Sumrall Era Begins

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:35 pm Tune in to WGNO-TV ch 26 at 10pm broadcast. Ed Daniels going to have an interview with Jon Sumrall.
He just may silence the haters out there at some point . πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Who are the haters? What’s there to dislike about Sumrall? I think we upgraded at HC.


" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26469
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:49 am
tpstulane wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:35 pm Tune in to WGNO-TV ch 26 at 10pm broadcast. Ed Daniels going to have an interview with Jon Sumrall.
He just may silence the haters out there at some point . πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Who are the haters? What’s there to dislike about Sumrall? I think we upgraded at HC.
I was referring to Ed.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:48 am
DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:49 am
tpstulane wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:35 pm Tune in to WGNO-TV ch 26 at 10pm broadcast. Ed Daniels going to have an interview with Jon Sumrall.
He just may silence the haters out there at some point . πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Who are the haters? What’s there to dislike about Sumrall? I think we upgraded at HC.
I was referring to Ed.
Oh, I wasn't aware that Ed Daniels doesn't care for Sumrall. How'd the interview go? Is it available for watching after the fact?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26469
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:54 am
tpstulane wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:48 am
DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:49 am

Who are the haters? What’s there to dislike about Sumrall? I think we upgraded at HC.
I was referring to Ed.
Oh, I wasn't aware that Ed Daniels doesn't care for Sumrall. How'd the interview go? Is it available for watching after the fact?
No. Ed has haters that think he hates Tulane.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 26469
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Jon Sumrall capable of taking Tulane football to even greater heights
https://crescentcitysports.com/jon-sumr ... r-heights/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Ed is still mad about the AD hire.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 pm I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
I hated him losing his cool going after the referee and he will be the lst one to say it was wrong and a poor example to the team!!! His class and compassion have shown bright and bold since that moment!!! Controlled passion is what you want in football, out of control passion can cause penalties and lose games. Roll Wave Nation we have a good one here and nothing makes me madder than not packing Yulman Stadium each and every game. It is not good enough to buy season tickets we need our buns in the seats each and every game, yelling till our throats ache going home, sharing time at the "Boot" for a cold one following each victory. Roll Wave Nation Build for the Future of Green Wave Athletics. You will see me running up and down Westfeldt each game celebrating victories, how about giving me a "high five" as I run past you.

As far as Biden I see state official and parishes fighting for the 1.7 billion in Infrastructure money he has sent to La. for roads, bridges and yes municipal water and drainage that La. sorely need. Thank the lord that at least one State Senator worked to get the money back to La. "Cassidy", while the other state reps. brag they brought the money home but voted against the bill because they did not want to make Biden look good, bunch of hypocrits!!!
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9867
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:51 am
greenie78 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 pm I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
I hated him losing his cool going after the referee and he will be the lst one to say it was wrong and a poor example to the team!!! His class and compassion have shown bright and bold since that moment!!! Controlled passion is what you want in football, out of control passion can cause penalties and lose games. Roll Wave Nation we have a good one here and nothing makes me madder than not packing Yulman Stadium each and every game. It is not good enough to buy season tickets we need our buns in the seats each and every game, yelling till our throats ache going home, sharing time at the "Boot" for a cold one following each victory. Roll Wave Nation Build for the Future of Green Wave Athletics. You will see me running up and down Westfeldt each game celebrating victories, how about giving me a "high five" as I run past you.

As far as Biden I see state official and parishes fighting for the 1.7 billion in Infrastructure money he has sent to La. for roads, bridges and yes municipal water and drainage that La. sorely need. Thank the lord that at least one State Senator worked to get the money back to La. "Cassidy", while the other state reps. brag they brought the money home but voted against the bill because they did not want to make Biden look good, bunch of hypocrits!!!
So what's happened to all that "drainage money"? The Destroya using it for more trips I guess.

As far as saying buying season tickets isn't good enough, I'm sure all the out of state alums that support this program by purchasing season tickets will be glad to hear you don't want them buying tickets if they can't use them.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14124
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm
Greeniegb wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:51 am
greenie78 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 pm I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
I hated him losing his cool going after the referee and he will be the lst one to say it was wrong and a poor example to the team!!! His class and compassion have shown bright and bold since that moment!!! Controlled passion is what you want in football, out of control passion can cause penalties and lose games. Roll Wave Nation we have a good one here and nothing makes me madder than not packing Yulman Stadium each and every game. It is not good enough to buy season tickets we need our buns in the seats each and every game, yelling till our throats ache going home, sharing time at the "Boot" for a cold one following each victory. Roll Wave Nation Build for the Future of Green Wave Athletics. You will see me running up and down Westfeldt each game celebrating victories, how about giving me a "high five" as I run past you.

As far as Biden I see state official and parishes fighting for the 1.7 billion in Infrastructure money he has sent to La. for roads, bridges and yes municipal water and drainage that La. sorely need. Thank the lord that at least one State Senator worked to get the money back to La. "Cassidy", while the other state reps. brag they brought the money home but voted against the bill because they did not want to make Biden look good, bunch of hypocrits!!!
So what's happened to all that "drainage money"? The Destroya using it for more trips I guess.

As far as saying buying season tickets isn't good enough, I'm sure all the out of state alums that support this program by purchasing season tickets will be glad to hear you don't want them buying tickets if they can't use them.
I am an out of town fan, not a alum....I buy season tickets, I then donate them back to Tulane for use in their "first responders, famliy, military, program" so there are butts in the seats
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 pm I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
Wow you not only empty headed about football, but you are an airhead for politics. Just because someone is anti-Trump does not make them pro Biden. Fact I am a lifetime Reagan Conservative Republican (50 years) and a proud Anti Trump Republican. When the party was hijacked by Trump many of us made the independent voting block the largest do a fact check on that I dare you!!! We testified in the Impeachment, We testified on the Jan. 6 Committee. The Democrats had nothing to do with it. Trump wants you to think it was the Democrats but no Good Government Conservative Republicans against the Trump's Alt Right Former Democrats that joined Trump against Hillary. Trump at one time donated to keep Hillary and Pelosi in power, Fact check it out when he was a Democrat before Republican. He was Pro Choice then Pro Life. Check the facts!!! By the way I am currently pulling for Nikki Haley because she reminds me so much of President Reagan, compromise get things done 60/40 everyone gets a slice of the pie so no losers bring America together for the good of all. Educate yourself dude open your knowledge you need it, You are playing catch up on me in education.,
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 pm
greenie78 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 pm I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
Wow you not only empty headed about football, but you are an airhead for politics. Just because someone is anti-Trump does not make them pro Biden. Fact I am a lifetime Reagan Conservative Republican (50 years) and a proud Anti Trump Republican. When the party was hijacked by Trump many of us made the independent voting block the largest do a fact check on that I dare you!!! We testified in the Impeachment, We testified on the Jan. 6 Committee. The Democrats had nothing to do with it. Trump wants you to think it was the Democrats but no Good Government Conservative Republicans against the Trump's Alt Right Former Democrats that joined Trump against Hillary. Trump at one time donated to keep Hillary and Pelosi in power, Fact check it out when he was a Democrat before Republican. He was Pro Choice then Pro Life. Check the facts!!! By the way I am currently pulling for Nikki Haley because she reminds me so much of President Reagan, compromise get things done 60/40 everyone gets a slice of the pie so no losers bring America together for the good of all. Educate yourself dude open your knowledge you need it, You are playing catch up on me in education.,
Wake up everyone. 98% of politicians are corrupt at least and we would be better off without them.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

I think it's 100%, mb. But I think we're all better off keeping politics off the board entirely. Nobody is going to change their minds based upon posts on a Tulane Athletics internet bulletin board.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide
Posts: 2633
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 am I think it's 100%, mb. But I think we're all better off keeping politics off the board entirely. Nobody is going to change their minds based upon posts on a Tulane Athletics internet bulletin board.
Certainly that type of politics has no place on this site and accomplishes nothing but personal insults that are already a problem here. The only type of politics relevant are NOLA politics, especially dealing with NIMBYs.
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

anEngineer wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:39 am
DfromCT wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 am I think it's 100%, mb. But I think we're all better off keeping politics off the board entirely. Nobody is going to change their minds based upon posts on a Tulane Athletics internet bulletin board.
Certainly that type of politics has no place on this site and accomplishes nothing but personal insults that are already a problem here. The only type of politics relevant are NOLA politics, especially dealing with NIMBYs.
I agree
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

mbissanti wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:57 pm
anEngineer wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:39 am
DfromCT wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 am I think it's 100%, mb. But I think we're all better off keeping politics off the board entirely. Nobody is going to change their minds based upon posts on a Tulane Athletics internet bulletin board.
Certainly that type of politics has no place on this site and accomplishes nothing but personal insults that are already a problem here. The only type of politics relevant are NOLA politics, especially dealing with NIMBYs.
I agree
Responding to the insult calling me Biden, really, obvious he doesn't know football or politics!!!
mbissanti
High Tide
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Location: Hill Country Texas
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:14 pm
mbissanti wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:57 pm
anEngineer wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:39 am

Certainly that type of politics has no place on this site and accomplishes nothing but personal insults that are already a problem here. The only type of politics relevant are NOLA politics, especially dealing with NIMBYs.
I agree
Responding to the insult calling me Biden, really, obvious he doesn't know football or politics!!!
I did not even acknowledge the insult regarding Biden
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

I only used GB Biden because of how you're forgetful when you post certain things. It wasn't about politics at all. And I will continue to use it when you deserve to get called out.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 am I only used GB Biden because of how you're forgetful when you post certain things. It wasn't about politics at all. And I will continue to use it when you deserve to get called out.
Ok "brainless" will be your call name when I call you out dude!!!
Greenie78,Brainless
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 am I only used GB Biden because of how you're forgetful when you post certain things. It wasn't about politics at all. And I will continue to use it when you deserve to get called out.
Dude, take your dumb politics elsewhere. Didn't you learn in 2020 that posting ignorance on social
Media, doesn't sway voters??? Maybe you would feel better on Parler. Oh wait, that site was shut down while Facebook stock is trading at an all time high.
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 pm
greenie78 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:41 pm I still remember how GB Biden hated the Sumrall hire.
Wow you not only empty headed about football, but you are an airhead for politics. Just because someone is anti-Trump does not make them pro Biden. Fact I am a lifetime Reagan Conservative Republican (50 years) and a proud Anti Trump Republican. When the party was hijacked by Trump many of us made the independent voting block the largest do a fact check on that I dare you!!! We testified in the Impeachment, We testified on the Jan. 6 Committee. The Democrats had nothing to do with it. Trump wants you to think it was the Democrats but no Good Government Conservative Republicans against the Trump's Alt Right Former Democrats that joined Trump against Hillary. Trump at one time donated to keep Hillary and Pelosi in power, Fact check it out when he was a Democrat before Republican. He was Pro Choice then Pro Life. Check the facts!!! By the way I am currently pulling for Nikki Haley because she reminds me so much of President Reagan, compromise get things done 60/40 everyone gets a slice of the pie so no losers bring America together for the good of all. Educate yourself dude open your knowledge you need it, You are playing catch up on me in education.,
You're right. GB Trump would be appropriate as well with your constant spamming/trolling in every thread. So straighten up or I'm going to keep calling you out for your trolling.
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

I’m glad that The Sumrall Era Has Begun πŸ˜³πŸ‘πŸˆ and I can read about it in this thread😜
greenie78
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Back to the Sumrall era..

I hoped for a long time we would end up with Coach Sumrall. Guy has been a winner from day one as a head coach. Already one of the best defensive coaches in the country and now on his way to being one of the best head coaches. Enjoy the ride guys. Its gonna be alot of fun.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 4661
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Bay Area, California
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:03 am Back to the Sumrall era..

I hoped for a long time we would end up with Coach Sumrall. Guy has been a winner from day one as a head coach. Already one of the best defensive coaches in the country and now on his way to being one of the best head coaches. Enjoy the ride guys. Its gonna be alot of fun.
I pray that he isn't a one and done at Tulane. We have to make it very difficult for him to leave. He will be an SEC Head Coach sooner than later.
Post Reply