2024 Baseball Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Pepper wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:47 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:11 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:18 am
We were more than competitive but the program was not top 10-15 over the entire period. We didn't finished ranked most years. We were a Regional club. Unfortunately our two trips to Omaha ended badly with the two biggest blown leads in CWS history. We deserve better than what we are getting and hopefully Harris sees that and addresses it after this season.
Predictably, winwave $hits all over anything that sheds favorable light on Rick Jones. Yes, what he says is accurate, but did it need to be said here?
Agreed, There was no reason for that horseshit. I wish RJ would have become AD.
It wasn't horseshit. It's factual. And as I just said my post wasn't directed at Jones. It encompasses all those coaches.


BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:53 am
Hateful D out in full force. another of my stalkers. As is made clear I look at the baseball program and see Retif, Brockhoff and Jones. so my post encompassed all three. But your hate for me makes you overlook that.
Hate is an over-exaggeration. Why would I go out of my way to meet you if I hated you? Your ego likes to think I hate you but I don't care enough or know enough about you to hate you. You annoy me when you crap on some of the best people Tulane has ever employed. And when you're proven wrong, Fido comes out and won't let it go. That's why you feel like you're being stalked; you cannot face the fact that you sometimes post things others point out are inaccurate and refuse to admit in the face of evidence that you were wrong. It's ok to be wrong until you draw a line in the sand over it.

Spin away, or take your typical next step of resorting to insults. Happy New Year!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:05 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:53 am
Hateful D out in full force. another of my stalkers. As is made clear I look at the baseball program and see Retif, Brockhoff and Jones. so my post encompassed all three. But your hate for me makes you overlook that.
Hate is an over-exaggeration. Why would I go out of my way to meet you if I hated you? Your ego likes to think I hate you but I don't care enough or know enough about you to hate you. You annoy me when you crap on some of the best people Tulane has ever employed. And when you're proven wrong, Fido comes out and won't let it go. That's why you feel like you're being stalked; you cannot face the fact that you sometimes post things others point out are inaccurate and refuse to admit in the face of evidence that you were wrong. It's ok to be wrong until you draw a line in the sand over it.

Spin away, or take your typical next step of resorting to insults. Happy New Year!
Ever hateful D never changes. You claim there that I posted inaccurate information. Yet originally you stated I was in fact accurate. LOL. I am accurate. Point is if you let inaccuracies like that go ,i.e., we we're a top 10-15 program through all those coaches time then the lie will live on. All I did was give the truth. it kills you when I'm right. So spin away but I'll stand by the truth always.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:12 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:05 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:53 am
Hateful D out in full force. another of my stalkers. As is made clear I look at the baseball program and see Retif, Brockhoff and Jones. so my post encompassed all three. But your hate for me makes you overlook that.
Hate is an over-exaggeration. Why would I go out of my way to meet you if I hated you? Your ego likes to think I hate you but I don't care enough or know enough about you to hate you. You annoy me when you crap on some of the best people Tulane has ever employed. And when you're proven wrong, Fido comes out and won't let it go. That's why you feel like you're being stalked; you cannot face the fact that you sometimes post things others point out are inaccurate and refuse to admit in the face of evidence that you were wrong. It's ok to be wrong until you draw a line in the sand over it.

Spin away, or take your typical next step of resorting to insults. Happy New Year!
Ever hateful D never changes. You claim there that I posted inaccurate information. Yet originally you stated I was in fact accurate. LOL. I am accurate. Point is if you let inaccuracies like that go ,i.e., we we're a top 10-15 program through all those coaches time then the lie will live on. All I did was give the truth. it kills you when I'm right. So spin away but I'll stand by the truth always.
I said in THIS thread what you posted was accurate but unnecessary. In the Sumrall thread I pointed out your inaccuracy and self-contradiction. But there you go again using a point we agree upon to argue a point of contention! Spin away, happy new year!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:12 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:05 am

Hate is an over-exaggeration. Why would I go out of my way to meet you if I hated you? Your ego likes to think I hate you but I don't care enough or know enough about you to hate you. You annoy me when you crap on some of the best people Tulane has ever employed. And when you're proven wrong, Fido comes out and won't let it go. That's why you feel like you're being stalked; you cannot face the fact that you sometimes post things others point out are inaccurate and refuse to admit in the face of evidence that you were wrong. It's ok to be wrong until you draw a line in the sand over it.

Spin away, or take your typical next step of resorting to insults. Happy New Year!
Ever hateful D never changes. You claim there that I posted inaccurate information. Yet originally you stated I was in fact accurate. LOL. I am accurate. Point is if you let inaccuracies like that go ,i.e., we we're a top 10-15 program through all those coaches time then the lie will live on. All I did was give the truth. it kills you when I'm right. So spin away but I'll stand by the truth always.
I said in THIS thread what you posted was accurate but unnecessary. In the Sumrall thread I pointed out your inaccuracy and self-contradiction. But there you go again using a point we agree upon to argue a point of contention! Spin away, happy new year!
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
Oooh. Someone is getting frustrated. :x
:lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:38 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
Oooh. Someone is getting frustrated. :x
:lol:
Not frustrated at all. Just stating facts.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:02 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:38 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
Oooh. Someone is getting frustrated. :x
:lol:
Not frustrated at all. Just stating facts.
Aaahhh.
:lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:06 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:02 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:38 am

Oooh. Someone is getting frustrated. :x
:lol:
Not frustrated at all. Just stating facts.
Aaahhh.
:lol:
I'm not frustrated but you once again prove your obsession with me for all to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:06 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:02 am

Not frustrated at all. Just stating facts.
Aaahhh.
:lol:
I'm not frustrated but you once again prove your obsession with me for all to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooh!
:lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:25 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:06 am
Aaahhh.
:lol:
I'm not frustrated but you once again prove your obsession with me for all to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooh!
:lol:
Making it clearer and clearer for all to see.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:42 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:25 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 am

I'm not frustrated but you once again prove your obsession with me for all to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooh!
:lol:
Making it clearer and clearer for all to see.
Aaahhh!
:lol: :lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:12 am

Ever hateful D never changes. You claim there that I posted inaccurate information. Yet originally you stated I was in fact accurate. LOL. I am accurate. Point is if you let inaccuracies like that go ,i.e., we we're a top 10-15 program through all those coaches time then the lie will live on. All I did was give the truth. it kills you when I'm right. So spin away but I'll stand by the truth always.
I said in THIS thread what you posted was accurate but unnecessary. In the Sumrall thread I pointed out your inaccuracy and self-contradiction. But there you go again using a point we agree upon to argue a point of contention! Spin away, happy new year!
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
Pot. Meet Kettle.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:32 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am

I said in THIS thread what you posted was accurate but unnecessary. In the Sumrall thread I pointed out your inaccuracy and self-contradiction. But there you go again using a point we agree upon to argue a point of contention! Spin away, happy new year!
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
Pot. Meet Kettle.
Thanks for the intro Dutch Oven.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
Show Me
Tsunami
Posts: 5055
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:12 am

Ever hateful D never changes. You claim there that I posted inaccurate information. Yet originally you stated I was in fact accurate. LOL. I am accurate. Point is if you let inaccuracies like that go ,i.e., we we're a top 10-15 program through all those coaches time then the lie will live on. All I did was give the truth. it kills you when I'm right. So spin away but I'll stand by the truth always.
I said in THIS thread what you posted was accurate but unnecessary. In the Sumrall thread I pointed out your inaccuracy and self-contradiction. But there you go again using a point we agree upon to argue a point of contention! Spin away, happy new year!
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
You constantly shit on the greatest coach in Tulane history all sports. You are a piss poor MF.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:56 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am

I said in THIS thread what you posted was accurate but unnecessary. In the Sumrall thread I pointed out your inaccuracy and self-contradiction. But there you go again using a point we agree upon to argue a point of contention! Spin away, happy new year!
It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
You constantly shit on the greatest coach in Tulane history all sports. You are a piss poor MF.
I stand by the truth.you white trash drunken piece of shit. Pay Tulane athletics the money you stole from them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
Show Me
Tsunami
Posts: 5055
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:59 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:56 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am

It was accurate and necessary. You're not God and you don't get to decide what should and should't be posted.
You constantly shit on the greatest coach in Tulane history all sports. You are a piss poor MF.
I stand by the truth.you white trash drunken piece of shit. Pay Tulane athletics the money you stole from them.
You are pathetic. Check your shoes you’re standing in dog shit.
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

So, after reading these butt fxxxx responses, how’s ‘24 baseball going to be?
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

As for Jones—he was the best thing that happened to Tulane since the Charlie Mac/Dale Brown/Skip coaching decisions in their last games against us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:02 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:59 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:56 pm
You constantly shit on the greatest coach in Tulane history all sports. You are a piss poor MF.
I stand by the truth.you white trash drunken piece of shit. Pay Tulane athletics the money you stole from them.
You are pathetic. Check your shoes you’re standing in dog shit.
You’re laying in your puke again.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
Show Me
Tsunami
Posts: 5055
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:34 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:02 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:59 pm

I stand by the truth.you white trash drunken piece of shit. Pay Tulane athletics the money you stole from them.
You are pathetic. Check your shoes you’re standing in dog shit.
You’re laying in your puke again.
You’re stepping in dog shit again.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 24738
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Says the white trash drunk who stole from Tulane athletics. No one cares what you think.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Riptide
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Peace on earth… good will towards men.
anEngineer
Riptide
Posts: 2633
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:09 am Peace on earth… good will towards men.
Not on this site.
Oh Brother
Low Tide
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:49 pm
Status: Offline

As said, the tuition cost and limit on scholarships severely limited what Jones could do. He would hand out partial scholarships when necessary, looffor children of doctors and lawyers who could pay full freight and rely on my dear friend John Hainkel, one of the greatest supporter of Tulane sports, to get together some legislative scholarships that could be parceled out. When TOPS came in recruiting La players became that much more difficult. Rick Jones had a quirky personality and his nerves finally forced him to retire but he was a great coach- look at how many regionals and super regionals we made as well as the two CWS. What really hurt was Katrina. We had been ranked number I all of 2005, had two great pitchers and tons of momentum, then Katrina resulted in the team living and playing in north La all season- lost momentum, lots of recruits and never really recovered- and Hainkel, our most devoted fan, died the same year.
Post Reply