2024 Baseball Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Banks picked Preseason Player of the Year. Team picked 9th out of 10.

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... 7322a.html

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wow. Pretty bad when you have the pre-season conference player of the year and you're picked to finish second to last.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:06 pm Wow. Pretty bad when you have the pre-season conference player of the year and you're picked to finish second to last.
Another Dannen "accomplishment". He may be the biggest scam artist in college athletics administration.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

Being "picked to finished" means very little. Wonder where we were picked in the conference tournament last year. I'm not defending the baseball team this year, but they haven't done anything at all yet to criticize or praise. They should at least be given a chance before blasting them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They sucked last season. Not much done in the way of bringing in the needed talent to vastly improve. We all hope for a miracle but realistically they are going to be really bad again unless this conference flat out sucks.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TerryD101
Ripple

What's amazing to me is that our baseball team used to be our best sports team. I remember the late 90's up until Katrina times. What happened? I'm not a big baseball guy, but definitely watched those classic LSU games.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TerryD101 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:02 pm What's amazing to me is that our baseball team used to be our best sports team. I remember the late 90's up until Katrina times. What happened? I'm not a big baseball guy, but definitely watched those classic LSU games.
De-emphasized under Dannen. Might take a little time but I’m hoping the new AD values the sport.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:07 pm
TerryD101 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:02 pm What's amazing to me is that our baseball team used to be our best sports team. I remember the late 90's up until Katrina times. What happened? I'm not a big baseball guy, but definitely watched those classic LSU games.
De-emphasized under Dannen. Might take a little time but I’m hoping the new AD values the sport.
He seems like someone who wants to excel in all the sports. I hope Uhlman does well, but he was another Troy feel good hire like Dunleavy.
mbissanti
High Tide

We were ultra competitive during Brockhoff & Jones
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbissanti wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:46 pm We were ultra competitive during Brockhoff & Jones
David Pierce was competitive as well. In his two years as HC we went to the regionals both years. Then Dannen came in and hired TJ.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbissanti
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:59 pm
mbissanti wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:46 pm We were ultra competitive during Brockhoff & Jones
David Pierce was competitive as well. In his two years as HC we went to the regionals both years. Then Dannen came in and hired TJ.
And the bottom dropped out
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbissanti wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:01 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:59 pm
And the bottom dropped out
Exactly
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yes we were. Both were among the classiest men to work for Tulane Athletics. I'm pretty sure TPS played for Joe and knows Rick well. Those were the glory days of Tulane Baseball.

I hope Harris values baseball and understands what it means to Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everyone should always remember Retif. He literally saved Tulane baseball when Tulane was going to disband the program by offering to coach for free. He got us winning and he picked Brockhoff when his business reached a point where he couldn't coach anymore.
tufinal4
High Tide

We were more than competitive; the last trip I made to Omaha in 2005 we were the #1 national seed, expected to win the CWS. We won a 2004 regional on the road at Ole Miss. We went to the regionals, every year, it was expected as a baseline. Tulane was a top 10-15 college baseball program.

This seems so recent to me, it makes my head spin to think about where we are now. That world class program is why Turchin was built. We need to fill it with a worthy program again, not talk about moving baseball off campus.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:25 pm
Yes we were. Both were among the classiest men to work for Tulane Athletics. I'm pretty sure TPS played for Joe and knows Rick well. Those were the glory days of Tulane Baseball.

I hope Harris values baseball and understands what it means to Tulane.
Yes. For sure. And I’m also in regular contact with coach Milt Retif. Believe it or not he still carries some stoke with university to this day. Ben Abadie should also get some accolades. Those guys built on top on each other and than Dannen dismantled the entire operation from day one.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

Even though NCAA baseball gets screwed with regard to scholarships, NIL could essentially pay for tuition. It probably gets down to how much FTW resources gets committed to it. I'm not sure what the amount should be.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tufinal4 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:17 pm We were more than competitive; the last trip I made to Omaha in 2005 we were the #1 national seed, expected to win the CWS. We won a 2004 regional on the road at Ole Miss. We went to the regionals, every year, it was expected as a baseline. Tulane was a top 10-15 college baseball program.

This seems so recent to me, it makes my head spin to think about where we are now. That world class program is why Turchin was built. We need to fill it with a worthy program again, not talk about moving baseball off campus.
We were more than competitive but the program was not top 10-15 over the entire period. We didn't finished ranked most years. We were a Regional club. Unfortunately our two trips to Omaha ended badly with the two biggest blown leads in CWS history. We deserve better than what we are getting and hopefully Harris sees that and addresses it after this season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:02 pm Even though NCAA baseball gets screwed with regard to scholarships, NIL could essentially pay for tuition. It probably gets down to how much FTW resources gets committed to it. I'm not sure what the amount should be.
I want baseball to be good again but NIL money is going to be mostly directed to football as it is the number 1 sport by a million miles at this point. Then it is MBB.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:20 am
anEngineer wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:02 pm Even though NCAA baseball gets screwed with regard to scholarships, NIL could essentially pay for tuition. It probably gets down to how much FTW resources gets committed to it. I'm not sure what the amount should be.
I want baseball to be good again but NIL money is going to be mostly directed to football as it is the number 1 sport by a million miles at this point. Then it is MBB.
There’s a group of baseball alums that are donating strictly to the baseball program.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:18 am
We were more than competitive but the program was not top 10-15 over the entire period. We didn't finished ranked most years. We were a Regional club. Unfortunately our two trips to Omaha ended badly with the two biggest blown leads in CWS history. We deserve better than what we are getting and hopefully Harris sees that and addresses it after this season.
Predictably, winwave $hits all over anything that sheds favorable light on Rick Jones. Yes, what he says is accurate, but did it need to be said here?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:11 am
Predictably, winwave $hits all over anything that sheds favorable light on Rick Jones. Yes, what he says is accurate, but did it need to be said here?
Agreed, There was no reason for that horseshit. I wish RJ would have become AD.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:47 am
regarding blown leads, sometimes ya need to look at the players, they were the ones on the field of play.... RJ for AD....

Agreed, There was no reason for that horseshit. I wish RJ would have become AD.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:06 am
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:20 am
There’s a group of baseball alums that are donating strictly to the baseball program.
Good to hear. The point still holds that most money going into our NIL is for football.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hateful D out in full force. Another of my stalkers. As is made clear I look at the baseball program and see Retif, Brockhoff and Jones. So my post encompassed all three. But your hate for me makes you overlook that.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.