulane uniform and perform. I am pulling for all that wear the green and blue uniform and to say any different you are more of a big liar. How many games have you gone to, yes, I will take up for our players when our supposed to be Wave fans knock our own players. Was proud getting Pratt's autograph and talking to him after the Cotton Bowl Celebration on Campus and shedding tears for Pratt as he walked off the field of Yulman for the last time. You don't even know how much I bleeded olive and blue for all our players, I will not self-anoint any portal players before they perform on the field for us.
Another crazed and off-the-mark rant gbg. Neither I, nor any other poster on this board, have ever criticized Horton and his high school accomplishments. You are the only one on this board that continues to wallow in the high school bs. Only you have been the one to constantly compare Horton's high school experience to those of Pratt's or anyone else's--now Thompson. Give your favoritism for, and obsession with, Horton a rest. I'm sure Sumrall will know which QB can give us the best chance for success in 2024--none of our analyses, especially yours, will matter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I was glad to see Thompson helped recruit Mario Williams and Shazz Preston. Hopefully they develop chemistry quickly with TyKai. We will need more big plays from our WR’s, plays that Keys, Jackson and Brazzell made last year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:51 am I was glad to see Thompson helped recruit Mario Williams and Shazz Preston. Hopefully they develop chemistry quickly with TyKai. We will need more big plays from our WR’s, plays that Keys, Jackson and Brazzell made last year.
This is good. I think what will miss most from Pratt were his leadership skills. He basically took over the team once he got in the starting lineup and never looked back. Hopefully Ty has those same qualities.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:57 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:51 am I was glad to see Thompson helped recruit Mario Williams and Shazz Preston. Hopefully they develop chemistry quickly with TyKai. We will need more big plays from our WR’s, plays that Keys, Jackson and Brazzell made last year.
This is good. I think what will miss most from Pratt were his leadership skills. He basically took over the team once he got in the starting lineup and never looked back. Hopefully Ty has those same qualities.
That is my reservations, both Ty and Kai are quiet leaders, not as vocal as Pratt was. That quietness I think held Kai back and may have been the reason for Ty not to lead at Oregon. Quarterbacks must take control show confidence and lead in good and bad times. Pratt was always up and down the bench rooting on team mates. Saw some of that in the Miliatary Bowl from Kai. One thing watching moving forward will Ty or Kai take over as a vocal leader along with the skills on the field!!!
Greeniegb
Swell

Bo Nix is having a rough time at the Senior Bowl, Not a good reflection that Thomson did not have a run to beat Nix out at Oregon!!!

Mike Giardi
@MikeGiardi
Bo Nix had a rough four-play stretch during team - a dropped snap, missed a pair of open receivers (Barner on skinny, Corley on short stop between hashes), and then a sack.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... f9b2&ei=30

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Newman, your attempts to elevate Kai at the expense of Ty are disgusting.

Let Kai go out and take the job, it sure sounds like he's going to have every opportunity to do so. Sumrall sure sounded like it's an open competition. He had good things to say about both. Let's hope that one of the two distinguishes himself and runs with the job and never looks back.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:17 pm Newman, your attempts to elevate Kai at the expense of Ty are disgusting.

Let Kai go out and take the job, it sure sounds like he's going to have every opportunity to do so. Sumrall sure sounded like it's an open competition. He had good things to say about both. Let's hope that one of the two distinguishes himself and runs with the job and never looks back.
YOu bet as always may the best man win!!! Just the facts, lol
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:26 pm Bo Nix is having a rough time at the Senior Bowl, Not a good reflection that Thomson did not have a run to beat Nix out at Oregon!!!

Mike Giardi
@MikeGiardi
Bo Nix had a rough four-play stretch during team - a dropped snap, missed a pair of open receivers (Barner on skinny, Corley on short stop between hashes), and then a sack.

Again misleading, Newman. He had a rough FOUR PLAY STRETCH. He's not having "a rough time at the Senior Bowl".

Because, if you want to go by what someone on Twitter posts, we have this:

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Oh, lookie here. Seems that Bo Nix has looked the BEST of ALL the QBs, by a WIDE margin.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Jaxwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:12 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:26 pm Bo Nix is having a rough time at the Senior Bowl, Not a good reflection that Thomson did not have a run to beat Nix out at Oregon!!!

Mike Giardi
@MikeGiardi

Again misleading, Newman. He had a rough FOUR PLAY STRETCH. He's not having "a rough time at the Senior Bowl".

Because, if you want to go by what someone on Twitter posts, we have this:

An absolute dime? The ball was dying as it reached the receiver. That is an Oregon website.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Or you could say he threw it where only the receiver could catch it. All depends on your perspective.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Either way—there is no connection with what Nix does at the Senior Bowl and what Thompson might do at Tulane. Only in gbg’s warped mind is there a connection.
Jaxwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:25 pm Or you could say he threw it where only the receiver could catch it. All depends on your perspective.
On a 10 yard crossing pattern he threw a duck which almost hit the ground. I guess the Oregon fans like those ducks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:51 am Video from Fox 8
https://www.fox8live.com/2024/02/07/tul ... -thompson/
One of the underlying stories in Eugene over the past couple of seasons has resided at the quarterback position for the Oregon Ducks, and a player who wasn’t playing, rather than who was.

We’ve talked about the Ty Thompson situation a ton since he joined the Ducks as the highest-rated QB in program history. While many believed that he would take over potentially as a freshman, but likely as a sophomore, things haven’t gone that way for Thompson. He was unable to beat out Anthony Brown in 2021, and Oregon brought in Bo Nix via the transfer portal in 2022. You know the rest of the story.

In this era of college football, you often see highly-rated players like Thompson choose to transfer to a new school after a frustrating start to his career like that, searching for playing time rather than the program. Thompson decided to stick it out, though, and he is still in Eugene serving as a backup, biding his time until he can compete for the QB1 job in 2024 once again.

Fact: Thompson backed up Anthony Brown lst, then Nix, and was once again slated to backup as Oregon went to the Portal and Thomson saw the writing on the wall, he was never going to be a starting Quarterback at Oregon so chose the transfer Portal.
Greeniegb
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:23 pm
One of the underlying stories in Eugene over the past couple of seasons has resided at the quarterback position for the Oregon Ducks, and a player who wasn’t playing, rather than who was.

We’ve talked about the Ty Thompson situation a ton since he joined the Ducks as the highest-rated QB in program history. While many believed that he would take over potentially as a freshman, but likely as a sophomore, things haven’t gone that way for Thompson. He was unable to beat out Anthony Brown in 2021, and Oregon brought in Bo Nix via the transfer portal in 2022. You know the rest of the story.

In this era of college football, you often see highly-rated players like Thompson choose to transfer to a new school after a frustrating start to his career like that, searching for playing time rather than the program. Thompson decided to stick it out, though, and he is still in Eugene serving as a backup, biding his time until he can compete for the QB1 job in 2024 once again.

Fact: Thompson backed up Anthony Brown lst, then Nix, and was once again slated to backup as Oregon went to the Portal and Thomson saw the writing on the wall, he was never going to be a starting Quarterback at Oregon so chose the transfer Portal.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1b6vpS

Fact: We have two highly touted backup Quarterbacks competing to see who takes the bull by the horns and runs with it. That is fact not wishful thinking. May the competition begin and the best Quarterback win for the Greenwave program moving forward!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Another plagiaristic masterpiece of an outdated story.
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Another plagiaristic masterpiece of an outdated story.
Facts are facts Houston both Ty and Kai have been College Backup Quarterbacks in their careers, that is fact just like you can build up Ty, I can build up Kai, will not change the facts. Kai was getting ready to leave just like Ty left Oregon. Oregon coaching staff did not talk TY into staying if they thought he was so good they would have offered more NIL and kept him they chose not to!!! That is pure fact!!! Sumrall talked Kai into staying and Fear the Wave did what they needed. If he did not think the competition was open, he would have taken off, he chose to stay, and the coaching staff was happy. That also is fact and Sumrall's comment in an interview that Kai will win a lot of games for us may be where he is leaning at the moment and Spring Practice will give all of us a better indication of who steps up!!! Facts Houston facts!!!