Sumrall Era Begins

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A lot of good coordinators don't make good HC's. The P's will likely look for candidates who have been HC's already. Sure it only takes one to hire him but that remains to be seen. If HCJS is as successful as we think we'll be able to get another proven winner who is a sitting HC. If Baker has that on his reume at that point he'd be a great candidate.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Despite changes not much change on the defense:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/jon- ... 1db84.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
True Green
Trickle

Coach Sumrall has not yet coached one game at Tulane as head coach..
All the whining about his possible departure and who will be the next head coach is ridiculous.
Be positive we may be in a power conference in the near future.
anEngineer
Riptide

True Green wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:36 pm Coach Sumrall has not yet coached one game at Tulane as head coach..
All the whining about his possible departure and who will be the next head coach is ridiculous.
Welcome to the site. Get used to it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Given the tremendous start and infusion of talent. I doubt Sumrall will be going anywhere too soon. He’s well on his way to seriously bulking up his resume—but game one still awaits.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:59 pm Given the tremendous start and infusion of talent. I doubt Sumrall will be going anywhere too soon. He’s well on his way to seriously bulking up his resume—but game one still awaits.
Just hope and pull for Kentucky for the unforeseeable future.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:59 pm Given the tremendous start and infusion of talent. I doubt Sumrall will be going anywhere too soon. He’s well on his way to seriously bulking up his resume—but game one still awaits.
Just hope and pull for Kentucky for the unforeseeable future.
Absolutely. And if Stoops does leave UK. hopefully they will first go after his brother Bob.
Greeniegb
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:47 pm
True Green wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:36 pm Coach Sumrall has not yet coached one game at Tulane as head coach..
Welcome to the site. Get used to it.
Don't have to, have nerve to call out these know it alls!!! They are pathetic negative annies, they need to feel good, their lives are so dull and boring they put things out that if it becomes true makes them feel big and bad!!! Never fact based!!!

What is a negative person and why are they negative? Here is a definition of negativity from the web dictionary:

“Negativity is a tendency to be downbeat, disagreeable, and skeptical. It's a pessimistic attitude that always expects the worst. Negative outcomes are bad outcomes like losing a game, getting a disease, suffering an injury, or getting something stolen.”
Dave breslin
Swell

Agree with you GB. I’m in my 70’s and unfortunately the DNA from the past embedded a pessimism that has been tough to overcome BUT, the recent past and outlook is bending that RNA. I know we had periods of success but not like the present. It’s not all rainbows and there’s still work to do. Always will be. We all want the same thing—and that’s success and not sucking like the others past. Constructive criticism is okay. Bitch slapping on this is tiring. The complaints are generally the frustration for the things we see that need to be addressed. At least we have the people that are willing to get things done correctly as opposed to the clowns of the past. ROLL WAVE
1989alum
Low Tide

It is a good time to be a Tulanian! Sumrall was a great hire. We all expect him to be successful and stay as long as possible. In the meantime, I will be rooting for Kentucky football like never before. Roll Wave and Go Wildcats or whatever they say up there in Lexington.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Exactly what I have been saying. I see him getting us into a Power conference and staying at Tulane a long time.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's nothing negative or doom and gloom about predicting Sumrall will be the next Kentucky HC. It's his alma mater, and many would guess his dream job. If Stoops leaves and he gets it, it will mean he's done great things at Tulane. I'm not saying it to make myself feel good when it happens, I'm saying it so nobody is surprised if it happens sooner than we would want given that he's been here a month and hasn't coached a game.

How do you think Troy fans felt when he left after two seasons? Particularly since most of the college football world would consider it a sideways move if you threw out the compensation, I'd say they were more pissed off than Georgia State fans were to lose Fritz.

I would love for Sumrall to retire 20 years from now as the most successful coach in Tulane History. I'd also love to win Powerball. Not sure which has longer odds.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

Yeah, I done get the pontificating about Sumrall's next destination. We all know he is likely to leave at some
Point but don't get why Debbie Downers want to discuss doom and gloom scenarios right now. There was some dufus on Facebook posting last week about how Kiffin would get Bama job and Ole Miss would hire Sunrall. Give me a break. As Dickson used to say "take that across the street." Lol.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:42 am
Exactly what I have been saying. I see him getting us into a Power conference and staying at Tulane a long time.
I think that is a real possibility, as he seems to really like N.O., and already knows the past Tulane hurdles, and still wanted to come here. Each year he stays and builds this program, the harder it would be to go anywhere, even Kentucky at some point. And life in Lexington is very different than life in N.O.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

1989alum wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am It is a good time to be a Tulanian! Sumrall was a great hire. We all expect him to be successful and stay as long as possible. In the meantime, I will be rooting for Kentucky football like never before. Roll Wave and Go Wildcats or whatever they say up there in Lexington.
It's "Go Kats" in Kentucky.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sumrall and his staff are relentless. He's already recruiting the class of 2027!!

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Works 20 hours a day. 7 days a week.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Coach Sumrall seems to welcome media interactions much more than Willie Fritz.
tpstulane wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:13 pm Works 20 hours a day. 7 days a week.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:21 pm Coach Sumrall seems to welcome media interactions much more than Willie Fritz.
That he does and it's great to see.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:05 am There's nothing negative or doom and gloom about predicting Sumrall will be the next Kentucky HC. It's his alma mater, and many would guess his dream job. If Stoops leaves and he gets it, it will mean he's done great things at Tulane. I'm not saying it to make myself feel good when it happens, I'm saying it so nobody is surprised if it happens sooner than we would want given that he's been here a month and hasn't coached a game.

How do you think Troy fans felt when he left after two seasons? Particularly since most of the college football world would consider it a sideways move if you threw out the compensation, I'd say they were more pissed off than Georgia State fans were to lose Fritz.

I would love for Sumrall to retire 20 years from now as the most successful coach in Tulane History. I'd also love to win Powerball. Not sure which has longer odds.
You know what you are pathetic how in the hell do you know what Sumrall's dream job is are you Sumrall, do you know what his family wants are you his wife, lol We are far from Troy, 1 step from Power 5, Troy is not in Power Conference radar. If he gets us to Power 5 think of the money available to keep him!!! Speculation is stupid, sign of a loser, yes a loser and defeatist attitude!!! As far as any of us knows Sumrall could be here 5+ years where he can command much more that one and out!!! Biggie dude he has not coached a down for us, just came from Troy with all the coaching openings why us and no one us, tell me dude why us and no one else with the other openings. Here at Tulane he can make the College Playoffs not at Kentucky. Enjoy the moment and stop your crap no one wants to hear it at this point!!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:06 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:05 am There's nothing negative or doom and gloom about predicting Sumrall will be the next Kentucky HC. It's his alma mater, and many would guess his dream job. If Stoops leaves and he gets it, it will mean he's done great things at Tulane. I'm not saying it to make myself feel good when it happens, I'm saying it so nobody is surprised if it happens sooner than we would want given that he's been here a month and hasn't coached a game.

You know what you are pathetic how in the hell do you know what Sumrall's dream job is are you Sumrall, do you know what his family wants are you his wife, lol We are far from Troy, 1 step from Power 5, Troy is not in Power Conference radar. If he gets us to Power 5 think of the money available to keep him!!! Speculation is stupid, sign of a loser, yes a loser and defeatist attitude!!! As far as any of us knows Sumrall could be here 5+ years where he can command much more that one and out!!! Biggie dude he has not coached a down for us, just came from Troy with all the coaching openings why us and no one us, tell me dude why us and no one else with the other openings. Here at Tulane he can make the College Playoffs not at Kentucky. Enjoy the moment and stop your crap no one wants to hear it at this point!!!!
Hey, gbg, I suggest you stop hitting the bottle and posting. Your brilliant between the lines insights go downhill when you do so. You write in run on sentences. What is worse is they literally do not make sense. This all adds to the mental image of you as Newman grown old, posting from your basement. Talk about a loser. I’ll remind you of this post when you’re posting about Sumrall betraying us after he leaves. Tulane is not his final coaching job, insisting it is shows your lack of understanding of the coaching profession and college football overall.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:21 pm Coach Sumrall seems to welcome media interactions much more than Willie Fritz.
This is a great interview and really shows why Coach Sumrall will be successful throughout his career.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:25 am

Hey, gbg, I suggest you stop hitting the bottle and posting. Your brilliant between the lines insights go downhill when you do so. You write in run on sentences. What is worse is they literally do not make sense. This all adds to the mental image of you as Newman grown old, posting from your basement. Talk about a loser. I’ll remind you of this post when you’re posting about Sumrall betraying us after he leaves. Tulane is not his final coaching job, insisting it is shows your lack of understanding of the coaching profession and college football overall.
Dingbat as all negative people you always leave out some very important facts, he has a young family, Sumrall's children born at Oschner here in New Orleans, young coaches with children are rarely jumping around the country looking for new coaching opportunities unless they are really not satisfied. Would you move young children around. That is one of my considerations and makes the most sense that Sumrall builds his resume for maybe 5 years becoming a higher-level coach then make a move when it is right for his family. You completely ignore family in your negativity!!! Once he proves he is Power level coach here he can command and look for a final destination!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:34 am Dingbat as all negative people you always leave out some very important facts, he has a young family, Sumrall's children born at Oschner here in New Orleans, young coaches with children are rarely jumping around the country looking for new coaching opportunities unless they are really not satisfied. Would you move young children around. That is one of my considerations and makes the most sense that Sumrall builds his resume for maybe 5 years becoming a higher-level coach then make a move when it is right for his family. You completely ignore family in your negativity!!!Once he proves he is Power level coach here he can command and look for a final destination!!!
You are so ignorant I won't continue this senseless argument. Every factor you mentioned didn't seem to bother him moving after 2 years at Troy. Yet you say they'd prevent him from taking the job at his alma mater in the best conference in the country, likely at double or triple what Tulane will pay. :roll:

"Dingbat" :lol: :lol: :lol: nice try Newman.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Another primo example of gbg hypocrisy--accusing anybody of reading somebody else's mind--something that gbg makes a career of. gbg is the ultimate speculator, and yet he warns against it--an absolute hysterical level of hypocrisy.